Taycan Wheel Spacers - 15mm front / 10mm rear

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
I'm taking it you're of a certain elderly age, and that's ok. Old guys usually have that "it's different and I'm scared" mentality. Good day to you, sir. I also have my current Porsche's ECU flashed as I never tend to "settle" for anything. I suppose at your point in life, it's nice to just let things be...but, while I still have the energy to work on my cars and tailor them to how I want them...I'll do it. Funny that my argument is to "do what you want to your car" and yours is quite authoritarian. Have fun with that.
You are making a lot of (incorrect) assumptions which define you, unfortunately.
I'm ok with that, not my problem.
Still, you didn't have one single valid comeback on my technical statements.
But like you said, have fun with that.
Fully agree on that one.

Btw, are you visiting Lemans this weekend?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Persuader

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s, Range Rover Sport, Jaguar F-Type, Renault Kangoo
Country flag
Just to give a balanced opinion on this I will give mine.
I have been using spacers up (5-15mm) for over 30 years on various vehicles including most Porsche & Audi RS models and used the vehicles for road and track. I have never had a problem with them and yes I have done it purely for aesthetic reasons.
In fact my brand new Cayenne Turbo I had was speced with optional 5mm spacers all round (which was nothing to do with wheel width) and was a listed option purely for aesthetics. I still have the brochure that lists the option.
If you look on the serious 911 & Audi RS forums you will find long discussions on the best width spacers for particular models in order to give the best appearance.
Using wheel spacers gives the same effect as using wheels with a lower offset and many very pricy experienced wheel manufacturers offer aftermarket forged wheels with a lower offset for upmarket cars.
Also part of the reason most cars look like their wheels are "punched" in to much is because some European countries have legislation that states that there has to be room for snow chains to be fitted around the wheels for winter emergencies.
Most negative posts from people about wheel spacers are from theorists who have never had them. I have yet to hear of anyone having problems from using correctly fitted and sized quality spacers.

Last edited:

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Just to give a balanced opinion on this I will give mine.
I have been using spacers up (5-15mm) for over 30 years on various vehicles including most Porsche & Audi RS models and used the vehicles for road and track. I have never had a problem with them and yes I have done it purely for aesthetic reasons.
In fact my brand new Cayenne Turbo I had was speced with optional 5mm spacers all round (which was nothing to do with wheel width) and was a listed option purely for aesthetics. I still have the brochure that lists the option.
If you look on the serious 911 & Audi RS forums you will find long discussions on the best width spacers for particular models in order to give the best appearance.
Using wheel spacers gives the same effect as using wheels with a lower offset and many very pricy experienced wheel manufacturers offer aftermarket forged wheels with a lower offset for upmarket cars.
Also part of the reason most cars look like their wheels are "punched" in to much is because a lot of European countries have legislation that states that there has to be room for snow chains to be fitted around the wheels for winter emergencies.
Most negative posts from people about wheel spacers are from theorists who have never had them. I have yet to hear of anyone having problems from using correctly fitted and sized quality spacers.
For snow chains?
That is total bs, c'mon.
It's commonly known that wheels should fit in the fenders and not sticking out, that's the only (legal) reason.

I'm not a theorist, I'm an engineer by trade.
You can do whatever you like with your car, not my problem.
I'm not giving an opinion here, I'm giving a technical view on things.
I've had spacers too and it looks better, no argument there but technically they add more stress on the bearings, that's all I'm saying.
So if you are saying that your opinion is balanced, it's not, it's subjective.
Mine is objective, it's a technical fact.
But we agree it looks better, how 'bout that? :)

Last edited:

Persuader

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s, Range Rover Sport, Jaguar F-Type, Renault Kangoo
Country flag
For snow chains?
That is total bs, c'mon.
It's commonly known that wheels should fit in the fenders and not sticking out, that's the only (legal) reason.

I'm not a theorist, I'm an engineer by trade.
You can do whatever you like with your car, not my problem.
I'm not giving an opinion here, I'm giving a technical view on things.
I've had spacers too and it looks better, no argument there but technically they add more stress on the bearings, that's all I'm saying.
So if you are saying that your opinion is balanced, it's not, it's subjective.
Mine is objective, it's a technical fact.
But we agree it looks better, how 'bout that? :)
Your tone is strong with anyone who disagrees with your "technical view" , as also evidenced by your reply to previous posters. I know what you are saying but disagree about any meaningful extra stress on bearing etc with sub 15mm spacers and have 30+ years experience of no problems.

