BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Anyone know if there is a setting in the car that disables the tailgate from opening via the button in the bumper?

Car had the big update a few days ago. Pretty much all of the personal settings in the car are all as before (radio stations, sports chronology, phone etc). But i did note it had changed the unlock settings from 'open all doors' at same time, to just open the driver's. I changed it back to all doors - not sure if that's linked or not.

Now after a drive, turn off car etc, the tailgate won't open with the button in the bumper unless i lock the car and unlock it again. It will work with the key.

Any thoughts?
Sponsored

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Have no idea.
Using a button, mine worked, but i had to enable “open by foot” again.

maybe something failed mechanicaly?
I had a case, when tailgate didn’t close anymore (it also didn’t open by foot), but it was possible to open by button….and they replaced some switch(es)…under warranty.

OP
OP
BigBob

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Have no idea.
Using a button, mine worked, but i had to enable “open by foot” again.

maybe something failed mechanicaly?
I had a case, when tailgate didn’t close anymore (it also didn’t open by foot), but it was possible to open by button….and they replaced some switch(es)…under warranty.
I don't have comfort access, so no foot options!

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
I don’t know…but if it works when using a key, then must be something wrong with a button.

Lars

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 911 C4S Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
Anyone know if there is a setting in the car that disables the tailgate from opening via the button in the bumper?

Car had the big update a few days ago. Pretty much all of the personal settings in the car are all as before (radio stations, sports chronology, phone etc). But i did note it had changed the unlock settings from 'open all doors' at same time, to just open the driver's. I changed it back to all doors - not sure if that's linked or not.

Now after a drive, turn off car etc, the tailgate won't open with the button in the bumper unless i lock the car and unlock it again. It will work with the key.

Any thoughts?
This is just a guess. But I remember there being settings whereby you can unlock the car and select which doors (possibly boot) are unlocked upon first press. Mine are set to unlock all doors but maybe yours has removed the boot from that? Just have a look at the unlock settings... it may be if you switch on and off it starts working again?

OP
OP
BigBob

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This is just a guess. But I remember there being settings whereby you can unlock the car and select which doors (possibly boot) are unlocked upon first press. Mine are set to unlock all doors but maybe yours has removed the boot from that? Just have a look at the unlock settings... it may be if you switch on and off it starts working again?
Yep. They had changed, but had moved them back again. Will check to see if their is an additional boot setting in that menu.

Lars

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 911 C4S Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
Yep. They had changed, but had moved them back again. Will check to see if their is an additional boot setting in that menu.
I just went out and checked myself and I didn’t see a boot setting after all. Sounds like a glitch (annoying one at that) .

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

Any thoughts?
No separate boot opening option in PCM just the foot gesture thing if you have Comfort option.

Try double tap on keyfob unlock button (this would also unlock all doors too) and then press the boot release on the car.

OP
OP
BigBob

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Seems to have sorted itself out. I think it was linked to the change in unlocking settings. When i changed it back to open all doors, it obviously didn't reset it (i..e boot was still locked) until the next cycle of the car being shut off/locked up.
Anyway, thanks for your thoughts.

RGBArgee

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCrossT.992 Turbo S.Audi S3 8Y, MG Midget
Country flag

Any thoughts?
Got my car back yesterday… 2 months without a functioning boot. Went in for range upgrade mid October and recall and no boot since. Replacement lock needed. Range fix TBC … not impressed awaiting Porsche Customer Service response or I’m off!

ineedanoriginal

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
Got my car back yesterday… 2 months without a functioning boot. Went in for range upgrade mid October and recall and no boot since. Replacement lock needed. Range fix TBC … not impressed awaiting Porsche Customer Service response or I’m off!
Mine seems to be having issues too. In the last 10 days I've had two instances where I couldn't open the boot. I don't have Comfort Opening just normal opening options but the button on the remote, the button on the boot, or the PCM method would work. I've no idea what is causing it but it is very annoying. It'll have to go back to Porsche for an inspection.

M00nlight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Rs3
Country flag
Mine seems to be having issues too. In the last 10 days I've had two instances where I couldn't open the boot. I don't have Comfort Opening just normal opening options but the button on the remote, the button on the boot, or the PCM method would work. I've no idea what is causing it but it is very annoying. It'll have to go back to Porsche for an inspection.
Did you solve this? I have same issue now…cannot open boot via any method

ineedanoriginal

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Did you solve this? I have same issue now…cannot open boot via any method
No, I didn't get it sorted yet. I took it to my Porsche garage 2 weeks ago for a diagnosis and am back there tomorrow to get it fixed. Their diagnosis reported that there seemed to be water ingress in the tailgate and that was causing the failure. Hopefully they'll figure out what caused it and fix that too! Good luck with yours.

M00nlight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Rs3
Country flag
No, I didn't get it sorted yet. I took it to my Porsche garage 2 weeks ago for a diagnosis and am back there tomorrow to get it fixed. Their diagnosis reported that there seemed to be water ingress in the tailgate and that was causing the failure. Hopefully they'll figure out what caused it and fix that too! Good luck with yours.
Cool. Hope it’s an easy fix!

ineedanoriginal

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Cool. Hope it’s an easy fix!
They've booked it in for 2 days as the whole of the back needs to come off.

I get to play in a Panamera e-hybrid sport turismo whilst they have it so it isn't all bad.

It's all under warranty at least!
Sponsored