Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Unfortunately, no. The PTS build would have no discounts but more importantly, my rep said the delivery date will be pushed by atleast another 4 months over and above the non-PTS build time. I'm not sure how accurate that is. We are still debating re doing PTS vs time.
That sounds correct, PTS builds always take longer and currently are being de-prioritized. My guess would be 2-3mo, but can easily be 4mo given the current delays.
Sponsored

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
Unfortunately, no. The PTS build would have no discounts but more importantly, my rep said the delivery date will be pushed by atleast another 4 months over and above the non-PTS build time. I'm not sure how accurate that is. We are still debating re doing PTS vs time.
Allocation for PTS for a Turbo was a December build, delivered Feb 22

Klepper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
3% off a new custom build seems like a much better deal. Only 12% incremental for a car exactly how you want to spec it, and TWO model years newer!

OP
OP
GG77

GG77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Cayenne S
Country flag
3% off a new custom build seems like a much better deal. Only 12% incremental for a car exactly how you want to spec it, and TWO model years newer!
Yeah that's my thought. Right now it's all up to my wife. Taking her for a 4S experience day tomw at PEC LA. If she's game to wait a few months after she's tried the car properly, I'll place the order and get the commission number. I'm thinking she will.

hkarthik

First Name
Karthik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S White
Country flag
I was in the market for a custom build on a 4S, but it's looking like a 20% off deal on a 2020 Turbo Demo might put me in the same price range. Should I go for that instead?

A friendly recently got a well equipped Turbo as a dealer demo. Punched in as 4 years original + 2 years CPO so he's got a 6 year warranty now for a car with less than 500 miles on it.

Any risks with doing this? Seems like it's the way to go for anyone looking to score a deal on a loaded Taycan.

OP
OP
GG77

GG77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Cayenne S
Country flag
Yeah that's my thought. Right now it's all up to my wife. Taking her for a 4S experience day tomw at PEC LA. If she's game to wait a few months after she's tried the car properly, I'll place the order and get the commission number. I'm thinking she will.
Done and done. The experience day at PEC LA was excellent. Wife loved the 4S and we stopped on the way back home at the dealership and confirmed the order. Funny thing is by the time we got back home, they had sent us the Porsche TYD link and the commission number. Seemed quicker than I thought it would be.

I'm guessing this though means stuff like the power controls for steering wheel?

Porsche Taycan Thoughts on discount for unused 'used' 2020 Taycan WhatsApp Image 2021-08-06 at 2.35.55 PM

OP
OP
GG77

GG77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Cayenne S
Country flag
I was in the market for a custom build on a 4S, but it's looking like a 20% off deal on a 2020 Turbo Demo might put me in the same price range. Should I go for that instead?

A friendly recently got a well equipped Turbo as a dealer demo. Punched in as 4 years original + 2 years CPO so he's got a 6 year warranty now for a car with less than 500 miles on it.

Any risks with doing this? Seems like it's the way to go for anyone looking to score a deal on a loaded Taycan.
seems like a good deal if you can get a CPO Turbo on those terms!

kev0927

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Audi E-tron
Country flag
I was able to get a Taycan Turbo demo couple of weeks ago for 22% off (35k discount) with 400 miles on it
I had a Cross Turismo on order but with it being delayed to January I just didn’t want to wait.
The car has significantly more options than what I had wanted but hey a turbo for “just” $20k more. I just couldn’t pass it up. It’s definitely been worth it

same as yours warranty was punched April 28th.

I will get a new Taycan in 2-3 years. Hopefully depreciation doesn’t hit me too much considering the $35k plus $9k in rebates I got for the car.

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag
For what it's worth - working with dozens of dealerships (we do their marketing - but also get a lot of insights from calls with the dealerships and Porsche NA), used-car resale values have skyrocketed because of the inventory crunch. While I helped some get 15%+ off 2020's and 6-8% off new-builds just a year ago, the market has tightened significantly. 0-2% off is the national average on new builds currently - and that includes waiting a few months for an allocation.

I've seen a few 2020's sell for 5-10% off MSRP in the last 30-60 days, which seems insane to me. My thought process would be that if you can wait for 2022's to arrive, they'll have to discount the left-over 2020's even more - but who knows in this market. Most people I've spoken to believe the inventory crunch will last through Q4 and might even spill over into 2022.

Also, aside from the general advise of not buying a first MY car, the 2021's had some small updates that in my eye's at least made it worth while. Personally, I did a custom build for a 2021 vs. taking a huge discount for a 2020.
I tried a rather unorthodox strategy for my MY21: contacted dealers in smaller markets that are (politely speaking) not very into the greening of America -- figuring that EVs are not exactly jumping off the shelves in those locals. And it seems to have worked. I got 7% off MSRP on my custom order. The dealer is hundreds of miles away from my home but I could care less as I was planning to pick up the car at PEC Atlanta.
Sponsored