Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS ST, VW EOS, 71 & 72 VW Camper
Country flag
I'm taking a test drive with one of the local dealers on Saturday in a GTS Sport Turismo which is the model I will be buying. The demonstrator in in Crayon, not may favourite colour but has pretty much every option available so will be good to check out what I want to order.

So any tips on the test drive, features to try etc.

Also any tips on the ordering process and negotiations. I'm in France so we pay more but the delivery time is at least better then the UK and I've been offered a tiny bit of discount. This dealer says delivery time is June 2023.

I am also lining up another test drive with another local dealer probably the Saturday after. This dealer is saying March delivery and has also offered a similar discount. We don't have a Porsche Centre in the nearest large city here so I have 3 dealers all around 1 to 1.5 hours drive which is not far in France. It's a big country.

Any advice welcome. Thanks in advance
Sponsored

Valen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Eva Ribelle RS
Country flag
Hi the most important thing with dealers is to make sure they have an allocation at the factory.

It seems obvious but i had the experience with a dealer that gave me an estimate date of delivery without checking his allocations (and i'm in France too ;))

As allocation depends on your dealer "statuts", i suggest that you don't limit your scope to dealer that are close. If you need the contact of a good dealer in Ile de France which is efficient don't hesitate to ask me.

For negociation tips it ll not be easy but you can try to ask them why would you wait 6 months and pay more when you can have one of those available GTS ST (specially with bose and burmeister delays)

Cherchez parmi de nombreuses Porsche neuves et d'occasion

Specs wise it's up to you but i strongly advise for rear wheel steering as european street/parking lots are tighter than in US. It makes the car feel a lot smaller in parking slot (and it's a very wide car)

Another thing is to spec at least ACC. It ll allow you to spec (or not) Innodrive and ALK but it's wise for resell.

If you want an input on the different options feel free we are here for that ;)

OP
OP
Kev946

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi the most important thing with dealers is to make sure they have an allocation at the factory.

It seems obvious but i had the experience with a dealer that gave me an estimate date of delivery without checking his allocations (and i'm in France too ;))

As allocation depends on your dealer "statuts", i suggest that you don't limit your scope to dealer that are close. If you need the contact of a good dealer in Ile de France which is efficient don't hesitate to ask me.

For negociation tips it ll not be easy but you can try to ask them why would you wait 6 months and pay more when you can have one of those available GTS ST (specially with bose and burmeister delays)

Cherchez parmi de nombreuses Porsche neuves et d'occasion

Specs wise it's up to you but i strongly advise for rear wheel steering as european street/parking lots are tighter than in US. It makes the car feel a lot smaller in parking slot (and it's a very wide car)

Another thing is to spec at least ACC. It ll allow you to spec (or not) Innodrive and ALK but it's wise for resell.

If you want an input on the different options feel free we are here for that ;)
I'm SW France in Charente. I'm talking to Limoges (they supply through their delearship in Clemont Ferrand), Poitiers (through Tours), and La Rochelle (through Bordeaux). No idea which one to prefer but giving them all a chance. I would be prepared to travel to ensure a decent delivery time and good discount level. Any tips welcome and great if I can share my spec.

Thanks what is ACC? Adaptive Cruise. Seems a waste to me on French motorways. No idea what Innodrive and ALK are? Still learning the Taycan.

Not much to choose from used. The Cherry one looks in my price range. Do you think there is room for negotiation on a used? I had set my heart on speccing a new one for me to get everything I need. Also I notice none have the roof rails. Can these be added now. Roof rails are essential.

Valen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sure share you specs. You just have to share the Porsche Code that you will get with the Porsche configurator. This is basically my spec (except i've Burmester instead of Bose and led projectors on doors)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPU6APP8

ACC is adaptative cruise control. Even if you don't think you will use it it provides the sensors that are needed to spec:
- ALK: active lane keeping (basically the car stay in her line even in turns)
- Innodrive (it s the Porsche Version of the autopilot)

If you don't have at least ACC specced you will not be able order ALK or Innodrive after delivery.
Even if you don't really plan to use it, it could be wise on a resell point of view.

As you are new to the Taycan, there's basically no difference anymore between a 2021 and a 2023. They just did a software update that put all existing cars at the same level (except for plug and charge for the 2020 i think). This is what made me buy a used (1 year, 10k km) instead of waiting for a new one (and i saved a ton of money).

I was in the same mood about configuring the spec that i want but this one had all of them (and more)

About dealers as you are already covering most of France, you should contact Porsche Saint Maur, they are in the same group as Levallois, Velizy etc... and are probably the biggest dealer in France so maybe they have better allocations than others
If you want here the detail of the salesgirl that managed my buying process Camille Mission 0607329690

OP
OP
Kev946

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sure share you specs. You just have to share the Porsche Code that you will get with the Porsche configurator. This is basically my spec (except i've Burmester instead of Bose and led projectors on doors)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPU6APP8

ACC is adaptative cruise control. Even if you don't think you will use it it provides the sensors that are needed to spec:
- ALK: active lane keeping (basically the car stay in her line even in turns)
- Innodrive (it s the Porsche Version of the autopilot)

If you don't have at least ACC specced you will not be able order ALK or Innodrive after delivery.
Even if you don't really plan to use it, it could be wise on a resell point of view.

