Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date?

AJDiBianca

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT4, Cayenne Turbo, Cayenne, Taycan 4S
Country flag
I would agree that stereo is always subjective, and certainly interesting that you find the Burmester more 'irritating' than the Bose. Possibly because my hearing is not as sensitive as yours, I find it much cleaner and deeper, and different enough so that I chose to upgrade. I also plan on driving a fair number of highway miles, where if the car is as quiet as advertised, could make the Burmester sound even better than in the Panamera. Good review of the Burmester from Audiophile magazine:

http://www.rutherfordaudio.com/audiophile_mag_reviews_burmester/
Thanks for the discussion points and review. Audio is terribly subjective, and stereo choices depend a lot on the type of music you listen to... Pretty sure we'll BOTH be happy with our choices :) Hope your Taycan arrives soon... April "feels" a long way off for me... but good things come to those who wait - right?

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
Ordered a 4S, Carmine Red with a bunch of performance options.

V260: Entry into body shop 1/24
V270: Exit Production 2/24
V900: Dealer Inventory 4/24
Reg, that sounds awesome,have you found any pics of the carmine red in the wild? I haven't seen many, I came so close to getting red, but got black

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Reg, that sounds awesome,have you found any pics of the carmine red in the wild? I haven't seen many, I came so close to getting red, but got black
i did check out a camine red Panamera in person and thought it looked great. of course, the Taycan is different,. but thought it was a good proxy. There also was a brief view of one in a video interview with a Porsche engineer.

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
24 hours from delivery...
Black on Black with black trim, Turbo.
I think it’s gonna need a Batman logo or something.
Took delivery yesterday. Loving it so far. Only drove 60 miles today. More tomorrow.

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
Took delivery yesterday. Loving it so far. Only drove 60 miles today. More tomorrow.
Congratulations!!!!! You may also need something to get that deep voice "I'm batman" :D. Please let us know more when you have the chance - I am particularly interested in consumption at highway speed.

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Congratulations!!!!! You may also need something to get that deep voice "I'm batman" :D. Please let us know more when you have the chance - I am particularly interested in consumption at highway speed.
This being my first Porsche, I’m still learning the UI. I’m not sure how to view instantaneous consumption data.

also, I’m having too much fun! It’s stupid quick when you stomp on it. And so quiet!

Mission4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I ordered a Taycan 4S (pretty much Mission e style):
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL7IGQX0

At my local Porsche dealer in Germany I was first person to put down the deposit.
On morning of 14 Oct 2019, when Taycan 4S was announced and online configuration available, I locked in my order. My dealer confirmed me to get one of the very first available delivery dates for Taycan 4S in Germany.

In November 2019 my original production date 17 Jan 2020 was postponed by 2 weeks to 31 Jan 2020 due to the general delay of all Taycan productions. I have now a confirmed pickup date on 7 Feb 2020. In Germany you have the option to pick up your car at your local dealer or directly from the Porsche factory in Stuttgart (including lunch and some show part during delivery) - I will go for factory pick up.

Around my home there are some hundred kilometers of German "Autobahn", which have no speed limits at all - after I will make some launch controls and drivings for 1-2 hours with constant 250 km/h (155 mph) you will get forum driver feedback if it will be possible with a 4S and performance battery plus to have even less range than the 201 EPA Turbo miles ;)

Looking forward to my upcoming Mission 4S!

Last edited:

MissionC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
My V900 is 5/22 for my 4S.

One question that I’m wondering if anyone has insight into is around the adaptive cruise control and its supporting hardware. I didn’t get ACC on my build, but am wondering if all the hardware is already in the car. There’s mention of a regen setting that utilizes the front camera — is that setting only available with ACC? If not, and the hardware is already in the car, is there the possibility of ACC being added later as an OTA upgrade?

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
My V900 is 5/22 for my 4S.

One question that I’m wondering if anyone has insight into is around the adaptive cruise control and its supporting hardware. I didn’t get ACC on my build, but am wondering if all the hardware is already in the car. There’s mention of a regen setting that utilizes the front camera — is that setting only available with ACC? If not, and the hardware is already in the car, is there the possibility of ACC being added later as an OTA upgrade?
Great question, though I was going to order mine with InnoDrive or at least ACC I am curious the answer. I know $2K for ACC is a steep option.
See this article seems to at least say it's on even without having cruise control on, which seems strange.
https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-news/tech/porsche-taycan-regeneration-how-does-it-work/

Wishing you the best with your new Taycan.

Jenner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
25? Tesla Roadster/22 Tesla MYP/21 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
There’s mention of a regen setting that utilizes the front camera — is that setting only available with ACC? If not, and the hardware is already in the car, is there the possibility of ACC being added later as an OTA upgrade?
Not sure if this helps but an included (standard) feature is Warn and Brake Assist that uses the camera to warn and then slow/stop the car if the driver isn't paying attention.
"The camera-based warning and brake assist system, also fitted as standard, detects the risk of collisions with other vehicles, pedestrians or cyclist and initiates a warning or emergency braking if necessary.
Warn and Brake Assist cannot prevent most collisions, although it may help to reduce their severity. In addition, Warn and Brake Assist may not detect every object in the road. The system may not operate if certain evasive maneuvers are performed by the driver."

But ACC uses radar, which isn't a part of Warn and Brake which means it's rather unlikely to ever be a OTA upgrade option since that hardware is missing. And knowing Porsche I highly doubt they will do anything like Tesla does with OTA updates (never mind free or paid)

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, replaced my 911 ;-)
Country flag
How is the car ?

2 questions....

1 - What is acceleration like in sport mode not sports plus mode?
2 - How easy is it to change drive modes using the steering wheel multi function button not the sports + control dial

The reason for both is I don't want to order the Sports Chrono Package

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
How is the car ?

2 questions....

2 - How easy is it to change drive modes using the steering wheel multi function button not the sports + control dial

1 - What I have read and heard is that Sport+ makes suspension firmer and lower and does immediate battery temperature management for optimal performance. I would expect minimal acceleration change in some conditions.

2 - There is a touch control on the right side of curved instrument console and a display of the mode there also so I suspect trivial to change while stopped and not too difficult while driving.

2.1 - Sport Chrono also gets you a custom mode so you can configure suspension firmness, battery management, ride height etc.

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
How is the car ?

2 questions....

1. It’s been snowing and the roads are too icy to make much use of the massive acceleration (in Normal mode!). It’s silly quick. Sorry, no good answer there.

2. It’s a several click process to switch modes via the steering wheel or center console. The mode dial is much easier. But... how often do you foresee switching? I don’t go back and forth much. Either I want normal, or I want to go play for a while. It’s not like the brake pedal, you don’t need to be adjusting over and over (except when its new and you are experimenting).

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
2.1 - Sport Chrono also gets you a custom mode so you can configure suspension firmness, battery management, ride height etc.
minor correction: Sadly, You can’t set Ride Height in the custom setting. I wanted to. couldn’t.
Sponsored