Buckets265

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CT4
Country flag
Great write up and explanation of the choice. I completely agree with picking a car that suites the intended purpose. This is the reason we went for the Taycan 4, and now saving/waiting for a more sports oriented car. You can choose options that suit other people in the family rather than just 1 person. My wife does not like being launched into space or a suspension so firm her back hurts. I enjoy those things, so we wait for a different purchase to cover those likes.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Terrance Sig

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT3, Bronco, Foxbody, 2002
Country flag
Great write up and explanation of the choice. I completely agree with picking a car that suites the intended purpose. This is the reason we went for the Taycan 4, and now saving/waiting for a more sports oriented car. You can choose options that suit other people in the family rather than just 1 person. My wife does not like being launched into space or a suspension so firm her back hurts. I enjoy those things, so we wait for a different purchase to cover those likes.
Often times selling the wife on the purchase is the key to success. What will be your more sports oriented car?

Buckets265

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CT4
Country flag
Often times selling the wife on the purchase is the key to success. What will be your more sports oriented car?
Possibly get back into a hot hatch. I previously had a WRX (fully built engine and other goodies), which I loved to push hard, but obviously the wife did not enjoy it. Other option could be the electric 718, but we shall see what comes of it.

sbarker108

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance; TS on order
Country flag
The Chalk one is home. Had an excellent time picking it up from the Porsche Experience Center in LA. Got caught by a wildfire on I-5 as I was heading over the Grapevine. Turned a 6 hour drive into 9. Massaging seats definitely saved the day. Looking forward to unpacking this car a bit and sharing more.

SV306S Taycan Tanzanite Blue-3.jpg
Are those wheels straight from the dealer? Brave choice.

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
Great writeup - how was the CT5-V Blackwing? I was tempted to get that instead of my Taycan RWD order, since I love the Chevy LS/LT engines (had an LS3 Camaro). But practicality won out and I decided I didn't need another V8 car that got less than 16mpg average. Also if I got the CT5-V it would've been a 6MT and I'd give up the adaptive cruise which I really want for a daily

OP
OP

Terrance Sig

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Great writeup - how was the CT5-V Blackwing? I was tempted to get that instead of my Taycan RWD order, since I love the Chevy LS/LT engines (had an LS3 Camaro). But practicality won out and I decided I didn't need another V8 car that got less than 16mpg average. Also if I got the CT5-V it would've been a 6MT and I'd give up the adaptive cruise which I really want for a daily
The Blackwing was a good car. It handled PHENOMENAL and felt a lot like my GT350R in a corner. The clutch was very vague, which took some getting used to. Interior quality and options were good though. Rear seat leather very impressionable.

If I was daily driving one I think the automatic would be ideal, but everyone wants that car in a manual. My GT3/GT500 really got me hooked on a DCT though. I would buy one again, but for sure it would need to have all the options I wanted. Most of the new ones cant get some of the cool stuff the initial cars had because of materials issues

OP
OP

Terrance Sig

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
unhooked the charger this morning and was pleased with the range I am seeing. CHALKLT is trying to sweet talk me into buying it something.....

Porsche Taycan Terrance’s Taycan GTS Sport Turismo Adventures [Delivered!] tempImagegCWjge

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
The Blackwing was a good car. It handled PHENOMENAL and felt a lot like my GT350R in a corner. The clutch was very vague, which took some getting used to. Interior quality and options were good though. Rear seat leather very impressionable.

If I was daily driving one I think the automatic would be ideal, but everyone wants that car in a manual. My GT3/GT500 really got me hooked on a DCT though. I would buy one again, but for sure it would need to have all the options I wanted. Most of the new ones cant get some of the cool stuff the initial cars had because of materials issues
Yeah the clutch was vague on my 1LE too - bite point was quite high. Maybe just a Tremec thing. Actual shift action was great though.

I'd be tempted to get the auto as well for daily, particularly if the later cars get supercruise. GM's system seems like the best particularly given I live in CA where almost all main roads are mapped

OP
OP

Terrance Sig

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That's clever. I may have to steal that so I can finally give my Chalk a name. Couldn't think of anything good after my last car, Teslarossa (Model S). :D
Haha, I am glad you like it man. This one came to me out of the blue one day and stuck.
Looks 100 times better with those wheels!
Much appreciated brother.
Yeah the clutch was vague on my 1LE too - bite point was quite high. Maybe just a Tremec thing. Actual shift action was great though.

I'd be tempted to get the auto as well for daily, particularly if the later cars get supercruise. GM's system seems like the best particularly given I live in CA where almost all main roads are mapped
Yeah, the driver assistance stuff is hard to ignore on a car you aren't racing often.

OP
OP

Terrance Sig

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Roughly 3300 miles in and the car continues to impress. Recently installed some lowering links and my OCD really made it quite the ordeal. I wanted to set each corner at the exact same height. But for some reason each corner was consistently slightly different. With the system in jacking mode it would be very close, then all thrown off once I took it out of jacking mode. It looks damn good slammed, but I plan to bite the bullet for the CETE module.

Porsche Taycan Terrance’s Taycan GTS Sport Turismo Adventures [Delivered!] SV306S Taycan Tanzanite Promenade-3
Porsche Taycan Terrance’s Taycan GTS Sport Turismo Adventures [Delivered!] SV306S Taycan Tanzanite Promenade-7
Porsche Taycan Terrance’s Taycan GTS Sport Turismo Adventures [Delivered!] SV306S Taycan Tanzanite Promenade-8

Also installed the Euro spec marker lights.

Porsche Taycan Terrance’s Taycan GTS Sport Turismo Adventures [Delivered!] SV306S Taycan Tanzanite Promenade-5

OP
OP

Terrance Sig

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Two of our Signature Wheel development cars made it out today. Every time the GT3 touches asphalt it rains. Whenever the Taycan hits the road, you cant hear a thing lol.
A bit of mixed company that draws mixed reactions. When I think about the utility of each platform they really sit on opposite ends of the spectrum. Taycan makes it hard not to appreciate where technology is going. The raw experience of the GT3 brings back all the emotions of where we have been. Everyone that sees them together seems to appreciate both.
Would you consider this the perfect pair for daily driving and performance? What car would you add to the mix to complete the holy trinity? Do you even need anything else?

Porsche Taycan Terrance’s Taycan GTS Sport Turismo Adventures [Delivered!] SV306 - SV503 Taycan & GT3-8
Porsche Taycan Terrance’s Taycan GTS Sport Turismo Adventures [Delivered!] SV306 - SV503 Taycan & GT3-6
Porsche Taycan Terrance’s Taycan GTS Sport Turismo Adventures [Delivered!] SV306 - SV503 Taycan & GT3-4
Porsche Taycan Terrance’s Taycan GTS Sport Turismo Adventures [Delivered!] SV306S Taycan Tanzanite -3
Porsche Taycan Terrance’s Taycan GTS Sport Turismo Adventures [Delivered!] SV503 992 GT3 Brushed Bronze Tinted-05

jkoya

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan CT4, 23 Mini Cooper SE on order
Country flag
I got to see Terrance's Cross Turismo in person about a week ago and the car is visually stunning in person with the lowered stance and the blue 5 spoke Signature Wheels - Very Nice !!!
Sponsored