Thoughts on these wheels and seat for Taycan CT4s ?

OP
OP

YLC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A6, Taycan Cross Turismo 4s (waiting)
Country flag
Tbh, i quite like the look of the 19in design..... just thinking about the performance and I agree that the ps4 tyres are better than the Hankook tyres.
I known that I a in the minority in terms of liking the 19in wheels
Sponsored

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
My vote is for the 20” wheels over 19’s. I went with the aeros. The off roads were my second choice but I opted for the slight range advantage.

14 way seats has been great. If you had to choose between 20” wheels and 18 way seats, I’d go for the 20’s - more worthwhile IMO.

+1 for Sport Chrono - it’s a quintessential part of the Porsche driving experience. I came from non Sport Chrono (Cayenne) to my Sport Chrono CT4 and I appreciate the ability to flip between driving modes seamlessly. In my non-sport Chrono days, my wife would nag every time she saw me reach over to press the Sport button on the center console. Sport Chrono is more discrete and flexible. I’ve appreciated Sport Chrono’s Individual Mode for tweaked settings in winter and summer.

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW Series 3 XDRIVE M SPORT
Country flag
£750 probably and besides many Taycan owners are new to the brand and won't appreciate the plastic nod to heritage.
Agreed, as a first time Porsche owner I think the old grandfather clock in the middle of the dash destroys the futuristic aesthetics. It looks stupid. Sport mode can easily be accessed. Not sure how useful Sport plus is for day to day driving.

cityhpper

First Name
Johan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4. 20" summers, 20" winters.
Country flag
I known that I a in the minority in terms of liking the 19in wheels
Nothing wrong with that and they have gotten an un-deserved reputation for beeing ugly etc. I will convert my set to winter usage now by adding some proper winter tyres, this should work quite well IMO (aero dynamics are good, and also a bit narrower tyres compared to the 20"s).

This summer we stayed for one night in a small hotel in a village just south of Sell am See, Austria. Plenty of motorists there who were eager to start the day early and to be first in line when the Gross Glockner pass opened the next morning.

An older German guy in his 80's were there with a beautiful MG, and he came over to have a look at the Taycan. He complemented the 19" wheels and said they were the choice of grown-ups (not sure how to interpret that, though...). Apparently he had been involved when the Fucsfelge(R) were developed for the 911 in the 1960's, and felt that Porsche had really designed the 19" for Taycan as a nod backwards in time...

OP
OP

YLC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Nothing wrong with that and they have gotten an un-deserved reputation for beeing ugly etc. I will convert my set to winter usage now by adding some proper winter tyres, this should work quite well IMO (aero dynamics are good, and also a bit narrower tyres compared to the 20"s).

This summer we stayed for one night in a small hotel in a village just south of Sell am See, Austria. Plenty of motorists there who were eager to start the day early and to be first in line when the Gross Glockner pass opened the next morning.

An older German guy in his 80's were there with a beautiful MG, and he came over to have a look at the Taycan. He complemented the 19" wheels and said they were the choice of grown-ups (not sure how to interpret that, though...). Apparently he had been involved when the Fucsfelge(R) were developed for the 911 in the 1960's, and felt that Porsche had really designed the 19" for Taycan as a nod backwards in time...
Yes, I think the wheels looks futuristic without being over the top but wished that you can get the ps4 tyres for it.

OP
OP

YLC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My vote is for the 20” wheels over 19’s. I went with the aeros. The off roads were my second choice but I opted for the slight range advantage.

14 way seats has been great. If you had to choose between 20” wheels and 18 way seats, I’d go for the 20’s - more worthwhile IMO.

+1 for Sport Chrono - it’s a quintessential part of the Porsche driving experience. I came from non Sport Chrono (Cayenne) to my Sport Chrono CT4 and I appreciate the ability to flip between driving modes seamlessly. In my non-sport Chrono days, my wife would nag every time she saw me reach over to press the Sport button on the center console. Sport Chrono is more discrete and flexible. I’ve appreciated Sport Chrono’s Individual Mode for tweaked settings in winter and summer.
I can see my wife would comment also if she sees me changing modes often so discrete may be good. She is not really looking forward to the CT4s as she thinks I drive too fast on the back roads in my standard A6. She has agreed to the car as I wanted it but said that I need to drive slower when she and my son is in the car.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Wheel styling is a very personal thing.

The one I like least is probably the most popular 20” looking at photos! Choose what you like and I am sure the 19” would not be standard if it was undersized for the weight.

