thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan CT4s + 2023 Rivian R1T
Country flag
Can't wait to exchange my sedan for a CT. then I don't have to load my Creo or Levo on top of the vehicle any more.

That rear mounted bike carrier is awesome, and should not impact efficiency as much as a top mounted bike. If you road trip with the bike rack on with a bike, can you measure and share vehicle efficiency? Thank you!

Porsche Taycan The Porsche Tequipment Rear Bicycle Carrier For Cross Turismo IMG_0899
Sponsored

dickp

First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dickpitini.com
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4
Country flag
Can't wait to exchange my sedan for a CT. then I don't have to load my Creo or Levo on top of the vehicle any more.

That rear mounted bike carrier is awesome, and should not impact efficiency as much as a top mounted bike. If you road trip with the bike rack on with a bike, can you measure and share vehicle efficiency? Thank you!

IMG_0899.jpg
I just received the rear bike carrier today. Will report asap on affect on range.

dickp

First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dickpitini.com
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4
Country flag
Finally got the bike carrier rack today. Pretty easy to install. Even came with a pair of Porsche gloves.

IMG_1077.JPG

IMG_1078.JPG

IMG_1079.JPG
Found out a couple of details after having had a chance to take it for a test run. The good, the rear parking sensors are disabled when the elect. is connected. The bad, the Lane Keep Assist lights in the outside rear view mirrors is disabled - a message appears on the dash stating that it is disabled when towing a trailer. If you don't connect the elect. then Lane Keep Assist continues to work, but is not a very good option. Also when the elect . is connected the rear hatch will only raise if the button on the rear bumper is pressed.

philbur

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 911 C2 (993), 2015 Cayenne S, 1978 VW Bus
Country flag
how do the bike carriers attach to the rack? im curious how to get 3 bikes on there or if they slide around - id love to get 2 adult + 2 kids on it!!

dickp

First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dickpitini.com
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4
Country flag
how do the bike carriers attach to the rack? im curious how to get 3 bikes on there or if they slide around - id love to get 2 adult + 2 kids on it!!
I can't see any way you could safely carry 3 bikes on the rack as it comes as standard. See the photo from a page in the instruction manual that referrers to "additional parts not included" that seems to refer to a third wheel rail. This might be something that can be added, but I have no idea how you would go about obtaining it.

Porsche Taycan The Porsche Tequipment Rear Bicycle Carrier For Cross Turismo IMG_1081.JPG

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
Found out a couple of details after having had a chance to take it for a test run. The good, the rear parking sensors are disabled when the elect. is connected. The bad, the Lane Keep Assist lights in the outside rear view mirrors is disabled - a message appears on the dash stating that it is disabled when towing a trailer. If you don't connect the elect. then Lane Keep Assist continues to work, but is not a very good option. Also when the elect . is connected the rear hatch will only raise if the button on the rear bumper is pressed.
That is very interesting to note. I’ll have to make a plug for mine to also deactivate the rear parking sensors and tailgate to prevent accidental openings.

I did notice if I have the rack on when you turn the park assist on and are in ‘drive’ the rear rack doesn’t activate the audible chime.

dickp

First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dickpitini.com
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4
Country flag
A Couple of more shots of the bike carrier in the position I will use when not carrying the bike, but leaving the carrier on the Taycan. Think most of the time I will just remove it completely unless I plan to carry the bike regularly. It is pretty quick to put on & take off.

Porsche Taycan The Porsche Tequipment Rear Bicycle Carrier For Cross Turismo IMG_1082.JPG

Porsche Taycan The Porsche Tequipment Rear Bicycle Carrier For Cross Turismo IMG_1083.JPG

bah1590

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4
Country flag
A Couple of more shots of the bike carrier in the position I will use when not carrying the bike, but leaving the carrier on the Taycan. Think most of the time I will just remove it completely unless I plan to carry the bike regularly. It is pretty quick to put on & take off.

IMG_1082.JPG

IMG_1083.JPG
Looking good! Is there a security feature so someone can not just remove when you park and are out riding?

dickp

First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dickpitini.com
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4
Country flag
Looking good! Is there a security feature so someone can not just remove when you park and are out riding?
There is a small key lock where the tail lights fold that will prevent the carrier from being removed. But it would not prevent it if someone was determined.

bah1590

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4
Country flag
There is a small key lock where the tail lights fold that will prevent the carrier from being removed. But it would not prevent it if someone was determined.
Would the carrier fit inside the car with the seats down?

Bry5on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'70 electric Jaguar, ‘21 Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
Would the carrier fit inside the car with the seats down?
It fits inside the trunk with the seats either up or down, and also with plenty of clearance under the tray. It’s heavy and awkward to load/unload though.

bah1590

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4
Country flag
It fits inside the trunk with the seats either up or down, and also with plenty of clearance under the tray. It’s heavy and awkward to load/unload though.
I have two e-bikes. Any concerns about weight on the rack? I believe it was developed with e-bikes in mind.

Bry5on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'70 electric Jaguar, ‘21 Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
I have two e-bikes. Any concerns about weight on the rack? I believe it was developed with e-bikes in mind.
Definitely no concerns, it’s a beast

Porsche Taycan The Porsche Tequipment Rear Bicycle Carrier For Cross Turismo E217E374-F58C-432B-B692-7A41DDEAAFFC

philbur

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 911 C2 (993), 2015 Cayenne S, 1978 VW Bus
Country flag
I want to mount 4 bikes!! 2 adult and 2 kids.