Abajansns

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Panamera, Audi Q5, Mazda CX-5, BMW 330 I
Country flag
Does anybody have the noise and heat insulated glass is it worth it for about one thousand dollars more
Sponsored

timc3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT Turbo, BMW 330e
Country flag
I have it, and I have 21" wheels. The tyre noise is the most significant noise coming into the car now but I noticed when travelling over the weekend that it was no problem holding a conversation at quite low volume while travelling on a fairly good road surface..

Reactions: X88

TonO

First Name
Ton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Sport Turismo
Country flag
I have it and it is very nice. Woud order it the next time also.

X88

First Name
Zain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I have it and I am very happy with it. Love the silence in the car.
I moved from a Panamera GTS to a Taycan GTS. Very similar performance options specced on both cars, and I've had a little Taycan experience from test drives and an overnight loaner. Having driven the Taycan GTS for a month now, the ride and handling are pretty much as I had expected ... excellent.

But I did option the noise and thermal insulating glass and the Burmester sound system, which I did not have on the Panamera. The silence is awesome and well worth the cost of the insulated glass option and I find myself listening to more music now! Totally agree with post #5 and #6; tire roar is quite apparent on Houston area concrete roads and freeways, especially above 70mph. So paradoxically I find myself driving slower in the Taycan compared to the Panamera so that I can enjoy the silence 😂

Be aware though that the insulated glass messes up radar detectors significantly, and poses challenges for toll tags and similar windshield RFID tags (ref: https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...d-glass-phone-reception-tint.8906/post-190218)

Last edited:

johnarpy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I had a Taycan RWD without and bought a Turbo S with it and it changes everything.
Sponsored