Personally, I don’t like the look of the glass roof, the metal roof with the continuation of the bonnet highlight creases looks much nicer to me, and I don’t like radiation on my head so I wouldn’t choose the glass roof even if it were a zero cost option.
I dislike the look of “privacy glass” so don’t imagine the rear will be too dark with no glass roof, though obviously not as airy it will not often be used in my case.

Having written that, I am not keen on the plastic wheelarch cladding on the CT but since I want a comfortable every day car with sports car potential I stuck with the CT over the ST for the extra 20mm of bump suspension travel - you can still run low with the sports setting(s).

Unlike some the blister on the dash doesn’t bother me so Sports Chrono was a no-brainier for me since I detest using touch screens so the more actual controls I can have the better so the steering wheel knob is a big plus for me.

Along with my wish for a comfortable car I also went with the sound insulated glass.

I went for the 21” CT wheels since I like the styling best. I am still wondering what wheels to get for winter tyres though, the 20” CT wheels aren’t on the Techquipment winter tyre list and I like them best of all the 20” wheels so I may end up getting them with Euro spec all season tyres for winter, or the 19” ones which are a bit shinier than I like though I haven’t seen them ”in the flesh”. If they are smooth polished I would like them, if they have the “grooves” you get with simple lathe turning I wouldn’t…

OP
OP

YLC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Wheel styling is a very personal thing.

The one I like least is probably the most popular 20” looking at photos! Choose what you like and I am sure the 19” would not be standard if it was undersized for the weight.

Personally, I don’t like the look of the glass roof, the metal roof with the continuation of the bonnet highlight creases looks much nicer to me, and I don’t like radiation on my head so I wouldn’t choose the glass roof even if it were a zero cost option.
I dislike the look of “privacy glass” so don’t imagine the rear will be too dark with no glass roof, though obviously not as airy it will not often be used in my case.

Having written that, I am not keen on the plastic wheelarch cladding on the CT but since I want a comfortable every day car with sports car potential I stuck with the CT over the ST for the extra 20mm of bump suspension travel - you can still run low with the sports setting(s).

Unlike some the blister on the dash doesn’t bother me so Sports Chrono was a no-brainier for me since I detest using touch screens so the more actual controls I can have the better so the steering wheel knob is a big plus for me.

Along with my wish for a comfortable car I also went with the sound insulated glass.

I went for the 21” CT wheels since I like the styling best. I am still wondering what wheels to get for winter tyres though, the 20” CT wheels aren’t on the Techquipment winter tyre list and I like them best of all the 20” wheels so I may end up getting them with Euro spec all season tyres for winter, or the 19” ones which are a bit shinier than I like though I haven’t seen them ”in the flesh”. If they are smooth polished I would like them, if they have the “grooves” you get with simple lathe turning I wouldn’t…
Thanks.
What are your thoughts on the comfort seats and PTV+?

OP
OP

YLC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks.
What are your thoughts on the comfort seats and PTV+?
Thinking whether HUD would be more useful than PTV+ if I am not pushing the car to it's limits.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Thinking whether HUD would be more useful than PTV+ if I am not pushing the car to it's limits.
HUD is a superfluous addition IMHO and can be distracting. Note that you already have a fabulous digital cockpit straight in front of you why spoil that with a further display of the same information projected on to the windscreen.. Search the forum and see the various (mixed) reviews. I've experienced it twice now on two demo cars and still would not option it (and disable it if standard).

Extended leather (if not already optioned) would be the more sensible selection of all 3 deriving enjoyment each time you step in and drive the car.

OP
OP

YLC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
HUD is a superfluous addition IMHO and can be distracting. Note that you already have a fabulous digital cockpit straight in front of you why spoil that with a further display of the same information projected on to the windscreen.. Search the forum and see the various (mixed) reviews. I've experienced it twice now on two demo cars and still would not option it (and disable it if standard).

Extended leather (if not already optioned) would be the more sensible selection of all 3 deriving enjoyment each time you step in and drive the car.
Thanks. Which option is the extended leather in the configurator. There are various options but don't know which.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag

Just had a go in a Pan with HUD. Maybe it was set to bright, but it seemed hugely distracting to me. Maybe you get use to it, but i was pleased to find the off button in the PCM!

OP
OP

YLC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just had a go in a Pan with HUD. Maybe it was set to bright, but it seemed hugely distracting to me. Maybe you get use to it, but i was pleased to find the off button in the PCM!
Thanks, Good to know.
Sponsored