The Brabus take on the Taycan Turbo S

Dimebag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I honestly wouldn’t drive that if you paid me for the pleasure.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
If you think Brabus is bad, take a look at Mansory.

In particular, what they did to the DBX. It looks like a zimmer frame from behind.

I have no idea who buys these things, but what I do know about them is they have no taste and too much money.

Last edited:

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Pointless.
Not only do I not like anything about it but why do they need to mess with a car which has plenty of options already?

I have never seen the point in Brabus or Alpina mods though.

Deleted member 6348

Honestly, it’s pretty restrained for a German car tuner. Germany produces amazing cars, but their tuner scene is…. Uh… unique and not the kind of thing that will catch on with the rest of the world. As referenced above, Mansory (pronounced “Man, sorry” 😜) is the poster child for the scene there.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
In the UK, we have the awkwardly named Overfinch, though they only customise Land/Range Rovers, somewhat tastefully.

I still don't like them - nor SUVs in general - but then after scratching an SUV rental the other week (my first ever ding on a car, and completely avoidable) and getting a £200 bill, I hate them even more now.

In fact, I am quite sure Frank and I share the same nightmare:

An SUV with an all black interior.

SHUDDER.

soawjo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, BMW 230i convertible
Country flag
I like the exterior look but the interior is not something I would ever go for. If I’m being kind I’d say i marginally prefer it to that watermelon thing

Bigben

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover L405 4.4L SDV8, VW T-ROC R, Yamaha FZ8
Country flag
I don’t like the colour scheme but I dig the exterior styling
Interesting to see the general hate for Brabus. Being an AMG fan, I think that what they do to “relatively standard” 63s in the Merc range turning them into very bespoke, 800hp monsters with not just a body kit (some of them less tacky than others), but everything uprated (brakes, suspension, exhaust…) is really nice.

Mansory or Onyx are just silly. Not a fan of Kahn or Urban either. Hard to judge Novitec as the principle of tuning a Ferrari is borderline. But stuff like Brabus, Hofele, Nero design, and to an extent Liberty Walk are quite admirable imho when not spec’d beyond reason.

But hey, I’m probably still just a kid who sometimes puts style over substance 😬
Sponsored