Rcrewse7

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2013 G550, 2016 Metris
Country flag
While I thoroughly enjoy being one of the few Taycans in my nook of the East Valley of Phoenix (Gilbert), it would be cool to get together with some fellow Taycan owners…perhaps do a fun drive with some twisties out to Canyon Lake or similar.

Who’s from AZ?
Sponsored

Wrtflyr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’m new to the Taycan and live out west in Litchfield Park. I’m up for a drive and begin to over come my range anxiety with tagging along with more seasoned EV owners! My 4S is getting PPF on the front half and window tint this weekend, after that that I’ll be ready!

OP
OP
Rcrewse7

Rcrewse7

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’m new to the Taycan and live out west in Litchfield Park. I’m up for a drive and begin to over come my range anxiety with tagging along with more seasoned EV owners! My 4S is getting PPF on the front half and window tint this weekend, after that that I’ll be ready!
Congrats on the new ride! I’m new too with only two and a half months into ownership of my 4S.

PPF is a must here in AZ IMO. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve had rocks kicked up on me cruising down the I-10 to visit my brother in Surprise. Already paid for itself in avoided damage no doubt.

OP
OP
Rcrewse7

Rcrewse7

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Looks like just us two so far. Because of the frequency illusion, it seems that I see more Taycans now, although I believe there are only 3 others here in Gilbert that I see somewhat regularly. How many sightings out in the West side?

Hopefully we can get a couple more folks to chime in for a get together.

Making a quick run up to Flagstaff tomorrow to hike Humphrey’s Peak. Will report back how the battery percentage does.

Wrtflyr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I think I’m the only West Sider so far! I haven’t seen any other Taycan’s anywhere. I tried my first Charge at Electrify America at a Walmart on West Camelback and the 101 and it worked great! I’m sure we will start seeing more as the word gets out how cool the Taycan really is! I did get the 4S front end protected with SunTek Reaction PPF and the rest Graphene Ceramic coated and I think she looks awesome. I feel a little better about taking her on the highway now!

Porsche Taycan Taycans in AZ - Group Drive C15A452E-E36C-46EC-A4D7-6504FE741BE8

User name

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT
Country flag
Picking my 4CT on Friday. Looking forward to learn everything I can about the Taycan. If anyone wants to do a group trip, that would be great.

OP
OP
Rcrewse7

Rcrewse7

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Picking my 4CT on Friday. Looking forward to learn everything I can about the Taycan. If anyone wants to do a group trip, that would be great.
Congrats on the 4CT today! I have yet to see one in person, but am sure it will bring a big smile to your face for many days to come.

It looks like there are now 3 of us in AZ willing to meet up for a group drive. Would be nice to see if we can get a 4th. Regardless, I’ll start eyeing some route options soon.

User name

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT
Country flag
Congrats on the 4CT today! I have yet to see one in person, but am sure it will bring a big smile to your face for many days to come.

It looks like there are now 3 of us in AZ willing to meet up for a group drive. Would be nice to see if we can get a 4th. Regardless, I’ll start eyeing some route options soon.
Thank you. Mine is mahogany. Is my very first Porsche, and I have to say, is everything I hoped it would be and more. Hopefully more Taycan owner will reach out so we can go on a trip or at least "Cars and coffee" would be nice.

OP
OP
Rcrewse7

Rcrewse7

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Tempe here. Meetup for coffee would be a good start.
Great idea. I sent a PM to everyone in the thread to start coordinating.

If there are any other AZ Taycan owners lurking on the forum, chime in and we’ll bring you into the discussion.

faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan Turbo, '05 MINI Cooper S
Country flag
Great idea. I sent a PM to everyone in the thread to start coordinating.

If there are any other AZ Taycan owners lurking on the forum, chime in and we’ll bring you into the discussion.
I reside in Albuquerque, but enjoy visits to AZ (all the more so, now that I can take my Taycan Turbo on road trips).

If you wouldn't mind, PM me. I'll let you know next time we plan a trip out there.

?

Wrtflyr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Maybe we could choose a site near an EA charging station and see how all our Taycans do with plug and charge etc. We could then take a short drive for refreshments, take some pics and see how we all wound up with these awesome vehicles. The EA station near Az Mills mall or the EA station south of the 202 and I10 at the outlet mall look to have numerous places for refreshments. At least these two aren’t in a Walmart parking lot.

OP
OP
Rcrewse7

Rcrewse7

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I reside in Albuquerque, but enjoy visits to AZ (all the more so, now that I can take my Taycan Turbo on road trips).

If you wouldn't mind, PM me. I'll let you know next time we plan a trip out there.

?
Absolutely, PM sent.

Maybe we could choose a site near an EA charging station and see how all our Taycans do with plug and charge etc. We could then take a short drive for refreshments, take some pics and see how we all wound up with these awesome vehicles. The EA station near Az Mills mall or the EA station south of the 202 and I10 at the outlet mall look to have numerous places for refreshments. At least these two aren’t in a Walmart parking lot.
I hear you, I’m not always in the mood for Wal Mart while charging! I’d be up for meeting by a charger, with a preference for the new chargers near the outlets between the two as the AZ Mills chargers aren’t functioning as well lately. I’ve sampled several of the EA chargers here in the valley and am happy to share my charging experiences to date.

I also have a couple ideas mapped out for potential drives which involve plenty of twisties, and fall within our range/charging constraints. Definitely open to other ideas too!

Wrtflyr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’m not a fan of Walmart either, but that is the closest EA to me. Luckily there’s a Del Taco right there also and I like their nachos, but now in 2 months I’ve gained 10 lbs! So I am not so sure saving money on gas then spending it on nachos is a good deal! I never thought driving an EV would be so complicated and involve so many life changing decisions!
Porsche Taycan Taycans in AZ - Group Drive 1631485030812

HockeyDad

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I have a Cherry Metallic RWD Taycan in Scottsdale. Not a ton of free time but keep me in mind. Would be great to have a group that has collectively figured out some of the bugs and tricks.
Sponsored