The ship delivering my Taycan is aesthetically unappealing and has a sissy-sounding name.

Kryptos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I never was able to get that Track My Dream site to work but got a text from my sales rep yesterday indicating that delivery is running ahead of schedule. The car is currently on a boat from Germany to San Diego.

It's a rather unattractive vessel:

Screen Shot 2021-04-30 at 8.56.09 AM.png

I guess I had always imagined the delivery boat would look more like one of those ships on "Below Deck." Naturally, I Googled "who's chief stewardess on the Viking Queen?" but nothing of interest turned up.

For those who are awaiting delivery, I'd be curious to know if the name of your delivery ship was worse than Viking Queen. If so, what was it?

What's the next step after the vessel docks? My dealer is Porsche of San Diego and the arrival port is also in San Diego so presumably transport should be fairly quick. Does the ship's "bosun" drive it from the ship to the dealer? Ship arrives May 8 and I'm wondering how long it'll take to get it to the dealer, install the updates, etc.
festus, take solace in the fact that your boat looks far better than the Golden Ray does in this pic.

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/a35877638/golden-ray-final-voyage/

Mine sat in processing at the dock in RI for a week. Software was already updated when it arrived at the dealer (I asked them about this ~47 times just to make sure) and was two business days to get title/plates etc (in MA). The last few days feel like an eternity, but man is it worth it the wait.

SwissTaycan

First Name
Dieter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S arrived on 23.12.20 and 718 Spyder on order
Country flag
These car carrier vessels are called Ro-Ro carriers. They are indeed not the most attractive vessels as they are essentially a car park crossing an ocean. Ro-Ro stands for roll on - roll off as a car, bus truck can drive on and off using their own power and not other handling equipment needed.

OP
OP
festus_mcBitcoin

festus_mcBitcoin

First Name
Festus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 911 Turbo S, 2021 TTS (June 11)
Country flag
festus, take solace in the fact that your boat looks far better than the Golden Ray does in this pic.

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/a35877638/golden-ray-final-voyage/

Mine sat in processing at the dock in RI for a week. Software was already updated when it arrived at the dealer (I asked them about this ~47 times just to make sure) and was two business days to get title/plates etc (in MA). The last few days feel like an eternity, but man is it worth it the wait.
Wow, what a disaster!

SeattleYates

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S, PanameraTurbo,993cab,i8/M5/M3/914
Country flag
That looks like a pretty secure ship, probably meant for high value containers. Nothing sitting on the deck.
Definitely.

Cheaper vehicles presumably travel on the MV Viking Princess, Viking Duchess, and Viking Lady In Waiting. Only the top of the royal-babe-named-vessel heirarchy for us! :rock:

Ferdinand

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S as of Feb 2021; before, BMW i3
Country flag
I never was able to get that Track My Dream site to work but got a text from my sales rep yesterday indicating that delivery is running ahead of schedule. The car is currently on a boat from Germany to San Diego.

It's a rather unattractive vessel:

Screen Shot 2021-04-30 at 8.56.09 AM.png

I guess I had always imagined the delivery boat would look more like one of those ships on "Below Deck." Naturally, I Googled "who's chief stewardess on the Viking Queen?" but nothing of interest turned up.

For those who are awaiting delivery, I'd be curious to know if the name of your delivery ship was worse than Viking Queen. If so, what was it?

What's the next step after the vessel docks? My dealer is Porsche of San Diego and the arrival port is also in San Diego so presumably transport should be fairly quick. Does the ship's "bosun" drive it from the ship to the dealer? Ship arrives May 8 and I'm wondering how long it'll take to get it to the dealer, install the updates, etc.
My 2021 4S came over to the East Coast and then Houston on the good ship MediterraneanHighway (yes, that’s the name), which looks a bit like a rust bucket compared to the Viking Queen. It took less than a week from dropping off at Houston to delivery to me in St. Louis on Groundhog Day, and everything was fine. (I suspect if one crossed swords with a Viking queen in a previous life, one wouldn’t refer to her as a sissy!)
Porsche Taycan The ship delivering my Taycan is aesthetically unappealing and has a sissy-sounding name. D71D4C57-E4AE-4532-9C58-ECFE8A703FBD

My4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 4S
Country flag

My Taycan was also shipped to San Diego for delivery to Porsche Carlsbad. The ship was named the Cronos Leader and it took three weeks to travel from Emden to San Diego arriving on August 20th. I don't know the date when the dealer received the car but they finished detailing and a software update and I picked the car up nine days after it arrived in Port.
Total time from ordering to delivery was 7 ½ months due to the factory shutting down for 3 months and the car sitting at Emden for 12 weeks waiting to be loaded on a ship. Long time but I'm really happy with the car.

Pwh819

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Cross Turismo - Chalk
Country flag
Mine was on the Siem Aristotle which I believe is also the name of an ED medicine. Somewhat appropriate no?

Swede-ish

First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Land Rover Defender 110, BMW 530e
Country flag
Haha - you know what they say - it takes one to know one! Sissy Queen....:clap:

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
My car is at the port 5/4 and Siem Confucius arrived today transporting it. Great looking hauler IMO!
Porsche Taycan The ship delivering my Taycan is aesthetically unappealing and has a sissy-sounding name. SC
Sponsored