This is why the Taycan is the way to go

RCorsa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TTS, F8, Urus S , Raptor R, X5, Tesla M3P
Country flag
If you want a quality car for $150k plus. This is legit been my experience with tesla for the past few years since introducing the mass produced 3/y lines

Sponsored

f10tt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan, 2022 Cayenne, 2021 Bronco
Country flag
If you want a quality car for $150k plus. This is legit been my experience with tesla for the past few years since introducing the mass produced 3/y lines

Not alone. Our experience with our last 3 Teslas, including a Plaid.

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
People that drive Teslas only care of about 0-60, screen interaction, Charging network (Which most dont use that often)

A friend wanted a Y, I showed him one at a Tesla store in a mall which he said "we know this, but we dont buy a Tesla for its quality"

• Haha
Reactions: B61

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag
As I have stated before on this forum, I would much rather drive a Tesla than almost any ICE vehicle, BUT, Teslas are very quickly entering the realm of "Antique EVs." Had they merged with Toyota a few years ago, they could have collectively created something amazing. But as it now stands, both Toyota and Tesla are quickly losing their mojo. Toyota may still have a chance, but Tesla, without FSD and the personal mobility possibilities that entails, will not be long for this world with their last-century product quality.

OP
OP
RCorsa

RCorsa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TTS, F8, Urus S , Raptor R, X5, Tesla M3P
Country flag
Yes I agree. I still own a model 3 performance that I’m keeping for my sons 16th next year but it’s generally a crap car. My wife drove it for a while and it’s 3 years old and about 30k miles and lots of creaks and squeaks along the road. Been trying to get the FSD beta but you need like 99% safety score to get the invite and in order to get it you can’t even use the brake pedal. We have a very steep driveway and you have to use the brakes as regen is not strong enough with the incline so the car dings us for “hard braking”. Litterally since signing up Ive never used the brakes except on the driveway to avoid going into the lake

Porsche Taycan This is why the Taycan is the way to go 91D2E924-9CA7-4A84-A9DE-774C25D6533B

npx

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
You're giving your son a Model 3 Performance as his first car?

• Wow

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
You're giving your son a Model 3 Performance as his first car?
What could possibly go wrong? We had a local kid in his mom's Model X who (drunkenly) took a turn way too fast, crashed into a gas station (got out, thankfully) and the fire department spent a full day trying to put out the fire.
Porsche Taycan This is why the Taycan is the way to go ed-4c41-9dd4-0a0015daaa27-MetroTeslaCrash_frame_74

Sand dancer

First Name
Graeme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 996 turbo S, Taycan Spt Tur due Jan '23
Country flag
What could possibly go wrong? We had a local kid in his mom's Model X who (drunkenly) took a turn way too fast, crashed into a gas station (got out, thankfully) and the fire department spent a full day trying to put out the fire.
ed-4c41-9dd4-0a0015daaa27-MetroTeslaCrash_frame_74.jpg
I am not sure that’s a youth or Tesla issue, more incompetent (aka drunk) driver and a gas station.

npx

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
having been a 16 year old newly minted driver less than 12 years ago, I wouldn't trust a 16 year old with 200 hp, not to mention ~500 hp and a sub 4 second 0-60

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
People that drive Teslas only care of about 0-60, screen interaction, Charging network (Which most dont use that often)

A friend wanted a Y, I showed him one at a Tesla store in a mall which he said "we know this, but we dont buy a Tesla for its quality"
I think most of the M3 kids buy it because they fall for the SM garbage out there. Once they learn more about car ownership, and see that T IS NOT Apple, many will move on.

outie

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, McLaren 720S Spider, Taycan GTS
Country flag
Been driving Model X since 2016 and added a Model 3 Performance in 2018, full EV household since then. While the build quality isn't Tesla greatest strength, you can't dismiss their strength in OTA updates, Supercharger Network, mobile service, and software features like built-in dashcam, sentry mode, video streaming, etc. For less than 1/2 the price of my GTS, I could drive the Model 3P easily (and just as fast) without worrying hitting the front bumper or scraping the bottom, or the need of lifting everywhere like I do every single day with the GTS.
Sponsored