daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
no doubt Tesla P models are quick and well priced for their relative performance - the existing manufactures don’t quite know what to do with electric - and handicapping HP/Performance to artificially create market price point segments doesn’t work as well IMHO as it used to with ICE products where there were more variables to tweak…

it will be interesting to see how this all plays out over the next few years, but Porsche is in a bind - if they priced the Taycan to be “competitive” they would be eating their own in their pricing scheme of their other still ICE vehicles…

Taycanturbolondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I have a Taycan Turbo and i had some recent 'track' experience. The car accelerates like a 700 hp 1.5 tonne super car to 100mph, 100-130mph like 500hp Gran Tourer 2.2tonne coupe car, then 130+ like a hot hatch (meaning it runs out of puff). But its all irrelevant, overall it drives like an absolute dream

Pete85

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, X1 hybrid
Country flag
You're on. What do you want to bet that a 2020/2021 Macan GTS with sport chrono beats a base 2021 Taycan with sport chrono 0-60? I would literally take this bet for pink slips.
the bet is on on the 1/4 mile

edit: with performance battery plus ;)

Last edited:

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
Top speed - a great metric for any car. After all, you can most likely only reach it on certain stretches of the autobahn at night during weekends when there is no road construction.

Rcrewse7

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2013 G550, 2016 Metris
Country flag
The SportWow video appears to have the only measurable acceleration data for the Taycan RWD outside of Porsche’s stated figures, and there is some interesting info to gleen from it. He does two acceleration tests in it using what appears to be a and manages the following figures:

Run 1 – 0-60 in 5.118 seconds, quarter mile in 13.28 seconds

Run 2 – 0-60 in 5.26 seconds, quarter mile in 12.71 seconds

Reference Porsche Official figures of 0-60 in 5.1 seconds, and quarter mile in 13.5 seconds

Some mitigating factors to consider:

• Performance Battery Plus
  • Cold, wet weather
  • Summer tires?
  • Remaining Range at start of 1st run is 169 miles, meaning 65-70% charge. Not sure if Taycan’s are as sensitive to battery charge as Tesla’s are when going for max acceleration.
He does say that the acceleration when rolling is pretty good, and Porsche does provide some stats on this on their European sites as follows:

80-120km/h Performance Battery – 3.0 seconds

80-120km/h Performance Battery Plus – 2.7 seconds

For reference the 4S states 2.3 seconds for this same test. Pretty close to the performance battery plus stat.

Here are some other interesting stats straight off Porsche’s website:

Macan Turbo 80-120 – 2.9 seconds

Panamera 4s 80-120 – 2.8 seconds

Cayenne Turbo – 80-120 – 2.7 seconds

When considering in-gear acceleration, it looks like the Taycan RWD is in good company of cars that do 0-60 in around 4 seconds.

Having put a deposit down for a RWD scheduled for delivery in May, and unable to test drive one until March, I’ve concluded that Porsche has detuned this from a dead stop in order to preserve model hierarchy with the 4S, but once rolling, will be very enjoyable car to drive so long as you’re not expecting to drag race people. Can’t wait to get my car.

OP
OP
Tay Tay

Tay Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street
Country flag
Run 1 – 0-60 in 5.118 seconds, quarter mile in 13.28 seconds
Run 2 – 0-60 in 5.26 seconds, quarter mile in 12.71 seconds
For the second run that was just elapsed time so far for the quarter mile, but he hadn't reached a quarter mile yet before he stopped. If he had, the large box on the right of the vbox would change to 1/4 mile time.

Rcrewse7

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2013 G550, 2016 Metris
Country flag
For the second run that was just elapsed time so far for the quarter mile, but he hadn't reached a quarter mile yet before he stopped. If he had, the large box on the right of the vbox would change to 1/4 mile time.
Thanks for noting that, good catch.

OP
OP
Tay Tay

Tay Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Pete85

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, X1 hybrid
Country flag
Not what you were originally talking about (wind resistance really favors the Taycan here) but deal! My current submission for the Macan GTS: 12.6 sec @ 107 mph
https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a33805569/2020-porsche-macan-gts-by-the-numbers/

So far Carwow got 13.28 with the Performance Battery Plus per @Rcrewse7. I do think it can do a bit better but can it be over half a second faster?
I hope C&D catch a good day. They have normally the fastest numbers. I reckon you could use fastest laps, too :) 13.16....
https://fastestlaps.com/tests/35n77kklusnj

btw 12.6 is plenty enough for me, that's what my old M3 E92 did. At the moment I am thinking should I order a stripped down 4S or a Taycan with 30 K of extras. Tough choice......

OP
OP
Tay Tay

Tay Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag