The new "My Porsche" app is trash! Oh my.

mod72346

First Name
Mod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2021
Country flag
Porsche recently migrated users from the OLD "Porsche Connect" app to the highly-anticipated NEW "My Porsche" app.

In summary:
This is a shame that Porsche can't make a decent mobile app that meets expectations even at a very basic level.

If you haven't rated the app, please go and leave feedback. They need to know how much their garbage stinks.

Thank you.

Last edited:

notsofast

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XC90, 2005 Cayenne Turbo, 2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
well, the "other EV brand" who is great at software ain't so great at building cars, so take your pick.
I'd settle for good in a heartbeat when it comes to the Taycan/Porsche software. It's just that right now they aren't close.

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW Series 3 XDRIVE M SPORT
Country flag
What do people expect an app to do? It tells your the charge and trip data. Allows you to set alarms and preheat. You can send Nav directions and find your car. It also lets you park remote. What else is needed? What amazing functions am I missing in my life via a car app?

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Porsche recently migrated users from the OLD "Porsche Connect" app to the highly-anticipated NEW "My Porsche" app.

In summary:
This is a shame that Porsche can't make a decent mobile app that meets expectations even at a very basic level.

If you haven't rated the app, please go and leave feedback. They need to know how much their garbage stinks.

Thank you.
Perhaps a bit harsh judging the new app on less than 150 reviews. lets face it, most people (i think) who tend to review apps are either serial reviewers or very angry! Overall happy/indifferent users probably tend not to review, just get on and use it.
However, I'm still 14 sleeps away (I hope) from getting one, so can't comment yet. But certainly concerned about it all the same!! Right now i'm more worried about whether i'll be able to start it, know if its actually turned off and of course get it to charge!

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
I rarely have any use for the app so it's poor execution isn't a big issue for me

YawningFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Whole lotta whining’ goin on in this forum lately… :rolleyes:
Voicing an opinion is now whining? If people don't share their negative experiences (with the good) then Porsche will never have an opportunity to listen and get better.

I too have been super frustrated with the app at completing the most basic tasks with my vehicle. All of these gremlins with the PCM and software have made the ownership experience much less enjoyable. Then yesterday the heat in my car stopped working :(

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
I haven't tried new app yet.

f10tt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan, 2022 Cayenne, 2021 Bronco
Country flag
I'd like to have both. Is it too much to ask?
Yes - we just traded in our MYP for a Bronco and I'm in the process of unloading our Plaid now.

scav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo (2022)
Country flag
well, the "other EV brand" who is great at software ain't so great at building cars, so take your pick.
At least they generally get you from A-B, Porsches app most of the times just crash and burn or gets there in 30-90 second.

jasperp

First Name
jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla,porsche
Country flag
But the other EV brand seems to pay more attention to what their customers are saying.
Next to the bugs, there are many 'usability problems' reported for a long time, that have not been addressed either. (simple example: not persistently storing the break recuperation setting)

It is just not acceptable for a 'premium' brand in 2022. Tesla raised the bar, Porsche needs to wake up.

Climax_F82

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
22 Taycan
Country flag
What kind of issues are you having with the app? I myself have not had 1 hiccup with the app yet. Works fine for me.
Sponsored