B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
I believe that you would get 25% for ICE….but for Taycan?
of course, I wish you all the best, but anything higher than 15%, would be very well.
Sponsored

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi,

I have a 4S on order for myself but we've been going back and forth for a car for my wife. I found a 2020 model in a color she likes. The dealer says the car is new but since they are not supposed to have new 2020 models in stock, as per Porsche terms, it's listed as 'Used'. Is that plausible?

Secondly, they're offering a 10% discount on MSRP for this heavily optioned car. Is that too low for a car that's been sitting on the lot for a long time (production date May 2020).

Lastly they say it was punched as 'in-service' in April 2021 and that's when the factory warranty started. Car has less than 50 miles on it and lists with no previous owner. It's also finance or purchase only, no lease.

I'm just wondering if this is worth considering and at what discount?

Thoughts appreciated.
10% is too small a discount for a car they're selling as “used”. I wouldn't settle for less than 15%.

didau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E550, ML
Country flag
Since it was used then you will loose 10k EV credit-->~10%
Plus 2 year old and 1/2 year warranty less.

It is up to your needs but those are thing to keep in mind

OP
OP
GG77

GG77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Cayenne S
Country flag
Since it was used then you will loose 10k EV credit-->~10%
Plus 2 year old and 1/2 year warranty less.

It is up to your needs but those are thing to keep in mind
My understanding is that since the car was never registered, it still qualifies for state and federal tax credits?

smohr33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S -> Taycan CT4
Country flag
My understanding is that since the car was never registered, it still qualifies for state and federal tax credits?
People are misinformed and making assumptions.

You will get the MSO and be the first titled owner = you get the tax credit.

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
People are misinformed and making assumptions.

You will get the MSO and be the first titled owner = you get the tax credit.
Correct.
Just make sure the car inst punched because you lose time on your warranty. If it is punched, I would ask for than a 15% discount

RoseyPSU

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Aston Martin Vantage
Country flag
I bought my '20 in May off the lot. 14% off but it wasn't stamped, so full warranty. My production date was Aug 2020.

They need to go more than 10%, but I can guarantee they will not go 20% on a new car, regardless of the fact that it's leftover, look at the price of used ones... not worth it to take the loss, someone will come along and buy it.

Somewhere around 12% is breakeven for the dealer, I'm told at 14% my dealer took a $2k loss on the car to move it. I inquired on every leftover '20 4S on the East Coast before I closed on mine, and 14% was the best I could do on any of them.
This is almost exactly what happened for me, except I was in April, not May. About the same numbers though....

Scotty

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4s
Country flag
Hi,

I have a 4S on order for myself but we've been going back and forth for a car for my wife. I found a 2020 model in a color she likes. The dealer says the car is new but since they are not supposed to have new 2020 models in stock, as per Porsche terms, it's listed as 'Used'. Is that plausible?

Secondly, they're offering a 10% discount on MSRP for this heavily optioned car. Is that too low for a car that's been sitting on the lot for a long time (production date May 2020).

Lastly they say it was punched as 'in-service' in April 2021 and that's when the factory warranty started. Car has less than 50 miles on it and lists with no previous owner. It's also finance or purchase only, no lease.

I'm just wondering if this is worth considering and at what discount?

Thoughts appreciated.
I got 6% off when I purchased by 2020 4S new. A friend ordered a 4s 8 weeks ago and the dealer gave him 6 % off. 10% seems low.

RCorsa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TTS, F8, Urus S , Raptor R, X5, Tesla M3P
Country flag
If the warranty was punched it’s a demo car so you are buying a 2 year old Used untitled car and the price should reflect that. New cars often you can get 5-7% off on so 10% seems Way too high for me. I think 15-20% is more in line. After all I have a 2021 4s super low mileage car I’m going to sell/trade for a 2022 PTS and the depreciation is near 15%.

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If the warranty was punched it’s a demo car so you are buying a 2 year old Used untitled car and the price should reflect that. New cars often you can get 5-7% off on so 10% seems Way too high for me. I think 15-20% is more in line. After all I have a 2021 4s super low mileage car I’m going to sell/trade for a 2022 PTS and the depreciation is near 15%.
Do your I factor in the $7500 tax rebate as part of that 15% depreciation?

OP
OP
GG77

GG77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Cayenne S
Country flag
Correct.
Just make sure the car inst punched because you lose time on your warranty. If it is punched, I would ask for than a 15% discount
Punched. April 28 2021. So about 3 months down on warranty.

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Punched. April 28 2021. So about 3 months down on warranty.
I would aim for 20% off.
Why is the car sitting? What color is it? Any speccs making it less desirable?

Also does the dealer qualify for the $1500 California rebate?

Bognar67

First Name
Janos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
T M3P 2019, Taycan GTS 2022, i4 40 MS 2024
Country flag
Thanks. The dealer seems pretty motivated to move it so I'm hoping for the best when I go in.

You're right though, supply v demand is crazy.
My vote is 17% as a sweet spot. Good luck with it, you'll get it. Crossing my fingers...

Fedex77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3 E92, Range Rover Sport HST
Country flag
Two year old demo. Wouldn’t touch if for less than 20%

RCorsa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TTS, F8, Urus S , Raptor R, X5, Tesla M3P
Country flag
Yep with the 7500 which I took off my 2020 tax return (delivered in December) its actually 14%. Now if I trade the car I get a 10.1% sales tax deduction of the new car valuation minus the trade value so if you figure that in it’s less than 14%.
Sponsored