TYKHAAAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Ram 2500, Kia EV9
There’s locations in CA open now as well as NY, but VERY few overall right now. I’ve seen and talked to folks who have charged with Lightnings, Bolts and the Genesis SUV. The cords fit barely, but you pretty much have to park to the right or left of the charger you actually want to use. So Tesla owners may get mad thinking a spot is open, but you took the cable From it. If I lived in an area where they are ready, I’d try it just to see how it fits our cars.
Sponsored

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
where in California is one open?

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag

thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan CT4s + 2023 Rivian R1T
Country flag
There’s locations in CA open now as well as NY, but VERY few overall right now. I’ve seen and talked to folks who have charged with Lightnings, Bolts and the Genesis SUV. The cords fit barely, but you pretty much have to park to the right or left of the charger you actually want to use. So Tesla owners may get mad thinking a spot is open, but you took the cable From it. If I lived in an area where they are ready, I’d try it just to see how it fits our cars.

Opening Tesla superchargers is not a big deal in the Rocky Mountain west since we have very good CCS charger coverage, except for a couple of locations, but those should be filled by the end of the year.

I just want to see the footage of people going at each other at a Tesla supercharger for taking up two spaces, or a wrong space. Unlike Europe, we have some big EVs like the Hummer EV or the F-150 Lightning and these will probably require two spots at a Tesla supercharger. How long is going to take for the first footage to come out of a Model Y owner going all agro because he can't charge his vehicle due to a huge sized EV blocking two or three spaces??

I will have the popcorn ready!

Last edited:

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo, Eletre R (on order)
Country flag
Unlike Europe, we have some big EVs like the Hummer EV or the F-150 Lightning and these will probably require two spots at a Tesla supercharger. How long is going to take for the first footage to come out of a Model Y owner going all agro because he can't charge his vehicle due to a huge sized EV blocking two or three spaces??
In a 🇪🇺 LHD Taycan (with nose toward the tomstone) the port orientation matches that a Tesla. Happy days.

In a 🇬🇧 RHD Taycan the CCS port is on the other side of the car, so there is no alternative but to use the adjacent "wrong" spot. Thereby blocking that space.

No one has come to grief here so far 😅

modernct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Maserati Levante SQ4
Country flag
Where in NY?

Zcd1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Perf, Genesis GV60 Perf, Audi Q5 TDi
Country flag
Well this guy seemed excited by the prospect…
It's a pretty big deal here in the US, as the non-Tesla fast charging infrastructure is abysmal.

Even if limited to 100KW on some EVs, just knowing that the Supercharger is likely to work first time every time is a huge benefit.

(PS: We own a GV60 Performance identical to the one in that video)

Last edited:

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo, Eletre R (on order)
Country flag
It's a pretty big deal here in the US, as the non-Tesla fast charging infrastructure is abysmal.

Even if limited to 100KW on some EVs, just knowing that the Supercharger is likely to work first time every time is a huge benefit.

(PS: We own a GV60 Performance identical to the one in that video)
The funny thing was, it didn’t work first time for him 😄. But I know where you’re coming from.

thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan CT4s + 2023 Rivian R1T
Country flag
Well this guy seemed excited by the prospect…

And it is because of people like that dude why I will avoid a Tesla supercharger unless it is a matter of being stranded. It is almost embarrassing to see a 60 year old guy acting like that just for a Youtube video.

I find it funny that people bag on the current US CCS charging environment when there is another recent post on this forum of someone driving across the entire country in their new Taycan and not having a single issue at like 30 different Electrify America charging locations.

Yup, the non-Tesla charging infrastructure is abysmal.