As you are new to the Taycan, there's basically no difference anymore between a 2021 and a 2023. They just did a software update that put all existing cars at the same level (except for plug and charge for the 2020 i think). This is what made me buy a used (1 year, 10k km) instead of waiting for a new one (and i saved a ton of money).

I was in the same mood about configuring the spec that i want but this one had all of them (and more)

About dealers as you are already covering most of France, you should contact Porsche Saint Maur, they are in the same group as Levallois, Velizy etc... and are probably the biggest dealer in France so maybe they have better allocations than others
If you want here the detail of the salesgirl that managed my buying process Camille Mission 0607329690
Great thanks do you have her email address? My French is not good on the phone. I will ask her for a Devi and delivery time.

I've looked at Innodrive and ACC and yes I need one of these. The ACC give a lot more than adaptive CC. I added innodrive and it seems to include ACC so you don't need both. 3k euros for Innodrive.

Here's my latest config http://www.porsche-code.com/PPDC1DW7

Valen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sure here it is
[email protected]

Innodrive include ACC i confirm.

About seats i do have the 18 way too and loves them. However there's some people here who prefers 14 way. I think you should try 18 and 14 just to make sure that you got the right shape ;)

AC 22 Kwh: Unless you have a point of charge at home that deliver 22kw/h it's pretty pointless in France.
Either you will have AC charger that deliver around 7/11 (public charging usually) or you will get DC charging from 50 to 270.

With the money saved on the AC 22, you can order:
- PIRM: it helps to plan the charge for roadtrips and if i remember well it preheats the battery.
- electric charge port: this has absolutely no use except looking cool. And it does ;)

Heatpump: supposed to ease range. Not sure how important it is in real life, i ll leave the experts here ;)

All in all pretty nice spec, congrats ;)

OP
OP
Kev946

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sure here it is
[email protected]

Innodrive include ACC i confirm.

About seats i do have the 18 way too and loves them. However there's some people here who prefers 14 way. I think you should try 18 and 14 just to make sure that you got the right shape ;)

AC 22 Kwh: Unless you have a point of charge at home that deliver 22kw/h it's pretty pointless in France.
Either you will have AC charger that deliver around 7/11 (public charging usually) or you will get DC charging from 50 to 270.

With the money saved on the AC 22, you can order:
- PIRM: it helps to plan the charge for roadtrips and if i remember well it preheats the battery.
- electric charge port: this has absolutely no use except looking cool. And it does ;)

Heatpump: supposed to ease range. Not sure how important it is in real life, i ll leave the experts here ;)

All in all pretty nice spec, congrats ;)
Yes I did this about the 22kw but was thinking about residuals and my regular trips to the UK to give more options.

What is PIRM? I didn't see this on the list of options?

The heat pump is 852 euros so expensive.

I really don't need the electric covers . Yes they look cool but those black ear lobes are not so cool and spoilt the lines a little but are small.

I will email Camille. THanks

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Thanks what is ACC? Adaptive Cruise. Seems a waste to me on French motorways.
As stated above, you should absolutely include ACC. You think you will never use it on motorways, but that is where I have used it most of all. In heavy traffic with stop and go, it is a blessing. InnoDrive is the full Driver Assistance and is nice but has some issues with speed limits in automatic mode. It is a great assistance on long motorway drives

Good Luck.

Valen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
PIRM (Porsche Intelligent Range Manager) is used with the GPS. It'll plan a route and the charging session needed to arrive at destination, tell you that you will make it to charge point with X % battery and such. It'll also adapt his forecast based on your real consumption. For the price it's neat. You can do it with an application (Plugcharge or ABRP) but it's less convenient.

About electric charge point, i'm biased as my car is black the wings doesn't stand out too much ;)

I agree on heatpump and if you check the range forecast on Porsche website it doesn't seems to change the world.

OP
OP
Kev946

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
PIRM (Porsche Intelligent Range Manager) is used with the GPS. It'll plan a route and the charging session needed to arrive at destination, tell you that you will make it to charge point with X % battery and such. It'll also adapt his forecast based on your real consumption. For the price it's neat. You can do it with an application (Plugcharge or ABRP) but it's less convenient.

About electric charge point, i'm biased as my car is black the wings doesn't stand out too much ;)

I agree on heatpump and if you check the range forecast on Porsche website it doesn't seems to change the world.
Thanks both.

If you read on Innodrive it also uses the sat nav but I guess not for range. I will only be doing long trips to the UK a few times a year anyway.

ACC does give a lot more than adaptive cruise which for this most isn't need around us as the motorways are so quiet. Useful on trips to the UK.

I don't see PIRM as an option on the GTS though

OP
OP
Kev946

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
PIRM is only 288 euros so a no brainer and added to my config. Thanks

Valen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
PIRM is well hidden on the E-mobility category just bellow the electric charge port

It's a 288 euros option so it couldn't hurt

OP
OP
Kev946

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
👍

Time to seek who got an allocation then. Good luck
Thanks. I'm stressed already and will probably choose the wrong dealer.

Forgot to ask. What deposit do most of the French dealers ask for. In the UK Porsche Nottingham ask for 5k pounds

Valen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Can't help here, mine was available so i bought it in 24h.
Sponsored