Advertisement

The 4S is back after full colour coding and PPS!

OP
TAYC4N

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Perf Battery
Country flag
Does this work out to be around the same cost as PPF as right now mine is getting PPF'd by Porsche when it arrives but maybe I will change if this provides the same protection and is similar or better yet, less than the cost of PPF?

Also does it come with any guarantee?

Thanks
Depends on what you are paying Porsche - if you are having the entire car done I believe you will be paying them in access of £4k and that would be without a Ceramic Coating on top which is usually another £1000?

PPS is a more superior product and yes it is cheaper via the deal I secured forum members with Auto Forensics.
Does this work out to be around the same cost as PPF as right now mine is getting PPF'd by Porsche when it arrives but maybe I will change if this provides the same protection and is similar or better yet, less than the cost of PPF?

Also does it come with any guarantee?

Thanks
36 months warranty. The deal I have secured is way cheaper than PPF. I will send you details.

Duc959

First Name
FR
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR Vogue Autobiography, Ducati Panigale V2
Country flag
Depends on what you are paying Porsche - if you are having the entire car done I believe you will be paying them in access of £4k and that would be without a Ceramic Coating on top which is usually another £1000?

PPS is a more superior product and yes it is cheaper via the deal I secured forum members with Auto Forensics.

36 months warranty. The deal I have secured is way cheaper than PPF. I will send you details.
Please send me the details too as I am considering doing the same as you, however how long do they need the car for?

OP
TAYC4N

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Perf Battery
Country flag
Turnaround in about a week. Book early they are getting really busy!

exav8tor

First Name
Richard
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 330e
Country flag
@TAYC4N That looks really smart, love it!

If poss could you send me through the details, would be interested as haven't yet had PPF applied.

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
I would not say it's cheaper but for the deal here in the UK it was cheaper and it's a much better product than PPF.
Hi,
Would you send me details on this please. Thanks.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag

Hi same here, could you please send through the details. It is not possible to P M you. Grayed out!

MWarsaw

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
How did you deal with the texture on the plastic bumper and side trim? The parts look perfectly smooth to get that gloss look without a lot of big orange peeL??

So I finally picked up the car after having the following:

Front Spiltter colour coded in Jet Black Metallic Paint Protection Spray (PPS or SRAP - spray wrap)

Side Skirts Colour Coded in Jet Black Metallic PPS

Rear Bumper Inserts Colour Coded in Jet Black Metallic PPS

All badges painted in Gloss Black Metallic - I did not take this as a factory option as I wanted the “electric” badge in black so decided to get this done.

Full car protected in Clear PPS (Not PPF!)

Full Car Ceramic Coated with Labo Cosmetica Ceramic Coat.

https://www.labocosmetica.com/stc-permanent-nano-ceramic-car-coating.html

The results are there to be seen for everyone. You cannot distinguish between the paintwork and the PPS work. The colour match is identical and the rough plastic parts from Porsche are now in all their gloss Metallic glory!

All work is fully reversible this is not paint - it’s plastic spray! It protects the paintwork but gives the same results as paintwork but can be taken off when required.

PPS can be done in any colour. If you want a Lizard Green or Lava Orange Taycan you can have one with PPS!

PPS can be cut and polished (or as in my case Ceramic Coated) just like normal paint. The result is a mirror like finish!

For those in the UK the work was carried out by Auto Forensics based very close to Heathrow. A very passionate bunch of guys who love what they do. I have negotiated special discounts for Taycan forum members. Please contact me for details.

I am delighted with the end result. No more unsightly plastic visible and the car’s stance looks much lower and aggressive now!

13E4D5F5-47EF-40C9-A0A5-FC2F8C0D54FC.jpeg
7EA264CE-6263-48E4-8946-9F92E7B16DBA.jpeg
1C3606E2-4704-46AF-8C49-FD04B454DC55.jpeg
710F2D3D-8191-4215-9337-12E163012D98.jpeg
CA46D60F-D79D-43CF-B2B4-FE3A2279E9BB.jpeg
C6565241-C755-4BA1-8D8F-485A3D3F084D.jpeg
89C2C9C7-BD9A-47B8-B819-B2CE461E0422.jpeg

05E3ADDE-31FE-4393-A244-81AA28EFA912.jpeg

4DFEA094-6C40-46A1-BA67-D88B56870541.jpeg

0B7C956A-05D0-4CC6-8052-117E86561841.jpeg

OP
TAYC4N

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Perf Battery
Country flag
How did you deal with the texture on the plastic bumper and side trim? The parts look perfectly smooth to get that gloss look without a lot of big orange peeL??
PPS is laid in multiple layers to get the smooth finish. Nothing was sanded down on my car.
Once on the polishing and ceramic coating tackle any orange peel you mention.

Advertisement