Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date?

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
I ordered my 4S back in November 2nd 2019....As yet I have not been given a build date or anything. Rang my dealer last week, she explained that everything was in hand and confirmed at their end, Just no news yet on the 4S's

One thing I did want to ask everyone...My budget was pretty tight and I couldn't afford the £4K battery pack upgrade option. Reading through it seems that a very large % of the 4S purchasers have gone for this. I'm not bothered about increased power, I'm happy with the lower 430hp....and I don't have range anxiety I have a charger at home and at my office where I'm based 80% of the time whilst in the UK.

What I am concerened about is the maximum amount of speed that the smaller battery will charge at. I'm sure I read somewhere that the smaller battery does not include the DC port and doesn't charge anywhere near as quickly as the larger battery option.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks
Weird, your in the UK... delivery for my 4S is end April.
Sponsored

Jenner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
25? Tesla Roadster/22 Tesla MYP/21 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Weird, your in the UK... delivery for my 4S is end April.
I think this is a case of a dealer taking an order on "paper" but not have an actual allocation to go along with it. In order to keep the the buyer from getting upset or shopping elsewhere the salesperson tells them it is "ordered" but it's meaningless until all the 4S allocations in front of the buyer are filled and his actual allocation comes up. Not really transparent to the buyer, but I can see why sales people do this because you never know who is going to cancel or how many units they will make and don't want to risk losing a sale.

I'm in a similar situation myself with my dealership except they are transparent. I was #2 on the deposit list, and #1 guy got his Turbo S delivered right after Christmas, but they don't have a Turbo allocation for me, yet they have FOUR, 4S allocations! So guys way deeper in the reservation queue will get their Taycans before me. Plus I am waiting for the aluminum roof which doesn't become available here in the US until June build. So anyone after me in the queue that wants a Turbo with the glass roof will get an allocation before I do. :headbang:

RobboWWFC did your dealer tell you how deep you are in the reservation queue?

Last edited:

RobboWWFC

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I think this is a case of a dealer taking an order on "paper" but not have an actual allocation to go along with it. In order to keep the the buyer from getting upset or shopping elsewhere the salesperson tells them it is "ordered" but it's meaningless until all the 4S allocations in front of the buyer are filled and his actual allocation comes up.

RobboWWFC did your dealer tell you how deep you are in the reservation queue?
Nope....I will ask on Monday. Thank you.

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
One thing I did want to ask everyone...My budget was pretty tight and I couldn't afford the £4K battery pack upgrade option. Reading through it seems that a very large % of the 4S purchasers have gone for this. I'm not bothered about increased power, I'm happy with the lower 430hp....and I don't have range anxiety I have a charger at home and at my office where I'm based 80% of the time whilst in the UK.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks
I think that if I was budget constrained, I'd at least wait and find out the cost and specs of the e-tron GT. I'll probably be cheaper.

Fitzban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I think that if I was budget constrained, I'd at least wait and find out the cost and specs of the e-tron GT. I'll probably be cheaper.
If you can wait for the e-tron GT, then you may also hold out of the cheaper Taycan 4.

RobboWWFC

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
If you can wait for the e-tron GT, then you may also hold out of the cheaper Taycan 4.
the e-Tron GT will be £100k base give or take here in UK. The cheaper Taycan will only have 1 rear motor and considerably less power (obviously) than the 4S. Its not that I had to get a base 4S. It’s because with the other options that I preferred to have-and did have, having the battery+ option couldn’t keep me within my budget.

jammin88

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Huracan LP580-2 Spyder
Country flag
Hi RobboWWFC, I'm guessing from your display picture you may be in a similar part of the UK to me..!

I didn't order from Wolverhampton (they were absolute **** on the phone to be honest)... Have ordered from another nearby dealer a bit further south....

Can I ask - has anyone had any random fees applied to their build? Final invoice was presented to me yesterday with a sneaky £144 additional "dealer OTR fee" on the bottom. I have told them to bugger off, it's bad enough paying full RRP for a £100k+ car that will probably depreciate like a stone, without them sneaking extra things in.

My build is now "locked", so hoping for delivery April-ish... but dealer hasn't exactly been forthcoming with information. Placed deposit back in early September. Have seen zero through the post/etc, just our handful emails back and forth.

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
Notified today that production starts in 1.5 weeks on my Turbo
Congrats, I heard the same info, first batch , means early numbered cars, exciting times, is that silver and glacier headlights you have there? 1200 days and I thought I got in early, hope yours is the first one produced and hope the same for me and my 4s

domin1720

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 macan gts
Country flag
Congrats, I heard the same info, first batch , means early numbered cars, exciting times, is that silver and glacier headlights you have there? 1200 days and I thought I got in early, hope yours is the first one produced and hope the same for me and my 4s
Yes, I really like that combo. I was told I would have it now Early April not late April. We shall see. Winter sucks here in Michigan so as long as it is Spring sometime I will be happy

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
Very nice spec hogs. Look forward to seeing it for real in April :)
Sponsored