Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dickpitini.com
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4
Country flag
Sorry, one more question. My e-bike has fat tires. Is the tire channel wide enough?
I just measured mine. The rails are 3in. wide and 2in. deep. They do however have a inside "V" shape. I'm not sure, but it certerently would seem any tire over 3in. would not work & due to the inside "V" shape even a 3in. tire would not completely fit into the inside of the rail. I have 30mm tires on my E bike & they fit fine.
Sponsored

Bry5on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'70 electric Jaguar, ‘21 Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
Sorry, one more question. My e-bike has fat tires. Is the tire channel wide enough?
My photo above is 29x2.5” - it looks like any tire should fit, even a 4+” as the straps are super long. The tire being wider than the channel doesn’t appear to be an issue at all.

Y1BDB1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911, CT4S
Country flag
What's the backup camera view like with the rack on?

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Very poor, you can see a couple feet back underneath the rack
Bit of a missed opportunity in it's design - I realize would add cost etc. but this thing is already mad expensive - adding a simple backup camera (cheap these days) to activate and override the car's std. backup would have been a really nice feature. That and the 'bugly' light assembly design on the carrier are somewhat annoying elements to me - maybe also the weight :)! Still on order though.

dickp

First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dickpitini.com
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4
Country flag
I seem to have managed to break this cable. It is shown in the instructions, but no info. on what it is for. I will have dealer look at it, but I'm sure they will have no idea of what it does, or how to repair it. Any ideas from anyone & if it is safe to use - I plan to continue to use it.
Porsche Taycan The Porsche Tequipment Rear Bicycle Carrier For Cross Turismo IMG_1124.JPG

optik382

First Name
Fletcher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bolt, 2023 XC90 PHEV, 2022 Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Does anyone know the maximum bicycle wheelbase supported by this vaporware $2k rack? I have a cargo bike with a ~1400mm / 55" base. Wondering if it can handle that. Otherwise I plan to get a 2" hitch adaptor fabricated. The damn thing has been on order for four months...
Sponsored