The key fob only unlocks one side of the car, intermittent at first.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I picked up my new Taycan on Thursday and visited my daughter that evening to show her.
When I used the key fob to unlock the car all 4 door handles popped out but the door we tried didn’t open nor did the other one that side.
On the driver’s side both doors were fully unlocked.
When I got home I tried again and all 4 doors unlocked but today handles on the 2 doors on the passenger side of the car don’t even pop up, so can’t even try to open the door from the outside.

This time it so far hasn’t reverted to working when I try it.

If I lean over and open the door from the inside, like before central locking, both doors open and when I look outside the handles have flipped out.

Anybody got any ideas?

I have only had the car 3 ½ days it has done less than 100 miles and only me and my dog have been in it.
Sponsored

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
I think it is a setting for unlocking the doors. You can chose all doors, driver side only, drivers door only.
Would have to check where it exactly is in the menu.

OP
OP
f1eng

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think it is a setting for unlocking the doors. You can chose all doors, driver side only, drivers door only.
Would have to check where it exactly is in the menu.
Thanks, I hope it is a simple (or unnecessarily complicated!) as that.
I’ll see if I can find a list of locking alternatives.

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
You should be able to unlock the doors using the interior unlock button by the door handle, worst case?
I always set all doors to unlock at the same time as I find it very inconvenient to only open the drivers door
Porsche Taycan The key fob only unlocks one side of the car, intermittent at first. 8615A536-8F89-453E-BE50-A1D815848EE6

OP
OP
f1eng

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I did look around the instruction book and didn’t find a mode that may accidentally have been selected (though i don’t know when or how it could have been since it has been normal some of the time) which explains what is happening.
I’ll have another play tomorrow.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I picked up my new Taycan on Thursday and visited my daughter that evening to show her.
When I used the key fob to unlock the car all 4 door handles popped out but the door we tried didn’t open nor did the other one that side.
On the driver’s side both doors were fully unlocked.
When I got home I tried again and all 4 doors unlocked but today handles on the 2 doors on the passenger side of the car don’t even pop up, so can’t even try to open the door from the outside.

This time it so far hasn’t reverted to working when I try it.

If I lean over and open the door from the inside, like before central locking, both doors open and when I look outside the handles have flipped out.

Anybody got any ideas?

I have only had the car 3 ½ days it has done less than 100 miles and only me and my dog have been in it.
Check the vehicle locking options in the PCM - you can configure driver, driver's side and all.

Reactions: B61
OP
OP
f1eng

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Check the vehicle locking options in the PCM - you can configure driver, driver's side and all.
Thanks,
I shall do that once it is light.
What gives concern is why it changes.
I haven’t been aware of anything which may have caused it to change since I picked the car up yet the behaviour has.

Last edited:

Foxy

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS6,992GTS,GolfGTI
Country flag
I lost a few settings unexpectedly, including the door locking, home address on nav, seat settings and favourite radio stations. I think it may have had something to do with the My Porsche app, but once I reset everything things have been fine. Car goes in for the update next week and I’m expecting settings will return to default, so I’ll be doing it all over again. It’s such a good drive that I’m prepared to accept its foibles, but after a few years in production Porsche should’ve ironed out these bugs by now. Enjoy your car, it looks the business.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Thanks,
I shall do that once it is light.
I haven’t been aware of anything which may have caused it to change since I picked the car up yet the behaviour has.
It shouldn't change once set. It can be set per key so perhaps if this is the explanation then check settings on both keys.

Reactions: B61

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Quick question @f1eng , based on my experience with other cars (since I'm a little behind you on Taycan delivery). Most cars that I had which had a mode to only unlock driver's door, usually allowed unlocking all doors if you unlock it using the fob twice or simply hit the fob while the driver's door was already unlocked. This might explain why it works sometimes - if driver's door is already unlocked due to proximity of the key/easy entry, clicking the fob might unlock the rest - but if clicking the fob before the easy entry unlock, it only unlocks the driver's door. Again, still no Taycan here to confirm or help with specific settings, just some thoughts based on other cars experience.

Last edited:

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I'm still betting on a change of settings fixing it, but if that fails I wonder whether the unusually long storage time (and conditions?) has resulted in the physical lock mechanisms not operating as smoothly as they should?

OP
OP
f1eng

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It shouldn't change once set. It can be set per key so perhaps if this is the explanation then check settings on both keys.
The spare key hasn't been out of its box yet.

OP
OP
f1eng

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Quick question @f1eng , based on my experience with other cars (since I'm a little behind you on Taycan delivery). Most cars that I had which had a mode to only unlock driver's door, usually allowed unlocking all doors if you unlock it using the fob twice or simply hit the fob while the driver's door was already unlocked. This might explain why it works sometimes - if driver's door is already unlocked due to proximity of the key/easy entry, clicking the fob might unlock the rest - but if clicking the fob before the easy entry unlock, it only unlocks the driver's door. Again, still no Taycan here to confirm or help with specific settings, just some thoughts based on other cars experience.
There are a plethora of options!
It reminds me of my digital SLR cameras which are capable of being set up to do many things which I have no interest in doing and is hard to keep simply enough to be quick reacting, so I don't miss shots.
Sponsored