Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date?

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Agreed with @Rocky and @samueldave . My dealer is owned by Porsche and even they didn't have any useful info. Once, they said that my car is going into production in the week of XX, while later on, they found out that it's been produced a week before... Not even mention, that I've been rescheduled 10 (ten!) times by now...
Today, a TPM control unit should arrive... no info from them ... yet.

To make long story short: IMO, Taycan in best of the best, what's available on the market.
But they promised me delivery end of May... if they would tell me "maybe in September", I'd walk away for sure instead of made a payment of 20% as deposit.

@Tay-k : this is Taycan forum, "waiting room" thread... and we are not solving world problems here.
Sponsored

samueldave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Audi Q3, Range R Sport, Mini Cooper
Country flag
Agreed with @Rocky and @samueldave . My dealer is owned by Porsche and even they didn't have any useful info. Once, they said that my car is going into production in the week of XX, while later on, they found out that it's been produced a week before... Not even mention, that I've been rescheduled 10 (ten!) times by now...
Today, a TPM control unit should arrive... no info from them ... yet.

To make long story short: IMO, Taycan in best of the best, what's available on the market.
But they promised me delivery end of May... if they would tell me "maybe in September", I'd walk away for sure instead of made a payment of 20% as deposit.

@Tay-k : this is Taycan forum, "waiting room" thread... and we are not solving world problems here.
Damn straight! ??

Reactions: B61

MrRothIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Incoming: Taycan
Country flag
Damn - saw the thread post count jump and thought maybe there was a magical delivery of TPMS chips delivered wherever the hell my car is lol

instead I will just be satisfied that my date didn't slip again for the 3rd? 4th? 5th? time!

scheduled for black Friday now and I will be very thankful if that happens :)

Y1BDB1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911, CT4S
Country flag
I apologize if my complaining has offended anyone in these terrible troubled times. My virtue and privilege knows no bounds but I will endeavor to better myself. Virtue signing off.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
Personally, I am on this thread to gather information from others and share what I have regarding my car. Not complaining about the communication (some get great info, others none), but just trying to get a feel when I might expect my car.

Henke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I apologize if my complaining has offended anyone in these terrible troubled times. My virtue and privilege knows no bounds but I will endeavor to better myself. Virtue signing off.
You’re definitely not the one virtue signaling! Porsche make great cars and we’re all privileged to have an opportunity to own them. That doesn’t mean Porsche is perfect and it seems like some people cannot tolerate any criticism of the brand.

Yea some people complain about everything but fanboys are just as annoying. It’s hard but it would be good if people could just remove the emotion and provide a dispassionate opinion. Sometimes we all need a place to vent.

Aiwendil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CT4
Country flag
For those much further in the process or already delivered, between the 4 phase MyPorsche status and TYD, which has been more accurate overall?

Right now I show "scheduled for production" with MyPorsche (no specific production date I see there unless I am missing it) with TYD showing not yet having reached the freeze point. My freeze date moved back 3 days today which, last time, meant a ETA delay sometime soon. I suppose these two statuses could exist and are not exclusive but just seems like MyPorsche shows progress with TYD showing delays.

samueldave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Given the fact that the communication from Porsche has been bad, and that’s not the fault of the dealers necessarily, I am pleased to say that for me the wait is over. My car arrived at the dealer yesterday and yeah it was a surprise for them and the only missing item is the spare key which requires components so no drama there.
Originally planned for a July delivery and it’s here in September, so given the state of things hopefully a 2 month delay is a yardstick to go gambit for everyone waiting.
Got the dealer video if anyone’s interested otherwise, thanks for all the input and sharing of info you guys have given along the journey. ??

Braveheart

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S on order, Cayenne, Audi Q3 Sportback, Mazda MX5/Miata
Country flag
Given the fact that the communication from Porsche has been bad, and that’s not the fault of the dealers necessarily, I am pleased to say that for me the wait is over. My car arrived at the dealer yesterday and yeah it was a surprise for them and the only missing item is the spare key which requires components so no drama there.
Originally planned for a July delivery and it’s here in September, so given the state of things hopefully a 2 month delay is a yardstick to go gambit for everyone waiting.
Got the dealer video if anyone’s interested otherwise, thanks for all the input and sharing of info you guys have given along the journey. ??

Congratulations on your new arrival
Your experience mirrors mine exactly
2 month delay but only missing the second key with power seats, electric steering column, passenger screen and all the other chip related bits and bobs on the car as expected
Enjoy the weekend exploring the capabilities of your new car

Bill4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo ; CT4S ordered
Country flag
Enjoy !!!!

samueldave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Congrats & enjoy !!! :like:
I'm picking mine at the afternoon. :champagne:
Wow! Very pleased for you. It's nice to know that the these are starting to come through.

I'm sure it will be well awesome. Looking forward to seeing some real world pictures of these. ?

ChrisM

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 4S, Polestar 2
Country flag
Wow! Very pleased for you. It's nice to know that the these are starting to come through.

I'm sure it will be well awesome. Looking forward to seeing some real world pictures of these. ?
Dave - enjoy it. I have a similar production profile to yours and mine is ready to be collected at the dealers early next week (minus the spare key). Hopefully, will be a great week - new 4S and Europe win in The Ryder Cup (apologies to our American forum friends !!).

TayFan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi A7, Mercedes ML350
Country flag
Fantastic! How exciting! Enjoy! ?

samueldave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Dave - enjoy it. I have a similar production profile to yours and mine is ready to be collected at the dealers early next week (minus the spare key). Hopefully, will be a great week - new 4S and Europe win in The Ryder Cup (apologies to our American forum friends !!).
Glad to hear it.

I’m sure it’e going to be a good week next week!

now off to get an insurance quote. ??
Sponsored