Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I needed to fill up my favourite ICE cabriolet yesterday, in preparation for an Contol Technique ( like MOT in U.K.) Due to the pandemic and lockdowns I have not been able to put the ICE to proper long distance driving for some time. I have only driven it locally and the same trips as the Taycan. The trips mean a decent and climb of about 525 meters every time. Mix driving in villages, traffic and some smaller stretch of motorway.

Ouch.

Porsche Taycan This is why we love to drive an EV! B0E6EF6A-6C66-4F50-8697-D106583C8433

The distance travelled was just 350 km’s.

With the Taycans consumption as indicated in the car, 20,1 kWh per 100 km. My electricity cost per kWh in night time tariff is 0.13 Euro per kWh.

The Taycan could have driven about 4,750 kms for the same cost!!!

:eek: :headbang:
Sponsored

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag
I needed to fill up my favourite ICE cabriolet yesterday, in preparation for an Contol Technique ( like MOT in U.K.) Due to the pandemic and lockdowns I have not been able to put the ICE to proper long distance driving for some time. I have only driven it locally and the same trips as the Taycan. The trips mean a decent and climb of about 525 meters every time. Mix driving in villages, traffic and some smaller stretch of motorway.

Ouch.

B0E6EF6A-6C66-4F50-8697-D106583C8433.jpeg

The distance travelled was just 350 km’s.

With the Taycans consumption as indicated in the car, 20,1 kWh per 100 km. My electricity cost per kWh in night time tariff is 0.13 Euro per kWh.

The Taycan could have driven about 4,750 kms for the same cost!!!

:eek: :headbang:
Sooner or later, the rest of the world will figure this out. In the US, some of us love EVs because we only pay 6 or 7 cents per kWh (when we are not sponging free juice at work) and, like you, we get to avoid those nasty, covid-infected gas pumps. With my current driving pattern, ~10,000 miles per year, and charging at work during weekdays, 125 euros pretty much covers my annual out of pocket "fuel" expense. What's not to love.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
After a month of ownership, I have worked out that my Taycan 'fuel' costs about 5% of what my previous car (M2) cost.

Based on Shell V Power at £1.50/l

Octopus Go night rate at 5p/kwh

I was also paying £92pm for my BMW extended warranty and c£30 car tax.
Total saving is about £300pm which effectively buys me an £85k Taycan v say a £70k M3/4.
And I know which one of those should hold its value best over the next 4 years.

I don't think the majority of people are aware of this yet. I can see a major fall in ICE car used prices when the general public start doing the maths.
Sponsored