OP

Terrance Sig

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT3, Bronco, Foxbody, 2002
Country flag
Plugged CHALKLT in for a charge and ran in to grab a drink. Came back and found this lovely turtle on my dash. Anyone seen it before? Do I win a prize? Need to be aware of a turtle herd?

Porsche Taycan Terrance’s Taycan GTS Sport Turismo Adventures [Delivered!] E78890F2-F20A-42E1-98A4-7DCAB778263B

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Plugged CHALKLT in for a charge and ran in to grab a drink. Came back and found this lovely turtle on my dash. Anyone seen it before? Do I win a prize? Need to be aware of a turtle herd?
Yep, it will go – probably before you finish charging if you keep it going until well after it has tapered off.

With the recent software level – Porsche seems to be allowing the battery charge faster for longer – and it sometimes causes it to get hot enough to trigger thermal limiting. The car's cooling system will soon bring the temp down and the turtle will go away.

But if you were to unplug while its showing and immediately drive off – you might find your top speed limited to 150 km/h for a short minute or two until battery cools.

It's not a problem.

OP
OP

Terrance Sig

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yep, it will go – probably before you finish charging if you keep it going until well after it has tapered off.

With the recent software level – Porsche seems to be allowing the battery charge faster for longer – and it sometimes causes it to get hot enough to trigger thermal limiting. The car's cooling system will soon bring the temp down and the turtle will go away.

But if you were to unplug while its showing and immediately drive off – you might find your top speed limited to 150 km/h for a short minute or two until battery cools.

It's not a problem.
Indeed you are correct. Went away after a few minutes. In this situation the car was parked at the airport for a few days. Temps were 38 degrees and I had only driven a short distance from the garage to the charging station. Sounds like there may be some cold weather aspect…

OP
OP

Terrance Sig

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Apparently the Cross Tourismo loves the California rain. Decided filming in the rain would be a cool visual

OP
OP

Terrance Sig

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
7500 miles in and its still love. Here are a few notable experiences
  • Charging is super fast. 80% battery achievable in 30-40 minutes. Electrify America chargers can be hit or miss. I cant really attribute it to the company completely as people also aren't treating the equipment as well as they should.
  • PSCB does a great job mitigating dust and operate quietly. Only had a short period of time around 3k miles where I had light noise.
  • Inerior materials are super well put together. Very rare I get any noise or rattles.
  • Bose sound system is a must. Pretty good base and highs for a stock sound system. The Brumester option is something I would like to hear too.
  • Some interior displays can be redundant. I have 4 places I can see the time at any given moment. Takes a bit of customization to really dial in the data you want to see. But I like that you have options to place it where you want.
  • Wet weather handling is ridiculous. Never felt this car get vague on me, even moving at 80mph in the rain.
  • Rear wheel steering is a must. I flip U-Turns just for shits and giggles now.
  • Car gets looks everywhere it goes. Still rare to see another Taycan and much less a Cross Tourismo.
Options I would have gotten?
  • Aluminum pedals
  • Thermally/noise insulated glass
Porsche Taycan Terrance’s Taycan GTS Sport Turismo Adventures [Delivered!] SV603 Taycan Mardi-Gras Shop Pics-03
Porsche Taycan Terrance’s Taycan GTS Sport Turismo Adventures [Delivered!] SV603 Taycan Mardi-Gras Shop Pics-06
Porsche Taycan Terrance’s Taycan GTS Sport Turismo Adventures [Delivered!] SV603 Taycan Mardi-Gras Shop Pics-08
Porsche Taycan Terrance’s Taycan GTS Sport Turismo Adventures [Delivered!] SV603 Taycan Mardi-Gras Shop Pics-07
Porsche Taycan Terrance’s Taycan GTS Sport Turismo Adventures [Delivered!] SV603 Taycan Mardi-Gras Shop Pics-23

Cowtownhusker

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan 4S CT, 2022 LR D110, 1989 LR D90
Country flag
7500 miles in and its still love. Here are a few notable experiences
  • Charging is super fast. 80% battery achievable in 30-40 minutes. Electrify America chargers can be hit or miss. I cant really attribute it to the company completely as people also aren't treating the equipment as well as they should.
  • PSCB does a great job mitigating dust and operate quietly. Only had a short period of time around 3k miles where I had light noise.
  • Inerior materials are super well put together. Very rare I get any noise or rattles.
  • Bose sound system is a must. Pretty good base and highs for a stock sound system. The Brumester option is something I would like to hear too.
  • Some interior displays can be redundant. I have 4 places I can see the time at any given moment. Takes a bit of customization to really dial in the data you want to see. But I like that you have options to place it where you want.
  • Wet weather handling is ridiculous. Never felt this car get vague on me, even moving at 80mph in the rain.
  • Rear wheel steering is a must. I flip U-Turns just for shits and giggles now.
  • Car gets looks everywhere it goes. Still rare to see another Taycan and much less a Cross Tourismo.
Options I would have gotten?
  • Aluminum pedals
  • Thermally/noise insulated glass
SV603 Taycan Mardi-Gras Shop Pics-03.jpg
SV603 Taycan Mardi-Gras Shop Pics-06.jpg
SV603 Taycan Mardi-Gras Shop Pics-08.jpg
SV603 Taycan Mardi-Gras Shop Pics-07.jpg
SV603 Taycan Mardi-Gras Shop Pics-23.jpg
I ordered my CT 4S with 20" wheels for sake of comfort/bad roads and will likely be reaching out for a second set for summer. I note your GTS has 20" wheels and they look great. Can you tell the difference between 21s and 20s regarding ride quality/potential for damage?

OP
OP

Terrance Sig

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I ordered my CT 4S with 20" wheels for sake of comfort/bad roads and will likely be reaching out for a second set for summer. I note your GTS has 20" wheels and they look great. Can you tell the difference between 21s and 20s regarding ride quality/potential for damage?
Awesome man.

20" is a little more plush on rough roads. 21" definitely has the larger visual appeal. Suspension on these is pretty well dampened and the customizable modes makes it a good driver on either setup.

Orwell

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Those wheels certainly stand out. I am curious about people’s experience with using 20s with higher profile rubber to generate the same, or larger, total diameter as 21s with stock low-profile rubber.

OP
OP

Terrance Sig

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Those wheels certainly stand out. I am curious about people’s experience with using 20s with higher profile rubber to generate the same, or larger, total diameter as 21s with stock low-profile rubber.
Thanks man. The added sidewall really results in a more compliant ride. Overall range is the same.
Sponsored