Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
While I do use ACC a fair bit, I never use ALK. I tried it and thought it was awful. Way too sensitive and abrupt.
Sponsored

xyeahtony

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Integra 6MT, 23 CT4S
Country flag
Anyway, all simply alternative viewpoints - none of this is personal and if ADAP is you thing then rock on :)
Nah nothing personal. Just interesting to see very strong viewpoints when it comes to the mechanics of driving, but i guess that's what porsche is about (the driving). Plenty of people would rather just sit in their car and sleep, but others want to feel every inch of the road. Then there's me in the middle. I'd like to drive of course, but doens't mean i wont take some help. I do consider myself lazy after all. Same can be said for anyone who specs a PDK vs a traditional stick-manual on a 911.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Nah nothing personal. Just interesting to see very strong viewpoints when it comes to the mechanics of driving, but i guess that's what porsche is about (the driving). Plenty of people would rather just sit in their car and sleep, but others want to feel every inch of the road. Then there's me in the middle. I'd like to drive of course, but doens't mean i wont take some help. I do consider myself lazy after all. Same can be said for anyone who specs a PDK vs a traditional stick-manual on a 911.
My first non-stick car in 40 years of cars was my last one - I figure it was prep for the CT ;)

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Driving a “assisted driving” car feels to me like it would be like sitting next to a novice learner driver and worrying what they may do next and having to be ready to take the control at any unexpected moment.
Worse, it’s like babysitting a novice learner driver who is known to have unexpected seizures from time to time, occasional narcolepsy, and has no self-preservation instincts. It takes way more mental resources than just driving yourself.