Through the end of the year, Electrify America will be replacing 300+ early-generation chargers with its next-generation chargers

mockingbird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
In the coming weeks through the end of the year, you can expect to see many enhancements at stations starting with the replacement of 300+ early technology chargers with our Next-Generation Charger.

We will continue to share updates on this charger replacement campaign in the coming weeks. Thank you for being a member of our EV community
Porsche Taycan Through the end of the year, Electrify America will be replacing 300+ early-generation chargers with its next-generation chargers 26a1
(3) Electrify America on Twitter: "In the coming weeks through the end of the year, you can expect to see many enhancements at stations starting with the replacement of 300+ early technology chargers with our Next-Generation Charger. https://t.co/TsPKk8WVmZ" / Twitter

(3) Electrify America on Twitter: "We will continue to share updates on this charger replacement campaign in the coming weeks. Thank you for being a member of our EV community ⚡" / Twitter
Sponsored

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
these upgrades are a good thing, however EA needs to up their game in keeping the current units operational.
I know of one location in FL where 3 of the four units have been inoperable for over a year.

in addition to keeping things up and running there needs to be a significant expansion of capacity, both increasing the capacity at current locations and creating new locations.

as more and more EVs are being delivered if there isn't any expansion of places to charge we will begin to see the current system overwhelmed like many tesla stations in CA had huge delays a few years ago because there wasn't enough chargers on the travel corridors there.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
I want to believe this is a good thing - but annoucements don't push electrons in my battery - I'll wait and see if this actually improves things - if it takes them 3 years to roll out these chargers it will be ultimately good but maybe lacking the urgency required

this coupled with the new signage I'm sure will finally make EA as reliable as Tesla's supercharger network - I'm sure of it.
Sponsored