ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have seen this rumor in several different web postings. I for one am very disappointed that any car magazine (esp Motor Trend) would be testing a prototype Tesla against the Taycan before we have a "clean" comparison with a Tesla Model S Raven 100D charged to 100%, in Ludicrous+, warmed for 20min, etc etc etc. But then do like 10 quarter mile runs and some to 150mph.

Unless these have been done and are not making it to the web? Well I know DragTimes wants to do it, though I don't really think Brooks is an unbiased as I would like.

InsideEV: Tesla Model S Plaid Versus Porsche Taycan: Matchup Expected Next Week
Sponsored

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Tesla will release a Model S that's faster than the Taycan at the strip, but that doesn't matter at all. All this focus on numbers is stupid, that's not why you buy a Porsche. You buy for the driving dynamics, and the ability to customize. Otherwise, there's always something faster for cheaper.

If we could confine Tesla posts to "Porsche Taycan Versus..." forum, so they can be easily avoided, it'd be great. Thank goodness the R8 forums weren't all about "this Mustang or Corvette is faster for half or a third the price" back in the day...

Friedrich

First Name
Friedrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future: 2020 Porsche Taycan, 2022 Tesla Y; Current: Boxster S, Acura MDX; Past: 66 VW Beetle, 82 Porsche SC Targa, 91 Acura NSX, 98 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2002 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2004 Porsche Cayenne S
Country flag
unless that Plaid version is a production model, the comparison is meaningless anyway

OP
OP
ron_b

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Tesla will release a Model S that's faster than the Taycan at the strip, but that doesn't matter at all. All this focus on numbers is stupid, that's not why you buy a Porsche. You buy for the driving dynamics, and the ability to customize. Otherwise, there's always something faster for cheaper.

If we could confine Tesla posts to "Porsche Taycan Versus..." forum, so they can be easily avoided, it'd be great. Thank goodness the R8 forums weren't all about "this Mustang or Corvette is faster for half or a third the price" back in the day...
@Tye could you please move this thread to Verses... Category per suggestion by @Miwa