Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date?

domin1720

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 macan gts
Country flag
Congrats!

was tomorrow your original date or was it earlier or later (I am supposed to start on 1/24, but haven’t hit v250 yet, still at v210)
Thanks ! a bit sooner than original dates given.
Sponsored

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I just ordered my 4S. April 1st beginning....July 27 estimated delivery.

I'm super excited...I can hardly type! My birthday is in August. I can't think of a greater birthday present.
Congrats! I know the feeling. I hope I get mine before May.

I ordered this weekend for late April delivery in Southern CA. PLQW5XL4
AF48B1B7-F03D-4036-B23E-A074268EC124.jpeg
Looks super sleek, congrats! Please post some pics, when you get it.

paladin732

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Lucid
Country flag
How long from ordering does it take to get confirmation details from the dealer?
Ordered yesterday for April delivery from a dealer in SoCal that told me it could take a week for them to start getting information from Porsche. Does that sound right?

sneksis911

First Name
Wald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AMG GT, XC90R
Country flag
How long from ordering does it take to get confirmation details from the dealer?
Ordered yesterday for April delivery from a dealer in SoCal that told me it could take a week for them to start getting information from Porsche. Does that sound right?
That sounds similar to what I had. Same dealer...? South Bay P?

paladin732

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Lucid
Country flag
Nope,

Bakersfield.

I actually called all dealers within radius of me: Santana row, fremont, marin, redwood city, walnut creek. The fascinating thing was how varied their lists and availability are. Do people not call other dealers? Seems like a no brainer when they all charge the exact same for this car.

WC had one with a feb build date, but it locked the day before I was going to configure it. They also required an insane 10% deposit. (For anyone looking, they still have a July available)

When I didn't find dates I was happy with, I started to extend to SoCal since its not a terrible drive.
Bakersfield had one left for April delivery, just seems super fast based on what I'm seeing. Its ~3-4 hours, so not bad at all. Also only a 2k deposit.

sneksis911

First Name
Wald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AMG GT, XC90R
Country flag
Same here. Always call around and not first time that I am ending up in SoCal. I actually really like to fly in and have a 360 mile drive back ;)

BayAreaKen

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 650i Convertible
Country flag
I always *try* to buy from the dealer I will have service the vehicle. I want to build (or strengthen) a relationship with the GM and other managers. It pays dividends later ... especially if you want to purchase another car later and/or have a problem that requires more attention. Relationships are the hallmark of professionalism and great customer service. With a first model vehicle, it may be inevitable we will need to bring the car in more than you anticipate. The GM at my dealership informed me that they don't want to (at least initially) do over the air updates, so we would by definition, need to bring the car in. Which presents more opportunity to build relationship.

moneymil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 BMW X7
Country flag
I was told 1/10 was my freeze date for May delivery here in the DC area. Dealer just informed me all scheduled May deliveries are being delayed until June. Anyone else expecting May get bumped?
Plus is I can still make changes to my config. Negative is I can still make changes to my confirm. Now that I’ve seen the Porsche Design front fascia I want it!
Feel like the carrot and the stick....

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I was told 1/10 was my freeze date for May delivery here in the DC area. Dealer just informed me all scheduled May deliveries are being delayed until June. Anyone else expecting May get bumped?
Plus is I can still make changes to my config. Negative is I can still make changes to my confirm. Now that I’ve seen the Porsche Design front fascia I want it!
Feel like the carrot and the stick....
Ugg...
I originally had 1/10 freeze with delivery in late April.
This week I was told the freeze would be friday with delivery Mid May.
I guess I need to ask him if it moved again, now to June.

Funny, I was also thinking about the last minute change to the front fascia.

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Just got this from my dealer, for the 4S I ordered last week. I was originally told June delivery. It looks like this is saying July 3, is that right? Can someone translate this for me please? What does “vehicle fixed” mean? It looks like right from the get-go everything is delayed by one week. Not sure why the "expected dates" are one week later than the "planned dates", on day one. My dealer said these build schedules are usually conservative, is that true? Is July delivery typical for cars ordered now?

Porsche Taycan Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date? PorscheBuild

Last edited:

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Vehicle Fixed means you can no longer make any changes to your configuration. My "vehicle fixed" has changed twice now and hopefully next week won't change again.

I think until the vehicle enters production, the dates can easily slip. The timelines here are similar to mine, I don't know if 2 weeks sitting in the Emden port or the Davisville point are areas that are conservative, but I hoping they are. I did hear that the PDI can be a couple days or a couple of weeks. Also, even when it hits dealer inventory, it can be a couple of days for them to prep for delivery.

Minnesotan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo, 2022 Targa 4S, 2018 E300
Country flag
Just found out my Turbo (white with red/black interior) production schedule has been pushed back 2 weeks for every item—from “vehicle fixed” date (changed from 1/31 to 2/14) to “dealer inventory“ date (moved 4/17 to 5/1). Oh well, we in Minnesota just received our first demos this week, and after having seen one in person, am glad to wait (an extra 2 weeks) so long as I get one :)

tk23

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mclaren 600LT. Porsche macan gts. Porsche 964 C4. Volvo xc90
Country flag
My turbo was supposed to have been completed today. Now it’s 2/7. My other dates were unchanged until today. Not much of a delay but was hoping it was on track since it entered the body shop on schedule.
Sponsored