Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date?

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
I got a call with from the head of Munich Porsche yesterday to again apologize to me. May car has now been pushed to October 19th delivery.

Original delivery date was July 1st so that’s about 15 weeks late.

I also got confirmation that I’ll be getting €49 a day compensation from the original delivery date.

I also asked if it will be an MY22 and he said he will check. (I doubt it though)

looks like I’ll get the car just in time for German winter :/
I wonder how unusual this is - do you have a special relationship? The compensation equates to over US$6000 off your build which is nice but given your patience most definitely the least they can do! Have not heard of anyone on the US side getting a discount for long overdue delivery or are there?
Sponsored

gps217

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Placed my order last week with Dec. 3rd delivery date. Any chance I actually receive it in December? Reading through this thread, I am not feeling optimistic.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Placed my order last week with Dec. 3rd delivery date. Any chance I actually receive it in December? Reading through this thread, I am not feeling optimistic.
Well my orig order mid July now has a supposed Dec 31 delivery - 3rd change so ….. ;)

hkarthik

First Name
Karthik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S White
Country flag
Given that I purchased my car through an out of state dealer, and it's being delivered to them prior to coming to me, I'm a bit worried about the dealer installed parts coming afterwards, even if they can legally do it.

It seems like I might need to wait until the car is fully assembled at the dealership before they ship it out to me. Otherwise I have to get the missing parts installed by a dealer local to me.

What a mess.

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
Well, I'm honestly happy for you, but my freeze date was 6/14 which makes me sad for me. By all accounts mine should have completed production already. So frustrating.
That's incredibly frustrating and odd, sorry to hear that. Thought you'd be well ahead of me by now. ?

menzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mino cooper S, waiting for taycan CT
Country flag
That's incredibly frustrating and odd, sorry to hear that. Thought you'd be well ahead of me by now. ?
Let us know when your TYD updates as then may be it can help escalate why the earlier cars haven’t been completed yet.

StingRe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I wonder how unusual this is - do you have a special relationship? The compensation equates to over US$6000 off your build which is nice but given your patience most definitely the least they can do! Have not heard of anyone on the US side getting a discount for long overdue delivery or are there?
I do have a good relationship as I’m pretty senior in the Auto industry but this is still my first car from this dealer as I just relocated to Munich from LA. It’s actually going to be about €6,000 all in for compensation in the end which is my winter wheels and tires because they completely missed my summer delivery.

I was at IAA in Munich the last couple of days and connected with a few off the Porsche HQ guys from Stuttgart, they are pretty concerned on their end and don’t see this getting better till Q2 next year at the earliest.

this is impacting all their deliveries and not just the Taycans.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I do have a good relationship as I’m pretty senior in the Auto industry but this is still my first car from this dealer as I just relocated to Munich from LA. It’s actually going to be about €6,000 all in for compensation in the end which is my winter wheels and tires because they completely missed my summer delivery.

I was at IAA in Munich the last couple of days and connected with a few off the Porsche HQ guys from Stuttgart, they are pretty concerned on their end and don’t see this getting better till Q2 next year at the earliest.

this is impacting all their deliveries and not just the Taycans.
Indeed, thx for sharing - unfortunately just confirming my worst fears - July 15 order but despite nonsense TYD dates, willing myself to believe I might get it by my birthday in Feb 2022!! :)

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Let us know when your TYD updates as then may be it can help escalate why the earlier cars haven’t been completed yet.
So even tho my car hasn't been marked as 'Completed Production' yet, they do confirm it is being prepared for transport to the Emden Port on TYD

Porsche Taycan Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date? Screen Shot 2021-09-09 at 8.18.44 PM

menzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So even tho my car hasn't been marked as 'Completed Production' yet, they do confirm it is being prepared for transport to the Emden Port on TYD

Screen Shot 2021-09-09 at 8.18.44 PM.png
Thanks for sharing. I need to talk to my SA in the morning, even though he is useless. This doesn’t make sense. My car has been stuck in production since 7/19.

vdr

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maybe a Taycan...
Country flag
Thanks for sharing. I need to talk to my SA in the morning, even though he is useless. This doesn’t make sense. My car has been stuck in production since 7/19.
Mine since 07/20. Please post when you get word that your car has finally been completed. My TYD shows a proposed completion date of 10/15 or nearly 3 months from when production began.

Last edited:

menzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Mine since 07/20. Please post when you get word that your car has finally been completed. My TYD shows a proposed completion date of 10/15 or nearly 3 months from when production began.
Same here. I’m wondering it’s the options on the car.

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Screen Shot 2021-09-09 at 8.18.44 PM.png
OK TYD updated yet again this morning

It now acknowledges production COMPLETED and getting ready for transport to the port ?

FB_IMG_1631283074348.jpg

FB_IMG_1631283069709.jpg

menzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
OK TYD updated yet again this morning

It now acknowledges production COMPLETED and getting ready for transport to the port ?

FB_IMG_1631283074348.jpg

FB_IMG_1631283069709.jpg
Congrats! do you mind sharing your build sheet? I am wondering if the options list is what causing the delay on mine? My build is loaded with all the tech options. This is my build code PM7MIHW7