Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date?

ChrisM

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 4S, Polestar 2
Country flag
OMG. That’s cheap. Who was that with?

I’m picking my Turbo up on Wednesday seen it already, so am getting excited now. I can’t imagine it will be much more than the 4S?

mines PCP but again shouldn’t make any difference.
Dave - it was with ALA (with the 25% discount). It's for £50k (max it offered) of Contract Hire GAP cover. Maybe your premium is higher as a Turbo and, therefore, is the cover more than £50k ?

I feel a bit like a kid on Xmas Eve (or more accurately 23rd Dec) as picking it up on Thurs from Aberdeen and then got a 400mile drive home (via an overnight stop in Edinburgh). In 10 days time, I am then doing a week long road trip seeing clients around Southern England so will probably rack up another 1,000 miles then - hopefully, I will be totally smitten by the car by that stage.
Enjoy your wonderful Wednesday - less than 24hrs to go to Taycan time...........................
Sponsored

samueldave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Audi Q3, Range R Sport, Mini Cooper
Country flag
Dave - it was with ALA (with the 25% discount). It's for £50k (max it offered) of Contract Hire GAP cover. Maybe your premium is higher as a Turbo and, therefore, is the cover more than £50k ?

I feel a bit like a kid on Xmas Eve (or more accurately 23rd Dec) as picking it up on Thurs from Aberdeen and then got a 400mile drive home (via an overnight stop in Edinburgh). In 10 days time, I am then doing a week long road trip seeing clients around Southern England so will probably rack up another 1,000 miles then - hopefully, I will be totally smitten by the car by that stage.
Enjoy your wonderful Wednesday - less than 24hrs to go to Taycan time...........................
> less than 24hrs to go to Taycan time...........................

Oh yess.... Yeah mine was coming out at £600 ash, which I guess is still half of what Porsche charge.

Jeez, that's some drive to get to grips with everything. I'll be lucky if I cover 100 miles in that time!

Let me know how you get on charging etc... Be good to know.

Hoping to do a trip to Scotland later in the year!

ChrisM

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 4S, Polestar 2
Country flag
> less than 24hrs to go to Taycan time...........................

Oh yess.... Yeah mine was coming out at £600 ash, which I guess is still half of what Porsche charge.

Jeez, that's some drive to get to grips with everything. I'll be lucky if I cover 100 miles in that time!

Let me know how you get on charging etc... Be good to know.

Hoping to do a trip to Scotland later in the year!
I am working on the basis that range anxiety like Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and Porsche producing cars on time is a myth....................
I have already got into the EV mindset - got 5 different hotels booked over the next 2 weeks and my main search criteria was "do you have a charging station ?".

f10tt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan, 2022 Cayenne, 2021 Bronco
Country flag
Attached is the latest VW export schedule for North America - for any of you fortunate enough to be waiting on a ship....
My car just got to Emden this am. Hopeful it'll be on the Conductor and not waiting for the Aristotle. Thanks for this!

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
Well a little progress. Dealer claimed they would not release the car from the port with out the TPM. Guess what, the car was delivered to the dealer with no TPM. I am sure sitting 37 days in the port and cars coming in all the time, the port was getting too full. Claims a week, but who knows.

Damn air suspension is on high! Driving me crazy. Did not realize they used Goodyear's. Anyone know which Goodyear they come with on 21's? I Cannot read it in the pic.

Porsche Taycan Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date? Taycan1.JPEG

DGT

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 Targa 4S, '21 Cayenne S, '21 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Well a little progress. Dealer claimed they would not release the car from the port with out the TPM. Guess what, the car was delivered to the dealer with no TPM. I am sure sitting 37 days in the port and cars coming in all the time, the port was getting too full. Claims a week, but who knows.

Damn air suspension is on high! Driving me crazy. Did not realize they used Goodyear's. Anyone know which Goodyear they come with on 21's? I Cannot read it in the pic.

Taycan1.JPEG
Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3. Same Goodyears they use on 911s (along with the Pirelli P Zero).

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3. Same Goodyears they use on 911s (along with the Pirelli P Zero).
Guess I need to read up on them. For some reason I thought they used Continental's and Pirelli.

Reactions: B61

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
enlarge picture and you’ll see EAGLE on front tire (at 3 o’clock)

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That’s shipping mode. Normally not disabled until PDI at the dealership.
He mentioned they had not done the PDI yet. Luckily they will send the car to the PPF and Tint guy so I can get that done while waiting on the TPM.

daned

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan Mercedes AMG GTS Edition 1
Country flag
Just checked my TYD today and was surprised to see my 2022 RWD which went in to production on 9/17 showing completed production today 9/23 and transport 9/23 even though estimates for both were 10/01. Wonder when it will update next but seems things are moving fast fingers crossed.

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
Just checked my TYD today and was surprised to see my 2022 RWD which went in to production on 9/17 showing completed production today 9/23 and transport 9/23 even though estimates for both were 10/01. Wonder when it will update next but seems things are moving fast fingers crossed.

That's been my experience. Just about everything after the freeze date earlier this month is a few days ahead of schedule. I hope it stays that way, and more importantly, it doesn't have to sit on a port waiting for parts.
Sponsored