The ship delivering my Taycan is aesthetically unappealing and has a sissy-sounding name.

festus_mcBitcoin

First Name
Festus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 911 Turbo S, 2021 TTS (June 11)
Country flag
I never was able to get that Track My Dream site to work but got a text from my sales rep yesterday indicating that delivery is running ahead of schedule. The car is currently on a boat from Germany to San Diego.

It's a rather unattractive vessel:

Porsche Taycan The ship delivering my Taycan is aesthetically unappealing and has a sissy-sounding name. Screen Shot 2021-04-30 at 8.56.09 AM

I guess I had always imagined the delivery boat would look more like one of those ships on "Below Deck." Naturally, I Googled "who's chief stewardess on the Viking Queen?" but nothing of interest turned up.

For those who are awaiting delivery, I'd be curious to know if the name of your delivery ship was worse than Viking Queen. If so, what was it?

What's the next step after the vessel docks? My dealer is Porsche of San Diego and the arrival port is also in San Diego so presumably transport should be fairly quick. Does the ship's "bosun" drive it from the ship to the dealer? Ship arrives May 8 and I'm wondering how long it'll take to get it to the dealer, install the updates, etc.
Sponsored

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
From port it will most likely travel my transport truck to your dealer. Usually ~1 week transport time to dealer.

bgatxy1

First Name
b
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
993, RRS, Taycan4S
Country flag
My vessel was Monoceros Leader, 1 week from SoCal port entry to dealer arrival, a couple days for dealer prep/delivery.

Porsche Taycan The ship delivering my Taycan is aesthetically unappealing and has a sissy-sounding name. MONOCEROS LEADER vessel

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Wonder if its related to Viking Cruises or Viking River Cruises. Those are high end options, so maybe your car came on a high end car carrier.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I'm sure with enough time, effort and $'s that you can convince someone to ship your car BACK to Germany and then specify a list of named ships that you would find acceptable to transport your car. I would guess that this will multiply the cost of the car by an integer factor, and take an additional 6 months or so, but - problem solved! :idea:

faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan Turbo, '05 MINI Cooper S
Country flag
I rather liked the moniker on the ship that transported my Turbo: Goodwood.

Stayed on schedule, too.

Last edited:

Spd_Tkt

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 4S, 20 Jeep JLUR, 14 991.1 C2S-MT, 13 BMW K16GT
Country flag
My Taycan 4S is on the same ship. Evidently after your car is unloaded, the Viking Queen will make its next stop at the Port of Benicia, CA on May 14. From there it will take 35 days more to be en route to my dealer, and another week to arrive at my dealer.

Cheers

norwbjorn

First Name
Bjørn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo (oct), Merc All-Terrain, BMW
Country flag
the company owning the vessel is situated in Norway, hence the name, but the ship misses the shields imo:)

mangobay

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST 2023. Cayman GT4 (981); BMW X5 40i
Country flag
To us Northern Europeans there’s something very aesthetically minimalist about your ship. A massive slab of cool in my book. Even without taking into account the fact it’s full of Taycans.

cgfrndpor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E-Tron; 2021 4S; ex_BMW540
Country flag
My car is on ship and in transit to Rhode Island - three weeks ahead of original estimate. It's name - very sophisticated. Siem Plato.
be prepared for torture, lol. I was way ahead of schedule but the ship kept delaying arrival, then it sat more than 2 weeks at port before travelling the huge 74 mi. from RI to the dealer. Ended up a week later than the original projection after repeatedly dangling early arrival at me.
Somehow I survived intact and wow what a beast that car is.

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
I expected my car to be on a ship made from mahogany and premium quality titanium but they put my car on a vessel carrier made from steel. Can you believe it?!
Sponsored