OP
satchurator

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
Blip: Apparently this showed up briefly in the Tesla app then disappeared. They might be soft launching or A/B testing the app experience.

Deleted member 7736

Interesting. I just installed the Tesla app, and there was an icon to "Charge Your Non-Tesla". However, when I select this and search, apparently, there is one private location in Santa Monica with 12 destination chargers that's open to non-Teslas, and that's it for all of California. Will love to see this rolled out with non-Tesla access to the supercharger network eventually.

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
Interesting. I just installed the Tesla app, and there was an icon to "Charge Your Non-Tesla". However, when I select this and search, apparently, there is one private location in Santa Monica with 12 destination chargers that's open to non-Teslas, and that's it for all of California. Will love to see this rolled out with non-Tesla access to the supercharger network eventually.
A couple screenshots to go with above comments.
Porsche Taycan Tesla Supercharger US Membership Pricing for Non-Tesla Vehicles Announced at $0.99/month 95EC56F1-B808-4537-9CAA-C35FC2A47442

Porsche Taycan Tesla Supercharger US Membership Pricing for Non-Tesla Vehicles Announced at $0.99/month 2130AEB5-3656-44CF-A946-AA2387BDF592

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
this is all mostly uninteresting in North American until the physical access issue and it's solution is disclosed

is tesla?

a: going to add CCS connector cables to supercharger locations (they've done this in Europe with two cables at some supercharger stalls (use only one at a time)
b: provide/sell a CCS adapter?

the billing is an issue and that is solved via the Tesla app

but there is a physical plug issue that needs to be worked out…

I'll wait until we hear about that.

OP
OP
satchurator

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
this is all mostly uninteresting in North American until the physical access issue and it's solution is disclosed

is tesla?

a: going to add CCS connector cables to supercharger locations (they've done this in Europe with two cables at some supercharger stalls (use only one at a time)
b: provide/sell a CCS adapter?

the billing is an issue and that is solved via the Tesla app

but there is a physical plug issue that needs to be worked out…

I'll wait until we hear about that.
@daveo4EV That’s discussed in the article, also here. ‘Magic Dock’. Corny name but it’s a retrofit CCS adapter that attaches to the Supercharger.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Launching not launches. Date TBD.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@daveo4EV That’s discussed in the article, also here. ‘Magic Dock’. Corny name but it’s a retrofit CCS adapter that attaches to the Supercharger.
still mostly vague on detail - but yeah a Tesla --> CCS adapter fits - although having one at each charger seems problematic - better to sell one to interested parties…

my Son's Tesla CCS adapter works great with his Model Y - and EA (when it works) works far better with the Model Y than it does with my Taycan - starts the charging sessions much much much faster than my Taycan…{facepalm}

OP
OP
satchurator

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
still mostly vague on detail - but yeah a Tesla --> CCS adapter fits - although having one at each charger seems problematic - better to sell one to interested parties…
It sounds like this unit will be the inverse of Tesla’s CCS to Tesla adapter. From (wishful?) speculation elsewhere, they might sell the adapter to individuals as well as attaching them more permanently at Superchargers.

ThePaddyWan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Polestar 2, Maverick
Country flag
It would be nice to have the Supercharger network as a backup. They're well spaced apart and plenty of stations. I'd still prefer using EA where I can since the rates are (significantly) lower here in CA and we're not limited in charge rate. I'd like to see what the discounted rates are with the $0.99/mo. membership. At the very least it'll help drive up the EV adoption rate more broadly.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm very excited by this - mostly because Superchargers actually work most of the time - which is the opposite of EA…

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Hoping that Tesla's continued expanding presence in Austin and surrounds might spur faster access in TX but who knows!

Porsche Taycan Tesla Supercharger US Membership Pricing for Non-Tesla Vehicles Announced at $0.99/month IMG_6795

Porsche Taycan Tesla Supercharger US Membership Pricing for Non-Tesla Vehicles Announced at $0.99/month IMG_6794.PNG

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
I'm very excited by this - mostly because Superchargers actually work most of the time - which is the opposite of EA…
Wonder will that remain through when a wide range of EV models/manufacturers start to use them?

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
The proposed $0.99/month is a lot cheaper than the European price for the optional membership:

Porsche Taycan Tesla Supercharger US Membership Pricing for Non-Tesla Vehicles Announced at $0.99/month IMG_0126.PNG
Sponsored