Thule bars compatibility with Cross Turismo

Bill4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo ; CT4S ordered
Country flag
Hi

Does anyone know if we will be able to put thule bars on the Cross Turismo rails ? Will that come later ?
Thule Aero bars are so much better than Porsche's
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I reached out to Thule directly a month ago to see if I could get the foot pack / conversion kit for the Taycan. They were less than helpful even though we all know they’re making the racks and carriers for Porsche as they’ve done previously. For now there are no Thule branded parts for the Taycan.

I would be stunned if there wasn’t a compatible foot back if you have existing Thule kit. If not and can’t wait then go Porsche. The rails look similar to Macan / Cayenne and potentially the fittings are identical BUT not something you want to guess at clearly.

Getting feet to fit the rails should be easier than feet to fit into a roof recess as per the saloon - too risky.

Hopefully, the situation will improve and there is a choice to be had.

OP
OP

Bill4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo ; CT4S ordered
Country flag
I reached out to Thule directly a month ago to see if I could get the foot pack / conversion kit for the Taycan. They were less than helpful even though we all know they’re making the racks and carriers for Porsche as they’ve done previously. For now there are no Thule branded parts for the Taycan.

I would be stunned if there wasn’t a compatible foot back if you have existing Thule kit. If not and can’t wait then go Porsche. The rails look similar to Macan / Cayenne and potentially the fittings are identical BUT not something you want to guess at clearly.

Getting feet to fit the rails should be easier than feet to fit into a roof recess as per the saloon - too risky.

Hopefully, the situation will improve and there is a choice to be had.
Thank you for your response

I actually own the aero thule bars (and feets) which I currently use on my Macan. I hope as you say it will fit the CT.

optik382

First Name
Fletcher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bolt, 2023 XC90 PHEV, 2022 Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Thank you for your response

I actually own the aero thule bars (and feets) which I currently use on my Macan. I hope as you say it will fit the CT.
Did you try, and did they fit? I am looking for a good solution for the cross bars on my 2022 CT... I have no silver/chrome on the outside of the car so looking for something that comes in black!

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
Did you try, and did they fit? I am looking for a good solution for the cross bars on my 2022 CT... I have no silver/chrome on the outside of the car so looking for something that comes in black!
Some discussion in this thread. I purchased the Thule Wingbar Edge in black from an online retailer on Europe and had them shipped to the US. The Thule Wingbars are low profile and width-adjustable (though you still need to buy the correct size - WingBar Edge 9585B). They fit well. I am using them with the Porsche Performance Roof Box.
Porsche Taycan Thule bars compatibility with Cross Turismo 77846CB0-60A2-414B-B8BC-E4309678519E
Porsche Taycan Thule bars compatibility with Cross Turismo BF83145C-022D-41CA-B022-076D897BFB2D

optik382

First Name
Fletcher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bolt, 2023 XC90 PHEV, 2022 Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Some discussion in this thread. I purchased the Thule Wingbar Edge in black from an online retailer on Europe and had them shipped to the US. The Thule Wingbars are low profile and width-adjustable (though you still need to buy the correct size - WingBar Edge 9585B). They fit well. I am using them with the Porsche Performance Roof Box.
77846CB0-60A2-414B-B8BC-E4309678519E.jpeg
BF83145C-022D-41CA-B022-076D897BFB2D.jpeg
Thanks so much. I just ordered the 9585B for my Neptune Blue CT!

landshark

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
Do you mind to send us the purchase link as I still couldn't find it on the Thule US site and there's no words on the factory crossbar neither (ordered since Oct 21').
77846CB0-60A2-414B-B8BC-E4309678519E.jpeg
BF83145C-022D-41CA-B022-076D897BFB2D.jpeg

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
Do you mind to send us the purchase link as I still couldn't find it on the Thule US site and there's no words on the factory crossbar neither (ordered since Oct 21').
This company is in Latvia. Shipping to USA has increased significantly since I ordered:
https://www.fixparts-online.com/en/thule-wingbar-edge-9585b-958520.html

Another US-based forum member ordered from a retailer in Spain. I don’t have that link though.

Why not try to get the new model from a UK retailer?

landshark

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
For the Thule 9585B, there seems to have different sizes. What size would fit the CrossTurismo?

Thanks!

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
For the Thule 9585B, there seems to have different sizes. What size would fit the CrossTurismo?

Thanks!
I ordered 9585 for my CT. Haven’t got the car nor the bars yet. But the set has two different size, front and rear have a different size bar.

philbur

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 911 C2 (993), 2015 Cayenne S, 1978 VW Bus
Country flag
I have the 9585B and they are spring loaded so they adjust for the difference in width. They are low profile and fit great - enough clearance for our thule roof box attachment claws. I dont like how high the OEMs ones sit.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
I have the 9585B and they are spring loaded so they adjust for the difference in width. They are low profile and fit great - enough clearance for our thule roof box attachment claws. I dont like how high the OEMs ones sit.
What Thule roofbox do you have? I ordered a Vector M. It is aerodynamic and the front comes quite low. I hope this won’t be a problem with the low position of the wingbars.

scav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo (2022)
Country flag
The Thule wing bar does not scratch the roof rails? It looks like it’s fastened with a rubber-like strap? If so, I’m getting them as I was just waiting for alternatives to Porsches.

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag

Thanks!
9585 or 9585B are the correct SKUs. On the FixParts site, notice that the part number changes depending on selection of the size, which in FixParts designation should be M/L for the CT. I and others here have the 9585B. It is adjustable and fits the CT roof bars well.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Sorry I see I already asked you the same thing in January.
Sponsored