Taycan - What options/spec? (£87K budget)

OP
OP
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordering a Taycan
Country flag
Air Sus is standard worldwide on ALL 4WD Taycans
I would turn the window trim and badge black.
Sets off Stromtrooper perfect look with Solid white and Red Callipers!
Silver Chrome trim and badges doesn’t look right on white !
Thanks Ross.

I think this version is RWD, it's a little hard to tell as the lease configuration tool is not as good as the actual Porsche one.
Sponsored

OP
OP
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordering a Taycan
Country flag
Okay, just realised that the 4S is AWD and has the air suspension as standard :)

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
If it’s a 4S it’s 4WD
All the advice about Coils and Springs VS Air Sus was related to the 2WD Base Taycan debate.
Someone might correct me here but I am sure that every single Porsche that has ever been made that has a 4 on the back is 4WD.
Others models are 4WD too such as Turbo or Turbo S or GTS in the Taycan range. That is more confusing.
But a simple Porsche rule is anything with a 4 on the back, any model, it is 4WD 👍

OP
OP
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordering a Taycan
Country flag
Air Sus is standard worldwide on ALL 4WD Taycans
I would turn the window trim and badge black.
Sets off Stromtrooper perfect look with Solid white and Red Callipers!
Silver Chrome trim and badges doesn’t look right on white !
Do you happen to know what the Porsche option name is for changing the trim and badge?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi Folks,

Thank you so much for your input and advice.

I think I have settled on the 4S based on the recent comments.

So for this model of 4S, I have selected the following options.

PORSCHE TAYCAN SALOON 420KW 4S 93KWH 4DR AUTO [5 SEAT] 23

1652893600730.png

What suspension type and setup comes with this model of 4S as I couldn't see an air suspension option anywhere?
Air is standard hence why it is not listed as an option.

To see the standard spec go to the configurator and scroll to the bottom of the page and click 'Standard Features' to see what you get for your dosh.

I would suggest adding black brushed aluminium door tread plates (£0) otherwise they are silver and look odd given everything else is black down there.

Public Mode 3 charging cable (needed for untethered AC public chargers and wise to carry one just in case). Can source a non-Porsche one which likely is cheaper.

Only compromise really are the 360 pano cameras (saves kerbing the wheels for example) and the pano roof (dark inside due to the small windows but some people just prefer the tin roof as a design feature but note you can't add a roof rack without the pano roof (only option then is suction)).

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
If it’s a 4S it’s 4WD
All the advice about Coils and Springs VS Air Sus was related to the 2WD Base Taycan debate.
Someone might correct me here but I am sure that every single Porsche that has ever been made that has a 4 on the back is 4WD.
Others models are 4WD too such as Turbo or Turbo S or GTS in the Taycan range. That is more confusing.
But a simple Porsche rule is anything with a 4 on the back, any model, it is 4WD 👍
EXCEPTION
Cayman GT4!
There may be others….?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
If it’s a 4S it’s 4WD
Base models are RWD, anything with a '4' is AWD (not 4 wheel drive, there is a difference) and in the case of the Taycan the GTS, Turbo and Turbo S variants are AWD.

On other models 911 - generally a '4' denotes AWD (Turbo, Turbo S as per Taycan but GTS is available in RWD or AWD) GT3, GT2 RWD.

All Macans and Cayennes are AWD (no mention of '4' anywhere).

Panamera same story in general.

Boxsters / Caymans all RWD

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
Air is standard hence why it is not listed as an option.

To see the standard spec go to the configurator and scroll to the bottom of the page and click 'Standard Features' to see what you get for your dosh.

I would suggest adding black brushed aluminium door tread plates (£0) otherwise they are silver and look odd given everything else is black down there.

Public Mode 3 charging cable (needed for untethered AC public chargers and wise to carry one just in case). Can source a non-Porsche one which likely is cheaper.

Only compromise really are the 360 pano cameras (saves kerbing the wheels for example) and the pano roof (dark inside due to the small windows but some people just prefer the tin roof as a design feature but note you can't add a roof rack without the pano roof (only option then is suction)).
Good advice.
I think Porsche have generously thrown in the charging cable AND tyre sealant for the 2023 MY from what I have read here, slightly offsetting the £1000 price rise.

OP
OP
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordering a Taycan
Country flag
Thanks again folks, all really helpful, I'll post my final spec shortly.

Anyone have any idea what the 22KW means in the below selection?

Porsche Taycan Taycan - What options/spec? (£87K budget) 1652912158136

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
Order submitted!

1652920386819.png
Excellent choices my friend - Perfect Disney/Marvel/Lucasfilm mash up
Tony Stark driving a Stormtrooper

I still wouldn't bother with Privacy (Dark enough in back especially without Pan roof), Bose or Steer+ if your fleet manager at work starts harassing you for going over budget but its a very good, very sensible spec

Hope you get one inside 2 years!

OP
OP
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordering a Taycan
Country flag
Excellent choices my friend - Perfect Disney/Marvel/Lucasfilm mash up
Tony Stark driving a Stormtrooper

I still wouldn't bother with Privacy (Dark enough in back especially without Pan roof), Bose or Steer+ if your fleet manager at work starts harassing you for going over budget but its a very good, very sensible spec

Hope you get one inside 2 years!
Thanks Ross, and thank you for your help, I am excited but I expect a long wait.

In the mean time, I have just bought a brand new Toyota Supra 3.0 Pro, to keep me occupied!
Sponsored