vhdeanda

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne Turbo
Country flag
hey guys finishing my Taycan 4S configuration in chalk with sport design kit and would greatly appreciate your thoughts about my wheel options. not that many real world references to guide myself by, not even of the OEM options.
  1. Porsche Mission E in Satin Platinum
  2. Porsche Exclusive Design in Jet Black Metallic
  3. Vossen EVO 2 in Gunmetal Matte
  4. Vossen S21-01 in Gunmetal Matte

Porsche Taycan Taycan Wheels: Mission E vs Exclusive Design vs Vossen EVO2 vs Vossen S21-01 taycan evo2

Porsche Taycan Taycan Wheels: Mission E vs Exclusive Design vs Vossen EVO2 vs Vossen S21-01 taycan

Porsche Taycan Taycan Wheels: Mission E vs Exclusive Design vs Vossen EVO2 vs Vossen S21-01 exclusive design

Porsche Taycan Taycan Wheels: Mission E vs Exclusive Design vs Vossen EVO2 vs Vossen S21-01 mission

Chowster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4S
Country flag
In this colour combo, photo 1 or 3. I would prefer Mission E with paint to match outers, but I see you're going for a more muted aggressive look.

Yves_0016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S Performance Plus
Country flag
Normally I don’t like the Mission E wheels. But in this satin colour and this combo it looks awesome! Photo 4!! Then 3, then 2 and last 1.

OP
OP
vhdeanda

vhdeanda

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne Turbo
Country flag
In this colour combo, photo 1 or 3. I would prefer Mission E with paint to match outers, but I see you're going for a more muted aggressive look.
Yes exactly, I am looking for the sportiest look possible. With #3 the Airblades (exclusive design) I am worried it looks good in the configurator but in real life it covers up to much of the brakes/caliper and doesn't have that much of a depth. I get it is because of aerodynamics and range, but getting a couple of miles more range is not one of my concerns.

OP
OP
vhdeanda

vhdeanda

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne Turbo
Country flag
Normally I don’t like the Mission E wheels. But in this satin colour and this combo it looks awesome! Photo 4!! Then 3, then 2 and last 1.
Me neither, dont really like the standard mission E, but love it in this satin platinum combo with the chalk exterior. But it is the more expensive of the options ($10,000) as they make you upgrade the brake setup to PSCB in a car that doesn't even use its brakes and can't get color on them (only white and black) unless you go ceramic which looks amazing but increases the wheel setup to $15k which might be too much

Porsche Taycan Taycan Wheels: Mission E vs Exclusive Design vs Vossen EVO2 vs Vossen S21-01 iris-3

Yves_0016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S Performance Plus
Country flag
Me neither, dont really like the standard mission E, but love it in this satin platinum combo with the chalk exterior. But it is the more expensive of the options ($10,000) as they make you upgrade the brake setup to PSCB in a car that doesn't even use its brakes and can't get color on them (only white and black) unless you go ceramic which looks amazing but increases the wheel setup to $15k which might be too much

iris-3.jpeg
Owwch! Indeed, I see it now. You need the rims, the brake upgrade and the colour. 10K I would not do, you can get fantastic OEM or aftermarket solutions for far less.

OP
OP
vhdeanda

vhdeanda

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne Turbo
Country flag
maybe I can get my dealer to paint them
Owwch! Indeed, I see it now. You need the rims, the brake upgrade and the colour. 10K I would not do, you can get fantastic OEM or aftermarket solutions for far less.
Yes, and the PSCBs are not even larger than standard brakes, you would have to go ceramic for that. Configurator still shows the 10 piston 2020 but 2021 PSCB option is 6 piston nearly identical in size to standard brakes which makes me doubt why they make you do the upgrade if visually it will be the same.

Chowster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4S
Country flag
maybe I can get my dealer to paint them

Yes, and the PSCBs are not even larger than standard brakes, you would have to go ceramic for that. Configurator still shows the 10 piston 2020 but 2021 PSCB option is 6 piston nearly identical in size to standard brakes which makes me doubt why they make you do the upgrade if visually it will be the same.
DIdn't know about the smaller PSCBs for MY2021. They are absolutely huge on 2020 cars and look amazing.

In that case, I'll change my vote to photo 1! Take the standard brakes in red, and spend the money on the wheels.

galaxyclass

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Tesla M3LR, RAM 1500 2019, MB SLK 200
Country flag
Don‘t know the wheels‘ mass/weight by heart. The Vossen S21 should come with a lower mass. I have read some reports about scratches and little damages to the Mission E caused by road dirt. But both sarin Mission E and S21 look great.

JME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
hey guys finishing my Taycan 4S configuration in chalk with sport design kit and would greatly appreciate your thoughts about my wheel options. not that many real world references to guide myself by, not even of the OEM options.
  1. Porsche Mission E in Satin Platinum
  2. Porsche Exclusive Design in Jet Black Metallic
  3. Vossen EVO 2 in Gunmetal Matte
  4. Vossen S21-01 in Gunmetal Matte

taycan evo2.jpeg

taycan.jpeg

exclusive design.jpeg

mission e.jpeg

I have it as below?
Porsche Taycan Taycan Wheels: Mission E vs Exclusive Design vs Vossen EVO2 vs Vossen S21-01 88410E7E-0714-4E58-B9EF-BE935FCCAF9D

OP
OP
vhdeanda

vhdeanda

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne Turbo
Country flag
NICE man, looks incredible. Chalk + Mision E Satin Platinum??? would be the first one I've seen delivered. How do you like them?

satin platinum looks a bit lighter in tone and shinier than in the configurator, I was thinking just a bit darker and more matte.

JME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’m very happy! Indeed Chalk, mission E satin platinum. I found the wheels the most complicated, and always tricky just only having a view in the configurator, but I love the result!

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Just go with the cheapest wheels possible in the configurator cuz you'll change them anyway.
If you like the Mission E wheels just buy them separately (around €4K) cuz you can't order them without upgrading the brakes (ridiculous, right?).
Paint them in the color you like.
I think the Mission E wheels look absolutely great in this pic (gun metal would be even better!).
Second is the Vossen EVO2! Superb!
All the others: meh...

Last edited:

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Mission E satin/chalk/platinum. Looks incredible with that caliper cover. Nicest chalk I've seen.

OP
OP
vhdeanda

vhdeanda

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne Turbo
Country flag
Just go with the cheapest wheels possible in the configurator cuz you'll change them anyway.
If you like the Mission E wheels just buy them separately (around €4K) cuz you can't order them without upgrading the brakes (ridiculous, right?).
Paint them in the color you like.
I think the Mission E wheels look absolutely great in this pic (gun metal would be even better!).
Second is the Vossen EVO2! Superb!
All the others: meh...
yes, I think I am definitely between mission e and the Evo2, definitely would go with Mission E if they didn't make me spend an extra $5k on brakes in a color I don't even want.
Sponsored