atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
[s] 2021 Taycan AWD [\s] 2022 Rivian R1T
Country flag
Minor braying for now, but the last two times it’s escalated to bray-cophony the more the friction brakes are used, so fully expecting that to happen shortly.
Sponsored

evn00b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S, '14 Lexus IS, '22 Hyundai Palisade
Country flag
Keep us posted. I have shared this thread with my SA. I wonder how the other goat owners on this thread are faring?

T-Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Taycan CT4, 23 911T, 24 Rivian R1S, 71 BMW 2002
Country flag
Mine went in for this about 2 months ago and they replaced the master cylinder, break servo and replaced the break fluid. Sounds like they weren’t completely satisfied with the feel after the new parts went in so they performed an additional brake fluid flush, which seemed to solve whatever the lingering issue was. So far so good. Breaks feel rock solid again. Will update if the issue recurs.

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
btw, just so I'm clear, this braying is not the same as a sort of air whooshing sound I hear when I apply my brakes at lowish (city streets) speeds to come to a stop, is it? Because I have that, and just sort of figured it was normal.

evn00b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No this literally sounds like a goat. Even the Porsche mechanic started laughing when he heard it. Hoping they fix it proper.🤞🏽

OP
OP
atebit

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yup, mine started around the 5K mark as well.

gtCarrera

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
MY 22 RWD, the goat started to come around 2k miles. I brought the car in for the alarm fix (WNB4), and also checked for this issue. The dealer told me the goat is a pretty frequent complaint of the car, "you're definitely not the first". Ran some test and they said everything is normal.

evn00b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
SA told me they will start with a flush and then run additional diagnostics. I have already shared the Porsche bulletin with them.

OP
OP
atebit

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
MY 22 RWD, the goat started to come around 2k miles. I brought the car in for the alarm fix (WNB4), and also checked for this issue. The dealer told me the goat is a pretty frequent complaint of the car, "you're definitely not the first". Ran some test and they said everything is normal.
If it’s the same issue, eventually you will have stored codes for “excessive brake pedal travel”. In addition to noticing that you have excessive brake pedal travel while the front camera shows you closing in rather quickly on that parking block…

Taking my car back to service probably tomorrow afternoon, SA is saying they will probably have to open a case with Porsche since they’ve already done all the things for this issue.

Last edited:

evn00b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Reporting back….Dealer released the car back to me after confirming with Porsche tech in Germany that issue is resolved. Diagnosis was air in brake lines and they only bled the brakes and did not replace the master cylinder. The brakes now behave normally like an ICE car’s and finally I can park the damn thing without turning on ParkAssist cameras every time. Let’s see how long it lasts. I already informed the SAs and techs that I may be back in a few 1000 miles and a brake flush won’t suffice then. Wife is happy to have her car back and not being afraid of the thing lurching into the next car or a wall, like a drunk attempting a kiss.

OP
OP
atebit

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just got the car back again. The SA told me that they went off-board based on the advice of whoever they were troubleshooting with in Germany and did an additional brake bleed. However, this time they were given a procedure on how to recalibrate the brake pedal travel sensor during the bleed (apparently this isn’t SOP during a flush/fill/bleed job). They are hoping this does the trick. So I guess it’s 🍿 for the next 2-3 months since that’s how long it usually takes for the goat to start complaining.

Also, could not do the front wiring harness due to Repo Man style generic “reasons”. Assuming the replacement harness was all supply-chainy.

Porsche Taycan There’s a goat stuck in my front brakes 1655288695676

irrelevant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, e-tron, C7 Corvette, Piper Aerostar
Country flag
Thanks for sharing the service bulletin, and your experience.

I got an insulting e-mail from the service advisor that read this is normal, and "brake squeal" is to be expected. 🤬 I had to wait a few moments to cool down before responding.

I didn't realize in error I'd checked the option box for "service department that assumes you're a moron".

Slappy_G

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo sedan, Audi S6
Country flag
Is there any reason to believe this would occur on a 2021 or newer vehicle once it has accumulated over 15K miles? Or is this kind of a "infant age issue" with these cars?
Sponsored