First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
https://shop.tesla.com/product/j1772-wall-connector

For people pissed off at the slow PMC+ PMCC, this is potentially an alternative.

It does require hard wiring - you won't be able to just plug into your NEMA 14-50 - but you might also be able to put it on a 60 amp circuit to run at 48 amps giving you around 17% faster charging.
Sponsored

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
they also support shared load - you can run multiple chargers and network them to "share" a single breaker for the multi-EV household.

$550 they are a great EVSE.

Last edited:

jijitalia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD-ASTON DB9-DB11-CooperS-BM530e
Country flag
https://shop.tesla.com/product/j1772-wall-connector

For people pissed off at the slow PMC+ PMCC, this is potentially an alternative.

It does require hard wiring - you won't be able to just plug into your NEMA 14-50 - but you might also be able to put it on a 60 amp circuit to run at 48 amps giving you around 17% faster charging.
Have you already charged Taycan with it ? No mischarge?
I am worry that Porsche installed a system that will slow it down if not "genuinely porsche"

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Have you already charged Taycan with it ? No mischarge?
I am worry that Porsche installed a system that will slow it down if not "genuinely porsche"
It is just a standard item, following all the norms for charging an EV. Here in Europe the Tesla Wall connector works just like any other EVSE. No issues at all. And it can charge up to 22 kW on a 3 phase supply, if needed.

Great EVSE and I only use that nowadays. My PMCC is fine and works as well, but is packed away in its bag.

jijitalia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD-ASTON DB9-DB11-CooperS-BM530e
Country flag
It is just a standard item, following all the norms for charging an EV. Here in Europe the Tesla Wall connector works just like any other EVSE. No issues at all. And it can charge up to 22 kW on a 3 phase supply, if needed.

Great EVSE and I only use that nowadays. My PMCC is fine and works as well, but is packed away in its bag.
can you use the app as well?

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
can you use the app as well?
I can easily set timers, profiles and direct charging in the Porsche app. It is the car that controls the charging process so no problems. The Wall Connector only provides the power when charging.

I am not aware of any other app.

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I haven't researched this charger but can someone tell me if it has an associated app that provides for changing settings and remote monitoring? The settings can always be made in the car of course, but I'm curious.

Also, I like the idea of hardwiring and 48A current - 11.5KW whoo hoo!

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
I haven't researched this charger but can someone tell me if it has an associated app that provides for changing settings and remote monitoring? The settings can always be made in the car of course, but I'm curious.

Also, I like the idea of hardwiring and 48A current - 11.5KW whoo hoo!
nope it's just a simple EVSE - no app - but it does have Wifi to support shared load and configuration - but all monitoring/remote start/stop would be do via any vehicle support.

I like powersharing - explanation and configuration start on page #23
Sponsored

Attachments