Porsche Taycan Taycan Wheel Spacers - 15mm front / 10mm rear Screenshot_20200916-205628

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Your tone is strong with anyone who disagrees with your "technical view" , as also evidenced by your reply to previous posters. I know what you are saying but disagree about any meaningful extra stress on bearing etc with sub 15mm spacers and have 30+ years experience of no problems.

Screenshot_20200916-205628.jpg
Well, it seems you also don't know why Porsche offers oem wheel spacers or you just don't want to read it, I don't know.
Please read back why.
I'm sorry if my replies offset you (pun intended). :)
I apologise for my strong tone (not for my statements though).
I'm sorry Peter and Raek.
I think this discussion isn't going anywhere anymore.
I said what I had to say, so did you, we're flying in circles here now.
I'm out.

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Well, it seems you also don't know why Porsche offers oem wheel spacers or you just don't want to read it, I don't know.
Please read back why.
I'm sorry if my replies offset you (pun intended). :)
I apologise for my strong tone (not for my statements though).
I'm sorry Peter and Raek.
I think this discussion isn't going anywhere anymore.
I said what I had to say, so did you, we're flying in circles here now.
I'm out.
I love forums. Very entertaining! So Dee, what’s your real thoughts on spacers! Lol

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
I love forums. Very entertaining! So Dee, what’s your real thoughts on spacers! Lol
Well, never start a discussion with someone who has a nick "Persuader"...
Guys lighten up, it's just a spacer.
The Taycan is a great car and if you think wheel spacers make it look even better, just go ahead! :)

jxobrien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Taycan Turbo S, '19 GT3, '95 911,'17 Macan GTS,
Country flag
Update:

I ended up passing on the spacers. But here are 2 pics showing what they look like installed. On the split photo the right side shows the rims with spacers installed and left side is stock. So I just did the window tinting and PPF (Suntek Ultra).
@HelfFL - hi, what was brand/model spacers that your shop put on?

OP
OP
HelfFL

HelfFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
@HelfFL - hi, what was brand/model spacers that your shop put on?
I actually didn't end up having them put on but they were ECS Tuning spacers. Installer called them "billet hub centric machined". Was going to charge $300 for spacers and installation but I passed and put the money towards ceramic coating instead.

jxobrien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Taycan Turbo S, '19 GT3, '95 911,'17 Macan GTS,
Country flag
I actually didn't end up having them put on but they were ECS Tuning spacers. Installer called them "billet hub centric machined". Was going to charge $300 for spacers and installation but I passed and put the money towards ceramic coating instead.
great, thanks for the info. For once in my life, I bought a car that already has PPF and ceramic coating so, after seeing your post and how @Dee transformed his car, I'm going to try 10mm spacers and a bit of lowering.

OP
OP
HelfFL

HelfFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
great, thanks for the info. For once in my life, I bought a car that already has PPF and ceramic coating so, after seeing your post and how @Dee transformed his car, I'm going to try 10mm spacers and a bit of lowering.
Can’t wait to see your results. I was thinking about lowering too so looking forward to seeing yours. Please post some before and after pics of yours as well.

Lowpue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 912, 1995 911, 2000 911, 2001 Boxster, 2002 911 4S, 2014 TurboS, 2015 Huracan, TTS ordered
Country flag
I have a simple rule....
On Porsches I have had that don't have rear wheel steering I use spacers. On cars with centerlock or four wheel steering I dont. So my Turbo S will not have spacers....My concern is the geometry becomes non idea.

DennisB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
You don't always get problems by adding spacers, but they most definitely put more stress on the hubs and therfore the bearings.

I also put them on several of my cars. I have them on my wifes car right now a BMW X5 with really wide rims. I think 325 21 is the tire size. No problems there. I also had them maybe 10 years ago on a BMW coupe, but the bearings wore out with pretty low mileages.

murphy12345

First Name
Carol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT
Country flag
I looked on ECS tuning and don't see spacers for Taycan. Does anyone know if the bolt pattern for Taycan is the same as 911, Cayenne or Panamera and that's the spacers they're using for the Taycan?
Sponsored