The Glass is More Than Half Full

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
I have been away for a month so driving my Taycan again reminded me just how much fun it was to drive. Yesterday at a light a guy on a crotch rocket asked me to roll down my window. He wanted to know what I was driving and commented that he never saw a car accelerate so quickly while already at speed and handle turns so well. Naturally when the light turned green the Mamba Green Taycan left him and everyone in the rear view mirror. It is not every day that you can do that to a motorcycle.

Tonight on the way home from work I pulled up next to a BMW X6M. She was pretty impatient and kept creeping forward anticipating the traffic signal to turn green. When it finally turned green I couldn’t help but stomp on the go pedal. As I was quickly above posted speed limit I caught a glimpse of a sedan in the median, I pressed the brakes fairly hard to scrub off some speed (thankfully I was in Sport Plus so the suspension kept the front end from diving and making it obvious I was standing on the brakes). It was an unmarked police car. He pulled out of the median. I thought it was going to be ticket time. BUT just as he got on the roadway behind me, the BMW that I left in the dust finally caught up and blasted past us, so the officer took off after the BMW. I made the next right turn just to play it safe. Mamba Green is not an under the radar color.

Anyway despite all of the less than perfect things people are experiencing as Porsche gets things sorted out, I am reminded every time I get behind the wheel that at its core the Taycan is the most fun I have had in any car I have owned. And I haven’t even done one launch control yet in the 3 months I have owned it.
Sponsored

zelement

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Panamera 4S. 19 Cayenne S
Country flag
I have been away for a month so driving my Taycan again reminded me just how much fun it was to drive. Yesterday at a light a guy on a crotch rocket asked me to roll down my window. He wanted to know what I was driving and commented that he never saw a car accelerate so quickly while already at speed and handle turns so well. Naturally when the light turned green the Mamba Green Taycan left him and everyone in the rear view mirror. It is not every day that you can do that to a motorcycle.

Tonight on the way home from work I pulled up next to a BMW X6M. She was pretty impatient and kept creeping forward anticipating the traffic signal to turn green. When it finally turned green I couldn’t help but stomp on the go pedal. As I was quickly above posted speed limit I caught a glimpse of a sedan in the median, I pressed the brakes fairly hard to scrub off some speed (thankfully I was in Sport Plus so the suspension kept the front end from diving and making it obvious I was standing on the brakes). It was an unmarked police car. He pulled out of the median. I thought it was going to be ticket time. BUT just as he got on the roadway behind me, the BMW that I left in the dust finally caught up and blasted past us, so the officer took off after the BMW. I made the next right turn just to play it safe. Mamba Green is not an under the radar color.

Anyway despite all of the less than perfect things people are experiencing as Porsche gets things sorted out, I am reminded every time I get behind the wheel that at its core the Taycan is the most fun I have had in any car I have owned. And I haven’t even done one launch control yet in the 3 months I have owned it.
Great story!