Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
What’s the next crisis then Once heaters are sorted?

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Well there's several options to chose from. Starting at catastrophic failures of HV batteries, gearboxes, air suspensions, etc down to annoyances related to infotainment.

Let's see what MY24 reserves for us.

We already had a 12v year and a HV heater year. Can't remember the prior years and too lazy to Google.

jkjjpc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 BMW X5 40i, 2020 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
Has anyone in the US received the updated heater repair? I have been waiting for about 6 weeks.

Boss Hogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, 981 GT4
Country flag
Good to see them getting on top of it at last. Has anyone had compensation from Porsche for long periods without their car due to the heater failures? My brother recently received a £3.5k cheque from Audi UK (actually Volkswagen UK) when his E-tron GT was off the road for 8 weeks awaiting a new heater?

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Does "resolving the shortage" of high-voltage heaters - which has reduced production - mean the heaters now installed at the factory and supplied to dealers for replacements won't fail so often?
In other words, does parts shortage fix mean heater failure fix?

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
Interestingly: " Porsche has prioritised replacing the defective units in existing cars over fitting them to new ones waiting on the production line, creating a bottleneck in the output of the electric super-saloon."

Have not heard in a while from folks whose cars were held in fields for 6 months - or were those neither existing cars nor new ones?

(Oh yeah: obligatory "/s")

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
Does "resolving the shortage" of high-voltage heaters - which has reduced production - mean the heaters now installed at the factory and supplied to dealers for replacements won't fail so often?
In other words, does parts shortage fix mean heater failure fix?
Yes, or so I'm interpreting this: " Meschke added: “Now we're in a very steep ramp-up curve together with our supplier when it comes to the higher-voltage heating system, and therefore we expect an increase in the BEV share in the upcoming months." [...] stating that the reduction in BEV share at Porsche is “only caused by supply-chain disruptions and limited parts availability”. "

So presumably that means "fixed part in short supply". I'll wait until Nov to have mine break and being replaced.. ;)

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo, Eletre R (on order)
Country flag
SO are they still fitting the Webasto heaters or have they found a better supplier, that can honour its 10,000 hour life claims?

Marmolata

First Name
RJS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
SO are they still fitting the Webasto heaters or have they found a better supplier, that can honour its 10,000 hour life claims?
it probably still weba because i am sure Porsche is getting significant compensation for the defective ones from weba.

Mac_Gaz

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Must be still fitting the same, unfit for purpose, heaters as mine has just failed again. Five weeks after being replaced (following a 10 week wait). It’s beyond funny now.

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Or they're holding the upgraded' ones for factory and fitting existing stock of the old ones into cars on the road. Nobody knows

Hanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S Carmine Red
Country flag
Would have thought that they stand to be more open to compensation claims from current owners than delaying new deliveries.

So uneducated guess would be that they prioritise the current owners before new orders/delivery.
Sponsored