Thoughts on Lease vs Purchase?

Bella

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4 CT, Prius
Country flag
Also leasing my MY22 4S sedan and currently waiting on final numbers from the dealership. MF 0.0024 probably and applying the federal and state EV incentives along with a $2500 dealer discount. The RV from PFS is certainly crazy but it is what it is. As a business lease for 36 months, made more sense for me in California vs a loan, esp for a first BEV.
I was told today no official word going forward on the $7500 for Leases. Let us know if you get the Credit.
Sponsored

Mrusualsuspect

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Curious to see if they included the $7500 tax credit + any state credit in your lease?
They reduced the capitalized costs by the 7,500 for the lease calculations. So giving full credit to that. Although I think given where things stand with BBB right now, I should be ok buying it this week and still being able to claim the credit on my 2022 tax return.

Reactions: AV7

GG77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Cayenne S
Country flag
I was told today no official word going forward on the $7500 for Leases. Let us know if you get the Credit.
Just to circle back, I got the numbers from the dealership. They are applying the $7500 federal credit as well as the $750 CA state credit to the cost of the car when leasing. (The CA credit dropped from 1500 to 750 in Nov unfortunately). As an aside they are also honoring the discount they mentioned when I put down the deposit for this car, so I'm happy about that.

Porsche Taycan Thoughts on Lease vs Purchase? Screenshot_20220110-212243

mdrobc1213

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, Taycan CT4, 992 Carrera,
Country flag
Yes my dealer said the $7500 credit still applies to either lease or can claim with taxes on all Taycans they are delivering. Mine will come in at end of month. Unlikely to lease as I plan on keeping the car for a min. Allows options to sell as I'll have at least 20-30% or more RV by the time I'd sell it in 12 mos and if longer around 40% probably or lower. As for Build Back Better...although its a good deal for a lot of folks don't see it getting past both House in any form near what it currently is written thus do not see also them reversing tax credits on a huge number of folks purchasing EV's retroactively to say NOPE no credits on what (EVs) are a big part of the main climate change reduction and current vector that manufacturers in many of the industrialized nations have now taken. Think if BBB pushed forward in Summer 2022 (before the 2022 midterms.) the $7500 credit will stay intact. Fingers crossed.

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
Just to circle back, I got the numbers from the dealership. They are applying the $7500 federal credit as well as the $750 CA state credit to the cost of the car when leasing. (The CA credit dropped from 1500 to 750 in Nov unfortunately). As an aside they are also honoring the discount they mentioned when I put down the deposit for this car, so I'm happy about that.

Screenshot_20220110-212243.png
VW financial is applying the $7500 tax credit on all of their leases which is a good sign.

On another note, Its nice to see another made up delaer fee for the California Highway Patrol

Congratulations. You've been working diligently on this.

GG77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Cayenne S
Country flag
VW financial is applying the $7500 tax credit on all of their leases which is a good sign.

On another note, Its nice to see another made up delaer fee for the California Highway Patrol

Congratulations. You've been working diligently on this.
Ty! Haha yes, most bills in Cali are just a long list of random crap charged to you. How's the etron quest coming along? Are the lease numbers, RV etc much different there?

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
Ty! Haha yes, most bills in Cali are just a long list of random crap charged to you. How's the etron quest coming along? Are the lease numbers, RV etc much different there?
RS Etron GT for 36/12 is 57% RV, MF .00246
Taycan Turbo for 36/12 is 46% RV, MF .00210

Audi gets an 11 point RV, but a little higher MF, Much lower MSRP too
Sponsored