First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
3rd instalment just published

Electric Road Trip: The Porsche Taycan Turbo S Can Give You Whiplash On The Right Road
“Please, sir, can I have another launch?”
BY JONATHON KLEIN MARCH 7, 2020

https://www.thedrive.com/new-cars/3...rbo-s-can-give-you-whiplash-on-the-right-road
Porsche Taycan TheDrive: Driving a Porsche Taycan Turbo S from Atlanta to Amelia Island Screenshot_20200307-100919

A great explanation IMHO of the Taycan's Electric Sport Sound from Jonothon:
Sport+ also turns on the Taycan's Porsche Electric Sport Sound. Fake sounds are lame!, you shout. But Porsche's solution to give its electric cars some sonic character isn't fake. Engineers brought the entire drivetrain into a recording studio—sans Taycan body—and laid down a fat EV track, recording all the electric whirs and mechanical noises it made while being run to the limit. They then ran it through an equalizer, matched the recording to the car's rpms, and turned the volume all the way up. So yes, it's boosted in the well-insulated cabin, but there's nothing artificial about what you're hearing.

The result is a Blade Runner-esque score, both futuristic and somehow reminiscent of other Porsches. I absolutely love it...

Last edited:
OP
OP
ron_b

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
4th instalment

Electric Road Trip: The Porsche Taycan Turbo S Is More Than a 'Something' Killer
Four days behind the wheel show we’ve been thinking about the Taycan all wrong.
BY CALEBBY JONATHON KLEIN
MARCH 8, 2020​
https://www.thedrive.com/new-cars/3...aycan-turbo-s-is-more-than-a-something-killer
Porsche Taycan TheDrive: Driving a Porsche Taycan Turbo S from Atlanta to Amelia Island Screenshot_20200308-115903

There will be those who disagree, but after four days behind the wheel, this is where I’m at. The Porsche Taycan Turbo S is an amazing car built by an extremely talented car company. I’m addicted to its acceleration, handling, and flowing, alluring design. No car on the road drives quite like it; it'll be a few weeks before its afterglow fades from my mind. I came in with many thoughts and preconceived notions, and the Taycan Turbo S blew them out of the water.

OP
OP
ron_b

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
A summary from Car And Driver

Porsche Put Historic Racing Liveries on These 2020 Taycans
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a31468266/2020-porsche-taycan-racing-livery-amelia-island/

Porsche Taycan TheDrive: Driving a Porsche Taycan Turbo S from Atlanta to Amelia Island Screenshot_20200313-220715

In 1971, just after Porsche's first win at Le Mans, the 917 race car was aerodynamically modified and widened, giving the car's designers the idea to paint it pink and put markings of cuts of meat on it and the nickname "The Pink Pig." Logical, right? This 2020 Taycan has it all, from the pink paint, the number 23, dotted lines representing cuts of meat, and we think it looks mighty good with the white-rimmed 21-inch Mission E design wheels.

OP
OP
ron_b

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag