Tesla Model S crushes Taycan’s Nürburgring time

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Well, if there wasn't the invention of Li-ion batteries, there was no Tesla or Taycan either.
If we weren't obsessed with climate change and CO2 reduction (hello subsidy) we wouldn't even had EVs.
Sponsored

Last edited:

RickDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I do not see your logic there. Tesla has been a leader in EVs, was early in making nicer EVs, and has sold and gotten quite a few on the road. But they did not create the EV, not the technology. Nor have they really “revolutionized” anything.

Other car makers have had EV platforms longer, they just didn’t consider them ready for market (or market not ready for them). Now the tide has turned. But it has nothing to do with Tesla, much more with carbon emission and legistlation in Europe and other places in the world.

So this is a false statement made by Tesla fans.
Really, I never said they invented the EV, so you think VW is making EVs because they are altruistic? Read Tesla philosophy, it was about disrupting the automobile Industry and they did it, they even started to install superchargers when I got my first model S Vin 12000, imagine their vision, now VW is installing EA as a penalty for diselgate, and I know ElectrifyAmerica will be awesome because VW must compete with supercharger network, not because they are a cool corporation and the end EVs don’t make money in maintenance. all the automakers were laughing about Tesla and yes you and I are driving an electric Porsche because of Tesla. Your statement is typical of a Tesla hater.

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
Really, I never said they invented the EV, so you think VW is making EVs because they are altruistic? Read Tesla philosophy, it was about disrupting the automobile Industry and they did it, they even started to install superchargers when I got my first model S Vin 12000, imagine their vision, now VW is installing EA as a penalty for diselgate, and I know ElectrifyAmerica will be awesome because VW must compete with supercharger network, not because they are a cool corporation and the end EVs don’t make money in maintenance. all the automakers were laughing about Tesla and yes you and I are driving an electric Porsche because of Tesla. Your statement is typical of a Tesla hater.
Ah typical Tesla fanboy, if you don’t just fall over and swoon you are a hater. Then I really have issues my friend. I hate Teslas and I own one. I am very conflicted. I own a 3 digital VIN Tesla Roadster.

None of what you said above is Really correct. VW and no other car maker honestly cares about Tesla one whit. Tesla is not a competitor. They have not made EVs Because there was no real profitable market and they didn’t have to. Now they have to and they are doing it.

Tesla had to create the supercharger network because the US and at the time other places did not have an infrastructure nor were willing to invest. It was a bold and good move. But it also was obvious and was not the “inspiration” for anything. EVs need charging network, its pretty obvious.

I am driving an electric Porsche because Porsche now has to move its business to EVs in the next few years. Tesla has nothing to do with it. It has to do with European regulation. Teslas existence is an irrelevant blip in the climate change debate and EU regulations. Unless you can draw a line from Tesla to this please do not confuse repetition with argument.

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
I do not see your logic there. Tesla has been a leader in EVs, was early in making nicer EVs, and has sold and gotten quite a few on the road. But they did not create the EV, not the technology. Nor have they really “revolutionized” anything.

Other car makers have had EV platforms longer, they just didn’t consider them ready for market (or market not ready for them). Now the tide has turned. But it has nothing to do with Tesla, much more with carbon emission and legistlation in Europe and other places in the world.

So this is a false statement made by Tesla fans.
Same as Apple with the smartphone: they did not invent it but optimized what was already there, packaged it into an appealing design, and made the user experience easy and holistic. That is how you open up new product categories for mass success.

RickDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Ah typical Tesla fanboy, if you don’t just fall over and swoon you are a hater. Then I really have issues my friend. I hate Teslas and I own one. I am very conflicted. I own a 3 digital VIN Tesla Roadster.

None of what you said above is Really correct. VW and no other car maker honestly cares about Tesla one whit. Tesla is not a competitor. They have not made EVs Because there was no real profitable market and they didn’t have to. Now they have to and they are doing it.

Tesla had to create the supercharger network because the US and at the time other places did not have an infrastructure nor were willing to invest. It was a bold and good move. But it also was obvious and was not the “inspiration” for anything. EVs need charging network, its pretty obvious.

I am driving an electric Porsche because Porsche now has to move its business to EVs in the next few years. Tesla has nothing to do with it. It has to do with European regulation. Teslas existence is an irrelevant blip in the climate change debate and EU regulations. Unless you can draw a line from Tesla to this please do not confuse repetition with argument.
You are the typical example of intolerance individual unable to have a conversation outside your Facebook bubble, if you are in a forum just read it and move it on, otherwise again you can fid positive reaffirmation in Facebook for the crow that think exactly like you. For your knowledge VW board pushed the company toward electrification because they were afraid of a Motorola Apple like situation, and yes because the silicone valley car companies.

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
You are the typical example of intolerance individual unable to have a conversation outside your Facebook bubble, if you are in a forum just read it and move it on, otherwise again you can fid positive reaffirmation in Facebook for the crow that think exactly like you. For your knowledge VW board pushed the company toward electrification because they were afraid of a Motorola Apple like situation, and yes because the silicone valley car companies.
rick, my friend, this is called projection. Insults are not arguments. Prove your point with facts and logic please.

domin1720

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 macan gts
Country flag
When the Tesla and my Taycan are parked close to each other and I come outside people are not taking pictures of the Tesla. Tesla is a fantastic Sedan but the body styling makes it like every other nice sedan out on the market. Always reminds me of someone driving really quick to Petco for goldfish food. And all the aftermarket people throw on it reminds me of a D version of Fast and Furious only the kid driving is late for his shift at the car wash. Apples/Oranges

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
When the Tesla and my Taycan are parked close to each other and I come outside people are not taking pictures of the Tesla. Tesla is a fantastic Sedan but the body styling makes it like every other nice sedan out on the market. Always reminds me of someone driving really quick to Petco for goldfish food. And all the aftermarket people throw on it reminds me of a D version of Fast and Furious only the kid driving is late for his shift at the car wash. Apples/Oranges
people are not taking pics of a tesla because the model S is a 9 year old car, and not especially unique anymore, while the taycan is a new car with striking lines. almost every time I am with the car people comment on the car and some are even aware that is an EV

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Well, if there wasn't the invention of Li-ion batteries, there was no Tesla or Taycan either.
If we weren't obsessed with climate change and CO2 reduction (hello subsidy) we wouldn't even had EVs.
No, the real EV revolution started because China needed to get air pollution in all the mega-cities under control. Look at the long running success of BYD, and now NIO, XPENG, WM Motors, WULING, etc...

Porsche Taycan Tesla Model S crushes Taycan’s Nürburgring time 20210521_122237
Sponsored