The air conditioning of your vehicle has been completed.

fredhouston

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
I get this notification on the app sometimes. What does it mean? Thanks.
Sponsored

andix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991.1 S, Taycan Turbo (4/21), others
Country flag
You can choose that your car pre-cools/ heats when eg. opening/ finish charging etc.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I used to get this notification even without pre-cool/heat and without using timers or charging profiles. It looked like a bug and I disabled the notifications from the app and later on I uninstalled it completely.

Someone else in this forum suggested that you get a notification when the car is cooling the battery which also uses the A/C. I am not sure if that is true, but if it is it sounds like a bug to me.

mc9er

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2021 Audi Q7
Country flag
I was having the same issue on approach and charging. I went into the PCM Climate Function and turned it off.

IMG_1121.jpg
This is the correct answer. Make sure "precool/heat with remote unlocking" is unchecked as well. That has nothing to do with timers/etc. but automatically triggers the car to precool/heat when you simply UNLOCK the car... i.e. realize you forgot something in the back seat so you go out to the car to grab... once you unlock the car it will automatically turn on the preconditioning and about about 10 minutes later once you're back inside you'll end up getting the notification that the "air conditioning has been completed".

If you uncheck that box, the above won't happen. If the box is still checked (even with all other timers, etc. turned off)... that will still happen.

HeffRaleigh

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
This is the correct answer. Make sure "precool/heat with remote unlocking" is unchecked as well. That has nothing to do with timers/etc. but automatically triggers the car to precool/heat when you simply UNLOCK the car... i.e. realize you forgot something in the back seat so you go out to the car to grab... once you unlock the car it will automatically turn on the preconditioning and about about 10 minutes later once you're back inside you'll end up getting the notification that the "air conditioning has been completed".

If you uncheck that box, the above won't happen. If the box is still checked (even with all other timers, etc. turned off)... that will still happen.
Does this happen if you don’t lock your car? I leave mine unlocked in the garage and get 3 or so notifications on my iPhone telling me the air conditioning has completed. Can’t figure it out but this sounds like the culprit.

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag

What's the point of precooling for 2 seconds when you unlock with the keyfob, since you're about to get in the car anyway? If that's indeed how it works (turn on precool/heat when unlocking) then that seems useless, and I shall be turning it off as well since I have also been getting these app notifications on my phone.

I could see more argument if you are remote unlocking from the Connect app (but why would you do that for security reasons?), but I still don't see the point over just turning on the climate manually if you intend to precool/heat for a few minutes before you actually head out to the car to start your drive.

mc9er

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What's the point of precooling for 2 seconds when you unlock with the keyfob, since you're about to get in the car anyway? If that's indeed how it works (turn on precool/heat when unlocking) then that seems useless, and I shall be turning it off as well since I have also been getting these app notifications on my phone.

I could see more argument if you are remote unlocking from the Connect app (but why would you do that for security reasons?), but I still don't see the point over just turning on the climate manually if you intend to precool/heat for a few minutes before you actually head out to the car to start your drive.
Correct, simply just disable the function within the car if you don’t want this to happen. If you are in your house or in a store and want to pre-cool or precondition the car… You can still do so from the ”Connect” app itself… Even with the function disabled in the car. I do this all the time when leaving someone’s house and I want to enter a preconditioned car.

JD4S

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Correct, simply just disable the function within the car if you don’t want this to happen. If you are in your house or in a store and want to pre-cool or precondition the car… You can still do so from the ”Connect” app itself… Even with the function disabled in the car. I do this all the time when leaving someone’s house and I want to enter a preconditioned car.
So it's getting warm here in FL and I'm back to trying to figure out if there's a way to pre-cool the car, say when leaving a restaurant, 10 minutes prior?

Mc9er - can you lay out the steps that you are doing this from the Connect app? Thanks -

JD4S

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
So it's getting warm here in FL and I'm back to trying to figure out if there's a way to pre-cool the car, say when leaving a restaurant, 10 minutes prior?

Mc9er - can you lay out the steps that you are doing this from the Connect app? Thanks -
I have a MY20 and have not had the latest software update.

mc9er

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Connect app > “climate” (on top) > “edit” (choose temps, etc.) > “Start”. I have a 2021 that has had the update and these are the steps for that

GOG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes CLS63 . Range Rover Sport
Country flag
When I stop somewhere and I want to precool the cabin , you hit the button on the lower screen " precool " but it will do it for 60 min. Is there away to do like only 10 min after locking the car or to start precooling after 30 min for 15 min.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
No unfortunately only to a preset temperature.

It can be started and stopped remotely via the app but I don't think it's available in UAE.

ljump12

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3
Country flag
Is it possible to precool on a schedule? Say monday-Friday at 5pm?
Sponsored