First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Discovery Sport, Taycan Turbo, 911 Turbo cab
Country flag
Porsche Taycan Tesla charge for non Tesla. 1656922692724

I got a lot of interest from Tesla drivers but I was pleased how easy to use through the Tesla app, didn’t hit 250kwh but a steady 110 soon got me up to 60% charge.
Sponsored

Browning

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RangeRover D350 MHEV New Disco 300D MHEW Taycan4S
Country flag
Didn't know you could use Tesla for charging Taycan

Ambroos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (RWD)
Country flag
Didn't know you could use Tesla for charging Taycan
Only in some European (+ UK) countries where Tesla uses CCS and they've opened up the charger. Just gotta use the Tesla app to activate your charge. It'll be quite slow unless you have the 150kW/400V charger option.

YLA G

First Name
Yves
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Countryman, Tesla P3D - Order: Taycan ST
Country flag
For the ones that have interests. I suggest that you install this anyway because you never know when you are stranded.

Edit: Log in to tesla.com.
Create an account and check your profile and payment method etc is complete there.

You need to download the Tesla App (there is simply just 1) and log in with that new account.
Go in the app to your profile (the circle in the upper right).
You will see "charge your non Tesla", you will see all available chargers (not every Tesla chargers are open to other brands).
You need to look at the number of the charger and select it on the app. The numbering is mostly 1A-1B so they share the amount. So PLEASE always create a empty spot between a other driver just like you do in the toilet if possible!

ALSO: watch out with your long nose, lift up

Last edited:

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I charged at Folkstone Eurotunnel at departure. 130 kW power level. Worked really well and started to charge much faster than any Ionity chargers! Saved me one extra stop to reach Reims!

I do have the 150 kW charging option in the car

Porsche Taycan Tesla charge for non Tesla. 00B64EF0-C93A-4864-A8C4-AD81FDEFDFCC

Bill33525

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘24 Q8 ETron 55 SUV, '22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I hope Tesla opens up their SC network to non-Teslas here in the US. There are places where there are no CCS fast chargers but plenty of Tesla SC sites.

Porsche-Guru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, BMW 535, Taycan 4S
Country flag
1656922692724.jpeg

I got a lot of interest from Tesla drivers but I was pleased how easy to use through the Tesla app, didn’t hit 250kwh but a steady 110 soon got me up to 60% charge.
Quick question:
Do you have the 150kW DC-DC convertor charging add-on (Option Code KM2) in your Taycan?

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag
Worked really well and started to charge much faster than any Ionity chargers!
I think that's a major point that many people tend to overlook. Even compared to Plug&Charge, I've found myself spending significantly less time getting the charger to actually start charging with the Superchargers. Plug it in, start the app, select the charger and it then immediately starts charging. It literally takes seconds to do and has never failed me even once.

I argue that charging speed is practically irrelevant when you need to spend almost as much time getting the charger to work as you do actually charging.

pauloamore

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan C4SCT
Country flag
You both charged on the right hand side…. I was expecting to see you on the left. Doesn’t matter with the 150kw option?

Ambroos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (RWD)
Country flag
You both charged on the right hand side…. I was expecting to see you on the left. Doesn’t matter with the 150kw option?
RHD cars have CCS on the left, LHD cars have CCS on the right. Bill C (OP) was plugged in on the left, Scandinavian above with the French license plate has the CCS on the right.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
I charged at Folkstone Eurotunnel at departure. 130 kW power level. Worked really well and started to charge much faster than any Ionity chargers! Saved me one extra stop to reach Reims!

I do have the 150 kW charging option in the car

00B64EF0-C93A-4864-A8C4-AD81FDEFDFCC.jpeg
That was my experience too. Fasted connection was fastest then Tesla then Ionity. Although yesterday with plug and charge at Ionity it started after 15-20 seconds. Not that bad.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
RHD cars have CCS on the left, LHD cars have CCS on the right. Bill C (OP) was plugged in on the left, Scandinavian above with the French license plate has the CCS on the right.
Isn’t that strange because he report have 110 kw charge and charging right. Shouldn’t the right hand side in the UK be limited to 11 / 22 Kw (depending on the internal charger).

Edit. The Uk one is charging on the left. Wrong side so blocking a charger. Technically not allowed but probably nobody will mind with lots of free stalls. Or are the SuC reversed too in the UK?

proficient_mathematician

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
For the ones that have interests. I suggest that you install this anyway because you never know when you are stranded.

You need to download the Tesla App (there is simply just 1) and create an account.
Go in the app to your profile.
You will see "charge your non Tesla", you will see all available chargers (not every Tesla chargers are open to other brands).
You need to look at the number of the charger and select it on the app. The numbering is mostly 1A-1B so they share the amount. So PLEASE always create a empty spot between a other driver just like you do in the toilet if possible!

ALSO: watch out with your long nose, lift up
Mighty kind of you to offer advice and encouragement on using Tesla chargers seeing as you are a Tesla owner yourself. 👍 Not all Tesla drivers are enthusiastic about Tesla opening up the chargers to non-Tesla vehicles...
Sponsored