JayGT4

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT4 / Taycan Turbo
Country flag
In the coming weeks through the end of the year, you can expect to see many enhancements at stations starting with the replacement of 300+ early technology chargers with our Next-Generation Charger.

We will continue to share updates on this charger replacement campaign in the coming weeks. Thank you for being a member of our EV community ⚡

Sponsored

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
I'd rather see an expansion of units rather than replacing those older ones

npx

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Had my first (and, inshallah, only) absolute nightmare EA experience at Truckee California last month, one of the original EA stations as it sits atop Donner Pass on the way down from Tahoe into the approach to the Bay Area.

to start off 2 chargers completely down including a 350kw, with the other 350 of course in use by a chevy bolt

the remaining 2x 150kw were in use by a Rivian who wanted to charge to 100 percent and hogged the charger for 49 minutes (not like this is inherently wrong but when there's 3 people waiting, come on), and a poor guy in an E-Tron who could not get it to take his credit card.

I called EA support asking about my own issues with the 350 that was actually offline for maintenance and not due to software, and then handed my phone to the gentleman in the Audi and asked her to help him out, which took 45 minutes on the phone before they finally relented and gave him a free charge. I guess he was trying to pay instead of using the app to authorize the charger, but still, holy hell. If I'd known it would have taken that long I would've just authorized him on my app.

After the Rivian moved, this nice younger guy about my age, in a blue EV6 GT, could not get his car to initiate the charge, and also spent 20 mins on the phone with EA support, and then finally, after being at the charger for almost an hour with me, he relented, taycan plugged in, remote authorized with the Porsche app, and immediately began charging without any errors or problems, to everyone's amazement.

Thank god they're upgrading these old stations because the experience is fucking abysmal.

By comparison every other EA station has charged my car with no problem or minimal problems (laggy screen, needed two or three attempts to app-authorize, etc) and most of that has to do with the newer units

NuJerzPorsche

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yeah EA better get their stuff together or someone is going to come disrupt it and do it even better. I would be expecting them to add 300 completely new stations too.

BMFC73

First Name
Terrance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS on Order
Country flag
They recently replaced the chargers at the King of Prussia mall (Pennsylvania) with this new setup. Very nice.
Thanks for the update. I’m 15 minutes from the mall. Where is it located exactly?
Sponsored