Tesla Who? The Porsche Taycan Looks To Raise The Bar For Future Electrics - BuffaloRising

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
A article from a viewing of the Taycan at the Buffalo Transportation Pierce Arrow Museum.

Tesla Who? The Porsche Taycan Looks To Raise The Bar For Future Electrics
The German Automaker Isn’t Holding Back With Their First Mass-Market EV
by Austin Rexinger March 14, 2020

https://www.buffalorising.com/2020/...ks-to-raise-the-bar-for-future-electrics/amp/

Favorite quote
It would be unfair to pin Porsche directly against Tesla, though. Tesla is still a very young company with a lot of pressure to succeed. Meanwhile, Porsche has produced over 1,000,000 911 models, has a complete vehicle lineup, and has succeeded in motorsports on a global level. As Tom Cruise famously proclaimed in the film Risky Business, “Porsche. There is no substitute.”
Porsche Taycan Tesla Who? The Porsche Taycan Looks To Raise The Bar For Future Electrics - BuffaloRising Porsche-Taycan-Buffalo-NY--730x584
Sponsored

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
Tesla have literally started this industry. They came from nowhere, and are where they are today because they pioneered this industry with the Model S. It would not be wise to underestimate them, a decade or so ago few had heard of them, and now they pretty much dominate luxury EV's - in part because there has been scant competition to Tesla until the Taycan came.

However, I think they could really learn from Porsche about design - making a low slung car which looks like a sports car - as well as handling - Porsche are very ahead in both - this very beautiful, excellent handling Taycan will tempt many from Tesla Model S's. Also Tesla are going the wrong way with aesthetics, the Model 3 and Model X are not the way to go in terms of aesthetic design.

Tesla should not be underestimated, but Porsche have generations of sporting edge that I think Tesla just can't compete with. Tesla has to cater to general luxury, whereas I think the Taycan will utterly dominate it in the sporting luxury end of the market.