Texas Residents Electric Vehicle Rebate

MTM2012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Taycan Turbo, '19 Cayenne Turbo
Country flag
Wanted to throw this out there for Texas residents that may not be aware of the $2,500 grant for purchasing an EV or hybrid. There are currently 1,358 still available. Tesla cannot apply as they do not have physical dealerships.

https://www.tceq.texas.gov/airquality/terp/ld.html
Sponsored

RRVV17

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, GLS580
Country flag

Toby Pennycuff

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911S, Porsche 930, Porsche GT3 Cup, Taycan 4S
Country flag
I completed my paperwork and am simply waiting on my check.

OMGitsME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Range Rover Sport HSE Dynamic, 2020 Taycan 4S+
Country flag
I completed my paperwork and am simply waiting on my check.
Form 2 - Section 5 - did you have your dealership fill out and sign that portion?

And does TCEQ/Texas issue an actual check for $2,500?

bushmg

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan, 2017 911 Endurance Racing Edition,
Country flag
I submitted my paperwork last Tuesday (8/11) in Fort Worth and it still has not been delivered to Austin! All the tracking shows is "In Transit." :mad:

And by the way, the paperwork is not simple to do, either. It required original signatures from the dealer.

Toby Pennycuff

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I submitted my paperwork last Tuesday (8/11) in Fort Worth and it still has not been delivered to Austin! All the tracking shows is "In Transit." :mad:

And by the way, the paperwork is not simple to do, either. It required original signatures from the dealer.
Yes, you actually have to include that checklist with your submission. The TCEQ is very particular about this submission. Assuming you already have a reservation (reservations are actually a separate step you can perform in advance of delivery of your EV), you will likely just have to volley the paperwork back and forth.

Toby Pennycuff

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Form 2 - Section 5 - did you have your dealership fill out and sign that portion?

And does TCEQ/Texas issue an actual check for $2,500?
Sorry missed your earlier question!

Yes, you will get a check from TCEQ. You will also get a 1099-G for tax purposes! That's why they wanted a W9 from you.

Toby

OMGitsME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Range Rover Sport HSE Dynamic, 2020 Taycan 4S+
Country flag

What did you use to mail your application? I'm using FedEx with tracking...I don't trust USPS, esp with all that's going on lately.

Charlie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Wanted to throw this out there for Texas residents that may not be aware of the $2,500 grant for purchasing an EV or hybrid. There are currently 1,358 still available. Tesla cannot apply as they do not have physical dealerships.

https://www.tceq.texas.gov/airquality/terp/ld.html
IT looks like Colorado has a $4000 tax credit this year if I'm reading the documents correctly. Does anyone know anything about that. Here's a link.
https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/sites/default/files/Income69.pdf