punkdad2020

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Targa GTS, Cayenne, S550 Cab
Country flag
When I ordered my Taycan in September the original estimated delivery date was February. Sixty days into the queue and the delivery date changed to early June 2020. From there I got a nice surprise from my salesperson, the date moved up to April. I was very pleased about the update and shortly afterward was invited to come into the dealership and test drive their first demo, a Taycan Turbo. I reviewed my V-codes with the salesperson, (I got a hard copy), all good and on track,...or so I thought. I got an email yesterday with revised v-codes, the delivery is bumped back to mid-May. No explanation, just an update. I still think it has something to do with the passenger display I ordered, but the dealer says "no," though interestingly, I have not seen a single demo equipped with this option on cars.com. Still it is nice to have sightings, the car does exist! And as far as my test drive...Incredible and very much worth the wait!
Sponsored

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
When I ordered my Taycan in September the original estimated delivery date was February. Sixty days into the queue and the delivery date changed to early June 2020. From there I got a nice surprise from my salesperson, the date moved up to April. I was very pleased about the update and shortly afterward was invited to come into the dealership and test drive their first demo, a Taycan Turbo. I reviewed my V-codes with the salesperson, (I got a hard copy), all good and on track,...or so I thought. I got an email yesterday with revised v-codes, the delivery is bumped back to mid-May. No explanation, just an update. I still think it has something to do with the passenger display I ordered, but the dealer says "no," though interestingly, I have not seen a single demo equipped with this option on cars.com. Still it is nice to have sightings, the car does exist! And as far as my test drive...Incredible and very much worth the wait!
Turbo S order?

soul_electrified

First Name
Swen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Carrera 4 , Porsche Macan
Country flag
I tested 2 democars with passenger display, so it should not be the problem of your delay.

Porschepro888

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT4, ‘65 356C, Tesla S85, Taycan Turbo (delivery in mid-March 2020)
Country flag
Demo at my dealership arrived in December 2019. Black over black Turbo with no passenger screen. Travel and personal stuff kept me from driving it sooner. Drove it for the first time today and all that I can say is that it’s a genuine Porsche sports car that happens to have four-doors and powered by a couple of electric motors. My Tesla 85 is a four-door sedan powered by an electric motor. There is absolutely no way to compare the two cars in terms of build quality, acceleration and, more importantly to me, handling. My 2020 Taycan Turbo is complete and shipping in three weeks. This is a week or so earlier than promised. Hope to have it delivered third week of March. From my seat time in the demo, it’s better than I had imagined. Also 100% charge indicated a little over 280 miles of range.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I test drove the Turbo on Saturday, and it was an experience I've never had in a car. The whole package was like something out of the future. The interior, the ride, the steering, the handling, and the acceleration and overall connectedness of the car was just incredible. Now, I still wait for an allocation for my Turbo S.........

domin1720

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 macan gts
Country flag
I test drove the Turbo on Saturday, and it was an experience I've never had in a car. The whole package was like something out of the future. The interior, the ride, the steering, the handling, and the acceleration and overall connectedness of the car was just incredible. Now, I still wait for an allocation for my Turbo S.........
That is great to read, I went with the Turbo and not the Turbo S. Still running 180k+ with all the goodies I added and going with the S was just too much of a jump for me.

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
Domin1720: i have to say as long as you get the options you want from what I see the difference between the a Turbo and Turbo S is just numbers on a piece of paper. I don’t think you can tell any difference between the two.

Also I have heard from a couple of dealers that Turbo S slots May not be available this year.

Last edited: