Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date?

snb7x

First Name
Bertie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan S, Z4 3.0i Conv, VW Golf & Taycan Turbo (awaited)
Country flag
My Taycan Turbo order froze 21st May and was scheduled for production 18th June and due with U.K. dealer 23rd July … normally this would be improved upon but I’m guessing the additions to the range (cross Taycan and rwd) may mean it sticks more to this schedule than a Taycan Turbo I’d ordered last year that was with dealer in early Feb 21 a full month ahead of schedule. (Ps report from my dealer is the semi conductor supply issue was Macan production related)
All info on my car disappeared from “My Porsche” visibility 2-3 weeks ago.
Sponsored

dflohr

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Boxster S (RIP)
Country flag
My TYD still confirming 6/11 one day to go now before RWD leaves JAXPORT for the dealer. Status still at "Port Processing". Holding my breathe every time I check.

Taycan24

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD due in June
Country flag
Similar situation: TYD shows 6/11 but on a vessel 2k miles away, but that vessel (Green Bay) actually got to port in San Diego (90 miles from dealer) and also left port to next destination yesterday.

Dealer says the processing at port can take a few days and I likely won’t get the car until next week, but I’m still holding out hope it goes fast and I can pick up this weekend.

TYD been basically frozen for over a week

vdr

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maybe a Taycan...
Country flag
Pushed a second time now. Original FD was 05/26 then moved to 06/17 and now pushed again to 06/26. ETA was originally 08/06 then 08/27 and now pushed to 09/03.

I'm thinking of simply amending this order to a MY22 at this point...

dflohr

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Pushed a second time now. Original FD was 05/26 then moved to 06/17 and now pushed again to 06/26. ETA was originally 08/06 then 08/27 and now pushed to 09/03.

I wonder at what point the build would automatically become a MY22 anyway.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
Is the microchip "low-supply" issue the only cause of the delays? We have been hearing about it for months now. How long is it anticipated till the supply is back to normal levels?

Debating ordering or trying to find a closely spec'd vehicle on a dealers lot.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Is the microchip "low-supply" issue the only cause of the delays? We have been hearing about it for months now. How long is it anticipated till the supply is back to normal levels?

I must be very lucky or have some extended German family members in Stuttgart hooking me up. :rock: My RWD was build and arrived to me very quickly. I posted earlier about what my dealer GM said about delays when I asked. He said chip shortage effects electric steering columns and 14-way seats - both of which I have. Maybe inventory is just now becoming an issue + I didn't order order ACC/innodrive, heads-up, rear steer, etc... Car was build last week of April.

schad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, e-tron
Country flag

It seems pretty arbitrary. Look around this forum and these threads and you'll see two people order their cars at the same time, and one arrives a week early while the other sits in port for a month. They aren't installing 14-way seats in port, and both cars have TPMS sensors, so...

schad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, e-tron
Country flag
Every day I get different numbers from TYD, and it's not even consistent with itself. The main landing page says my build has been scheduled, whereas the detail page says it won't be scheduled until July and the actual current stage is simply "order received."

dflohr

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My RWD has been in JAXPort since May 25. Supposed to be released to transport to the dealer May 28. That got pushed to today, June 11. No date has been updated on either TYD or the official dealer's Vehicle Management System. All unknown now.

Good news would be appreciated. Bad news I can live with. No news is just really frustrating.....

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
My RWD has been in JAXPort since May 25. Supposed to be released to transport to the dealer May 28. That got pushed to today, June 11. No date has been updated on either TYD or the official dealer's Vehicle Management System. All unknown now.

Good news would be appreciated. Bad news I can live with. No news is just really frustrating.....
That's the day my RWD arrived at JAX as well. Mine was at the dealer in Naples 2 days later. Why was yours held back? Maybe compare our build sheets?

dflohr

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That's the day my RWD arrived at JAX as well. Mine was at the dealer in Naples 2 days later. Why was yours held back? Maybe compare our build sheets?

Yeah, I did that comparison previously. My electronic differences from yours if I recall are: ACC, RAS, Massage Seats, Heated Steering wheel, Retracting mirrors.

Maybe ACC related......
Sponsored