First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
Story time.

So, we’re going to my wife’s mom’s house today. And my wife made a casserole. And she took it over in a shallow, open pan in her lap. Great idea.?‍♂

Two seconds into driving and I’m getting yelled at that the casserole is sloshing around and about to go everywhere.

And for the next 40 miles…it’s….

The Casserole Challenge

Drive a high performance car carefully and without spilling the casserole. ?

So, I reset the max G data and carefully proceeded to see how low I could keep it.

I barely touched the pedals. I was slowing down super slow for turns. It was agonizing.

And I made it most of way near 0.15 in all directions. But…I f-ed up the last two turns and hit 0.25…and then 0.39. ?

But the casserole stayed in place, so I passed.?

Porsche Taycan The Difficulties of Restrained Driving C8B3350A-5459-4394-B282-17CC053419D3

I don’t recommend this exercise. It’s not as much fun as it sounds which is saying a lot since it doesn’t sound fun in the first place.

I made up for it though. My father-in-law took me out in his new Challenger. Then I took him out and showed him why he should have bought a Taycan. And we didn’t invite the casserole. ?
Sponsored

wurzitup

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
Story time.

So, we’re going to my wife’s mom’s house today. And my wife made a casserole. And she took it over in a shallow, open pan in her lap. Great idea.?‍♂

Two seconds into driving and I’m getting yelled at that the casserole is sloshing around and about to go everywhere.

The Casserole Challenge

So, I reset the max G data and carefully proceeded to see how low I could keep it.

I barely touched the pedals. I was slowing down super slow for turns. It was agonizing.

And I made it most of way near 0.15 in all directions. But…I f-ed up the last two turns and hit 0.25…and then 0.39. ?

C8B3350A-5459-4394-B282-17CC053419D3.jpeg

I don’t recommend this exercise. It’s not as much fun as it sounds which is saying a lot since it doesn’t sound fun in the first place.

I made up for it though. My father-in-law took me out in his new Challenger. Then I took him out and showed him why he should have bought a Taycan. And we didn’t invite the casserole. ?
How does the Challenger compare, and what does he think of the Taycan?

The Casserole Challenge sounds awful btw....... lol.

OP
OP
Jhenson29

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
How does the Challenger compare, and what does he think of the Taycan?
The Challenger is not my thing. Actually, a few years ago, I was making a lot of trips to Atlanta and, for whatever reason, I was getting Chargers with the 392 as rentals, so I kind of knew what to expect (his has the 392 also).

Lots of wheel slip. It doesn’t feel very composed. But I think that might be a little bit of what some of the people who buy them like.

But anyone complaining about the Porsche software being slow needs to go spend 10 minutes in a Dodge (because that’s about how long it seems like it takes menus to load).

He really liked the Taycan, but I think he still prefers his Challenger.

The Casserole Challenge sounds awful btw....... lol.
It is.

And to top it off (I forgot this part) she decided to change containers for her flat white from Starbucks.

She brought a thermal cup for it, so I had to sit there and watch her balance a nearly spilling casserole in her lap and then take the lid off of her full-to-the-brim coffee and try to pour it into another cup. In our Taycan. While I’m driving.

Last edited:

kailifish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Story time.

The Casserole Challenge

C8B3350A-5459-4394-B282-17CC053419D3.jpeg

Guess you need to do the paper cup training :cool:

OP
OP
Jhenson29

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You should buy her a role of clingfilm for Christmas.
?
Okay, so, I told her it needed a cover before we left and she refused. This is 100% on her.

Unless she’s reading this.

In which case that was a joke and it’s 100% my fault. ?

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
F1 champions Jackie Stewart and Graham Hill used to demonstrate and teach smooth saloon car performance driving technique by fixing a full pint of beer to the bonnet (Hill) or placing a tennis ball in a large bowl affixed to the bonnet (Stewart). You could follow their example and transport your casserole on the bonnet- much easier to keep an eye on, and easier to clean any spillage (though the hot pot would probably melt your paint protection).

blue-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
F1 champions Jackie Stewart and Graham Hill used to demonstrate and teach smooth saloon car performance driving technique by fixing a full pint of beer to the bonnet (Hill) or placing a tennis ball in a large bowl affixed to the bonnet (Stewart). You could follow their example and transport your casserole on the bonnet- much easier to keep an eye on, and easier to clean any spillage (though the hot pot would probably melt your paint protection).
Awesome. Thinking of bonnet... the casserole didn't fit into the frunk? Seems like perfect place for transporting.
Lovely story! Thanks for sharing

OP
OP
Jhenson29

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thinking of bonnet... the casserole didn't fit into the frunk?
My wife actually commented that it was a good thing she held it or we wouldn’t have noticed the poor job gravity was doing to secure the dish.

It would have fit in the frunk. And then our frunk would have been casserole-lined. Maybe a new Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur option? ?

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Next time just put the casserole into a pressure cooker with the lid securely fastened. Easy solved. And proper use of the right pedal!

OP
OP
Jhenson29

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I learned my lesson this year.

I wrapped everything and then put the wrapped dishes in cardboard boxes.

Food safely transported. No spilling and no careful driving.

I still got yelled at for it being all jumbled by the time we got to our destination though. Apparently, I disturbed the salad’s presentation. Can’t win at everything.🤷‍♂️
Sponsored